New Mail Basic

Welcome to our Yahoo Basic Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Basic Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Basic Mail provides base functionality like reading and writing messages, but does not include many of the advanced options. To use these features, we recommend upgrading to full-featured version of Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. Link original Yahoo id to business mail like it did before upgrade. So I don't have to log in multiple places

Link original Yahoo id to business mail like it did before upgrade. So I don't have to log in multiple places

79th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can no longer import large numbers of contacts via excel.

This new Yahoo system is horrible! and they are trying to get people to pay extra for this useless service.

59th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. the new email can't type double words like oo, uu, ee

the new one sucks and can't type double words liked double o, u, or e.
    Also, can't type the other languages

50th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Keep CLASSIC Mail for only Yahoo Mail PRO (PAID) custce. It will mean a steady revenue stream for you, If someone so lik

Keep CLASSIC Mail for only Yahoo Mail PRO (PAID) customers only as a choice. It will mean a steady revenue stream for you, If someone so likes CLASSIC MAIL interface as so many f these thousands of comments bear out, let people pay for it.

Are you not listening to the Voice of the Customer. For months on end, there has been a spate of negative comments about your new interface, Do you simply attribute every comment to CHANGE RESISTANCE? If you do that, then SHAME ON YOU YAHOO MAIL ! Shame on you!. You really run a terrible business…

52nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. message encoding setting is missing in NEW Yahoo Mail

message encoding setting is missing in NEW Yahoo Mail - regional characters are scrambled, PLEASE FIX so we can see correct text displayed

52nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 59th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Don't add an extra line. Its a list not new paragraphs

Leave my text alone. It is not helpful to add extra lines where they are not wanted.

59th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 79th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Include Time duration (From/To) criteria to delete emails

It will be good if we can delete old mails as one shoot by selecting time duration by days, months, and years. This will save yahoo storage disks and make it easy to us to delete old / unused emails using one click.

59th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. show me how to get out of the nightmare of having to f*ing click YES i wanted to f*ing sign out when I just f*ing clicked to f*ing sign out

show me how to get out of the nightmare of having to fing click YES i wanted to fing sign out when I just fing clicked to fing sign out

43rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. SPAM and DELETE buttons are too close together!

When deleting email, I am accidentally clicking the SPAM button because the two are too close together!!!! I started wondering why I was no receiving and discovered they were going to SPAM. The two buttons need a larger separation space!

52nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make voting easier.

This screen needs a button to sort the list below , showing ideas in rank order.

That way we could vote on existing ideas without trying to create existing items, (like send only when SEND is clicked.)

79th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 79th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Once you switch to the new Yahoo sign out and then back in and all functions will work like they did before!

Once you switch to the new Yahoo sign out and then back in and all functions will work like they did before! Maybe a short video tutorial of the new changes and how to adjust to them would be helpful for those GEEZERS who don't know how/like to adapt to change! I like the new layout. FRESH is FRESH!!!

52nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. link for viewing starred mails

HI,
    In yahoo classic there was a link to view all starred messages in the left column below inbox, Drafts, Sent, etc. Kindly bring it back.
    Thanks
    H

59th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Cannot select all to delete the contacts

Would you provide the box for select all contacts for delete

59th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. see below

allow contact suggestions to be deleted (there's no longer an x to delete). i get old suggestions that i don't want

59th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Where are the happy small emotion faces = emoji ?

You had deleted the EMOJI faces or missed places.
    How can I get them back?

79th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 79th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 79th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

New Mail Basic

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base