Finance ChartIQ

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Yahoo Finance Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please permit user to turn off display of volume data at the bottom of the index chart. I've suggested this at least three times is the past

This is a three-peat from me. I rarely want to look at volume data and it obscures stock price index data during extreme swings in the value of the price index. There is no way to turn off the display. I don't understand why you insist of making the volume chart a mandatory display. Other indicators are optional.

50th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Trend line bubble tag blocking my view.

Whenever I draw the trend line, the bubble tag on the middle alway block my candle price view. When there is more trend line on the chart, it even harder to see the price. Bubble tag displaying the number of candles is handy, however it should have an option to disable it. Yahoo finance is an awesome inututive tool to use just this bubble feature is so annoying. Simple is the best.

132nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Extreme right side of chart is sometimes truncated

My favorite portfolio tracking website; thanks! My most commonly used page is “My Portfolios”. From the “Day Chart” icon on this page, it’s very handy to access the full-page chart for each security in my portfolio. There is a very handy list along the right side of the full-page chart page from which the chart for every other security in the portfolio can be selectively displayed. There is a small but irritating flaw when accessing charts from the list on the right side of the full-page chart. The very right-hand edge of the full-page chart accessed this way is truncated…

177th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Stock chart

I've been using Yahoo finance for years. The thing I don't like about it is the stock charts. The chart is not very visually appealing. Remember when google finance had their charts. I always used their's over the yahoo one. I don't like that it's a strip and not the full screen. Finviz and barcharts also have nicer looking charts.

96th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Printability of screens

I appreciate the existing screen dte and ease of use. I'd like to take a screen shot of the market, after I have closed my position, each day. It helps in reviewing older trades.

132nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please be noted that the yahoo stock chart is out of function when the comparison include a korean company stock.

Please be noted that the yahoo stock chart is out of function when the comparison include a korean company stock.

177th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. bp.l

BP.L data is wrong 12/2019 & 3/2020 is wrong based on 1 week interative chart.

177th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Visitor Trend

Visitor Trend indicator keeps popping up when viewing full screen chart when I didn't even select the indicator. This is with Mozilla Firefox on macOS 10.15.5.

It seems to be fine on Safari though.

177th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Cant go from full Screen chart view to summary view

Need to quickly go with a link perhaps from Full Screen Chart view back to a summary view for whatever stock is listed on chart

177th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature difficult to use or find  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. dark mode

Has anyone mentioned optional Dark mode charts!

One wonders why it's taken Yahoo! this far!!

177th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. It Should Be One Rule for Every Tab (chart)

If I work with 6-8 charts on one monitor I see a different horizontal scale. It should be one linear not logarithmic scale for every single chart: ! day or 5 days in EVERY SINGLE CHART. It mustn't change then I reload charts.. I MUST INSTALL and CONTROL it not spontaneous software.. It's a quality I very appreciated in former Google Finance software. (sleep peacefully). Thanks

177th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 177th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Change the color of the red and green bullish and bearish signals on the chart

Change the red and green bullish and bearish signals on the chart to different colors so (red/green) color blind people can tell them apart

177th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature difficult to use or find  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I don't like automatic 9.00 am setting in chart.

I don't like automatic 9.00 a.m. setting in chart then I reload tab. You have extended hours function. Why do you need to duple it? This function must be controlled by investor, not automatically displayed ( ad the button next to pencil) It make a mess in mind of investors. Can you image car traffic on roads without traffic lights or constantly changing traffic rules? It's the same. Thanks.

177th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. editing details of indicators doesn't work

I would like to change the colors of some of the indicators (both in the chart and below) I've set up. When I change the color and "Save" it, it is fine for that session. The colors revert to the original colors I used when I set the indicator up months ago.

132nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Support, resistance and stop loss

When charting it would be helpful to able to add, Support, resistance and stop loss to columns in portfolios

177th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I like Yahoo Finance but one thing make me mad...

If I work with 8-50 chart at the same time (2 powerful computers) and I found active profitable real time positions they changes to 1 day scale for entire screen even if I installed 5 days scale. So my mind should works with different scales simultaneously. It destroys all effective work. If I install ! day scale it should be 1 day, but not 2,5 or 3 days scale or changeable scale.Yahoo Finance software has enough tools to do it manually . May be Google Chrome software does it without your agreement, I don't know. Find out it. Google Chrome…

177th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Delay of 3 minutes in daily charts, is this new? (noticed may 28th 2020)

The full screen charts on yahoo finance website used to be in real time, but I've been having issues for a while now and just noticed today they are delayed 3 minutes, this is too much for quick decision making. Please answer as to why, or fix if you can. Thank you

177th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Delay of 3 minutes in daily charts, is this new? (noticed may 28th 2020)

The full screen charts on yahoo finance website used to be in real time, but I've been having issues for a while now and just noticed today they are delayed 3 minutes, this is too much for quick decision making. Please answer as to why, or fix if you can. Thank you

177th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. moving average

Fix the moving average. When you select 2yr or 5yr time frame all of the moving averages calculate wrong. The shorter periods work but not the longer. I use the 50, 100, and 200 day averages and this screws me up. It started a few months ago around January 2020 maybe and I thought you would have fixed it by now.

177th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base