New Mail Basic

Welcome to our Yahoo Basic Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Basic Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Basic Mail provides base functionality like reading and writing messages, but does not include many of the advanced options. To use these features, we recommend upgrading to full-featured version of Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. 59th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 78th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Bring back the drag and dop function

The drag and drop function for sorting emails to different mail boxes worked great but now I can't do it.

46th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. go back to the previous version!! Can no longer have multiple emails open (tabs are gone) and hoveriing over an email address no longer

go back to the previous version!! Can no longer have multiple emails open (tabs are gone) and hovering over an email address no longer

43rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Delete and block irrelevant mails

Hi there,
    Previously, it was easier to delete and block unwanted emails. but now since few months this option is no more available and its quite annoying to copy and add thousands of irrelevant emails in to block email id tab via setting option. Pls make it either as easy as it was in previous version or invent way more easy option to block unnecessary /irrelevant/unwanted emails

59th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. You deleted my Contacts Lists!!! Stop making changes that interfere with our contacts!!!

Stop making changes that interfere with our contacts!!! You deleted my Contacts Lists!!!

59th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Physical address information (Address) as well as notes have disappeared from the contacts list. I need to restore them asap.

Restore addresses saved in the Contacts list (not email addresses, actual addresses).

59th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Yahoo Mail is used by Basic Mail Only under SRWare Iron

I am using SRWare Iron version 74.0.3850.0 64-bit and I have noticed that Yahoo Mail (the Basic Version) works on this browser. SRWare Iron should be supported on the "New" version of Yahoo Mail. On top of that, I have submitted a letter that was on May 28, 2019 regarding this issue and this idea may fall deaf (may not be considered to be accepted) because: (1) the response to this issue/idea has a 98% chance of having someone that doesn't understand English very well to misinterpret this and (2) having a forum support doesn't hold up very well in…

41st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Which century will Yahoo create a calendar app for android?

Why is there STILL no calendar app for android to sync events???? This is 2019...not 1999.

59th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Cannot seggergate contacts under different headings

In the contacts area I cannot seggregate the contacts under different headings.

Yahoo please provide that facility

The new contacts which I added on my yahoo contacts is not reflecting in yahoo mail app

Please rectify the mistake at the earliest

52nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Prove I'm not a robot during sign-in

Hey, what a great idea! Let's the user base off by insisting they prove they're not a robot during the sign-in process! It's already annoying that they have to go through a two-step process, let's make it three!! What a great **** idea!!!

59th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. small changes

Every time you change the format, it takes precious time away from my work and personal projects. I would suggest IF you MUST change the look, do very small, minor changes at a time. I do not know if the big changes are due to necessary updating systems or because you are feeding into the current societal need for something new all the time. Please stop.

46th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Flawed wrap around and justification on word processing

Just want to point out there is a problem with the word processing aspects of the email program, specifically with justification of the margins and wrap around of the text onto the next line. Words as short as "be" or "an" are being broken up into 2 lines of text. The word "the" was broken into "t" on one line and "he" on the next line. The word "top" was broken into "to" on one line and "p" on the next. At first I thought this was due to adding new text into the middle of existing text, but it…

46th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. How Can I restore a deleated contact ??

Could you please tell me how to restore a deleted contact ?.........I got rid of a contact a few weeks ago.........and would like to have it back.........thank you for your time.............

59th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Remove the scrolling of everything!!!!!!

When scrolling all your folders and emails scrolls together, which is a pain.
    It was better when just you email you were reading only scrolled. BRING BACK BASIC!!

52nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 59th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. FIX THE **** BUGS!!!! And stop using stupid phone style icons!

As soon as more than one screenfull of text is typed, the editor constantly moves the text out of view, so one is typing blind; no amount of window repositioning makes any difference.

The new icon buttons are utterly stupid, inconsistent and unwanted. I want buttons with Text! I am not using a ruddy smartphone!

And why does downloading an attachment now create an extra tab that then becomes null? What idiot coded that?

Why is the count of emails in the Drafts folder now just 999+ instead of a proper number? Do you think people are scared of big…

50th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Link original Yahoo id to business mail like it did before upgrade. So I don't have to log in multiple places

Link original Yahoo id to business mail like it did before upgrade. So I don't have to log in multiple places

78th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Can no longer import large numbers of contacts via excel.

This new Yahoo system is horrible! and they are trying to get people to pay extra for this useless service.

59th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. the new email can't type double words like oo, uu, ee

the new one sucks and can't type double words liked double o, u, or e.
    Also, can't type the other languages

50th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

New Mail Basic

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base