Fantasy Ratings and Levels

Fantasy Ratings and Levels measure your performance against your opponents. It’s based on your gameplay and is updated throughout the fantasy season. At the end of each season you’ll have a final Level and Rating.

This forum is for you to provide feedback on our Ratings and Levels system. Please let us know what you think!

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. Base it on the league/timeframe.

Each league is different. Scoring, number of players/coaches etc.. Even timing. If you want an overall rank fine but how about ranks in your league. I have a league from near the 2000 that ended after 2-years and the new league with different rules for the last 15. The leagues were nothing alike, you should be able to split rankings based on the league/time-frame in addition to an overall score.

26th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Better Rating System

The rating system makes no sense whatsoever. I went 2-2 in my leagues with 3 teams having an A or A+ rating and a D+ in the last yet my rating went down by 5 points? Also, you cannot help injuries that happen mid game so why should you get penalized for and injury taking place that you cannot control in your lineup? Think this whole system needs to be revamped.

38th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. ratings and projections

The ratings and projections are completely inaccurate. Either eliminate them both, or allow a player to hide them if they choose.

38th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 38th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Level-Based Leagues

I like to join a free public league in addition to my main league, but I'd love to see more options rather than just Public or Winners leagues. How about a same-level league option?

This way, Diamonds, Platinums, etc, can all enter into leagues with others of the same rating, which will not only make public leagues more competitive, but also offer a better insight to how we all measure up when not over or under-matched, as is often the case.

I'm a 3x Diamond, but I understand that many of my wins were barely deserving of a +1 in…

38th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Why did my rating remain unchanged?

I beat a guy with a rating of 896 (I have 890) this week for 3rd place in yahoo pro league. I won the match 10-0. Why did my rating remain unchanged?

38th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. How do I beat a team by 55+ points and yet LOSE 7 points in my ranking? This ranking system thing seems whack.

How do I beat a team by 55+ points and yet LOSE 7 points in my ranking? This ranking system thing seems whack.

38th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. How did my rating drop 16 pts after receiving an A+in weekly results?

How is it possible my rating drop 16 pts after receiving an A+in weekly results?

38th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 38th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ratings should be per year per sport, Level should be overall

Never understood why Ratings in Fantasy were only based on your overall Fantasy and not on individual leagues that reset each year. I mean Baseball doesn't start the year off and say Dodgers get to start with 100 wins because they got a 100 the year before. They start with a blank slate. Ratings should be based on the year and reset each year. It makes more sense for your level to carry over year to year. Then it would show an overall Level and with the ability to tell how well you're doing that year. If I suck one…

38th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 38th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Bronze!? I have been obsessively playing on your platform for 17 years.

Why you trying to insult me. This is hard. It takes a lot of luck. ****.

38th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I won this week, but lost 16 points... huh?! Because I didn't outscore projected points maybe?

I like the concept, but it seems to have a bug this week? (week 11)

8th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. SHOULD BE SEPARATE TROPHY RECOGNITION FOR REGULAR SEASON AND FINALS

Many times I have finished first regular season and 3rd or 4th in finals. So many things impact that finals finish. But a season long successful finish should not be a failure and go unrecognized. That person won a season long pennant - THAT deserves recognition. There could be a home field variable added within the finals rankings based upon regular season ending results - perhaps it moves from a H2H to points based finals with the higher seeded team earning more points per category. Anyway, what I do know is it sucks to win the pennant and get nothing…

26th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. RATING LEVEL SHOULD INCLUDE A STATISTICAL WINNING % FOR RELEVANCE

Eg: If a 900 is 99th percentile - then what winning percentage does that equate too. If I am at 881 with a culmulative winning percentage of ,569 then what winning percentage do I need to be at 900 level?? This should always be clearly identified and allow players to appeal if there are discrepancies between winning and the rating.

38th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. First stab at it---no more "handcuffing"

When star players get hurt, the owner of that player should have first dibs on the respective backup. Here is an example/scenario of what I am advocating. RB Alvin Kamara gets hurt and is put on IR. The owner of Kamara should have first dubs at RB Mark Ingram--Kamara's backup. In the real world, the coach of the Saints just inserts and starts playing Ingram. There is no scrambling to fill the hole created by the injury. So, if the owner of Kamara wants to add Ingram, s/he should be offered first dibs at Ingram. If that respective owner passes…

26th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow us to delete old teams from dead leagues that weren't canceled.

I have a few teams that auto-drafted after the league disbanded, but was not deleted/canceled.

11th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Is there any way to sync old historical stats to new email account?

My friend had to create new email address and deleted his old yahoo account that was associated with our fantasy league. It would be so cool if yahoo could import his historical stats instead of it saying that he has only been in the league since '19!

38th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Rating Scheme is Horrible

This rating system ultimately rewards players who play and "win" in a lot of weak leagues, as that is the best way to game this system. There are so many other dimensions of good fantasy players that are ignored. For example, how does a team do with the pickups they made in that week? Does the owner check in regularly to make sure that their players are active? How good are the owner's trades? Did the player win in an active league or a dead one? Basically this system only rewards league champs. Not really useful IMO

38th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 26th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?