New Mail Basic
Welcome to our Yahoo Basic Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Basic Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.
Basic Mail provides base functionality like reading and writing messages, but does not include many of the advanced options. To use these features, we recommend upgrading to full-featured version of Yahoo Mail.
Here are some guidelines for using this forum:
- Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
- This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
- Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.
The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.
If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.
619 results found
-
Revert back to the way it worked 2 weeks ago?
My Yahoo mail page changed for the worse a few weeks ago. I did the revert to original--but what I have now isn't what I had-- it is much more of a pain to use now.
First-- The shift key longer lets me select a range of emails to move or delete.
Second--The scroll is no longer next to the inbox listings, but only on the outside next to the ads
Third--The Archive folder is no longer on the bar across the top of the mail-- meaning I have to go through three more clicks to move things to archive174th ranked -
html mode in compose box
thanks for your service; user of many years (and would support but don't need plus), i like many of the ideas presented in new email (web based), but continue with Basic although i would like to see:
a) ability to switch between html and text format in the compose window, or even the ability to edit the raw html which would confuse people i am sure.
b) in text mode i would like to see reply lines presented with > before each line so as to break up responses instead of responding to entire block only ? (thunderbird like behavior)…174th ranked -
174th ranked
-
don't change mail with out asking Put the original mail back remove giant space wasting headers and empty space at the bottom
Don't change peoples mail without asking Get rid of space wasting headers and empty space at the bottom too many steps for an easy job Did AI create this because it simply takes too much time no one has It's better to access all mail instead of hitting little arrows everywhere at the bottom of the page Exhausting! Replace our mail please Doesn't look like the public likes it either Why ***** something up that works ?I have three accounts to monitor and frankly I don't have time now Not streamlined Clunky and time consuming Bring back our mail
174th ranked -
174th ranked
-
I want the basic basic.
Please switch me back to basic! The real basic!!!!
174th ranked -
Yahoo+
Why is my account upgraded to Yahoo+ without my consent? You have alerted me that my storage is nearly full, but I have deleted nearly 20,000 emails. I would like to keep the free email account. Please let me know what I have to do so that I am within the free account limit.
174th ranked -
yahoo mail
i went in my email and when i got there is say to try a new setup..bad mistake cause now i can't change it back and there is nothing up top that will let me send each email to the folder i made for them..is there any way you can look in to my email ad have it sent back the way i just had it
174th ranked -
sepi.paris@yahoo.com
yahoo for life is the best
174th ranked -
stockage. storage
Bonjour je trouve dommage d.e ne plus voir le stockage dans la boite mail. Et peut on remettre le stockage en activité merci d'avance our la réponse.
Hello, I find it a shame not to see the storage in the mailbox anymore. And can we reactivate the storage? Thanks in advance for the reply.174th ranked -
Let me have the Yahoo Mail back that I have been using for 20 years.
How do I get back to the Yahoo Mail that I had, which I liked. the "Old Mail" is bare and the "New Mail" doesn't have the features or look I am used to having. Like a preview, and color.
174th ranked -
rendez nous l'ancienne version d'avant
La nouvelle version d'affichage ne me convenant pas, je suis revenu sur l'ancien Yahoo. Avant, on cherchait des mails similaires à celui sur lequel on était; on avait une petite loupe à droite de l'expéditeur, bien pratique pour gérer sa boîte… Ça a disparu.
Le mode sélectionner actif en permanence (case à cocher à gauche) est source d'erreur, pouvoir l'activer/désactiver au besoin serait beaucoup mieux.
Et franchement, 3 clics pour atteindre des paramètres là où la roue crantée était très bien… nan, sérieux, vos développeurs ont déjà entendu parler d'UX-Design ?
D'autant que la plupart des paramètres de personnalisation ont…174th ranked -
174th ranked
-
174th ranked
-
retour à l'ancienne version
depuis la mise à jour et la nouvelle version, je dois aller supprimer mes mails sur chaque appareil que j'utilise, idem si j'ouvre via google sur le même appareil. une plaie.
avez-vous un système afin d'éviter cela174th ranked -
unsubscribe and block
I should be able to unsubscribe and block any emails via a check all not click on each, have a popup, click confirm. That is dumb coding.
174th ranked -
Undo the change that was made regarding reading emails on an Android phone.
This past week something changed when reading my emails on my phone. If I read an email and go back to the inbox the screen dims. There are categories like ALL and Primary that segregate your inbox. If I leave it on PRIMARY the screen does not dim but I don't get all of my emails. If I use ALL, I get all of my emails but the screen goes dim after I read them, going back or deleting.I have tried everything I know to change back, even went to Verizon to see if they could help but no luck.…
174th ranked -
Maybe you can sort mail from the General inbox to various chosen boxes
The Idea of sorting mail when it is downloaded onto the computer into the inbox & Spam can also have other various boxes chosen to choose from and then to be able to rename them would help IMMENSLEY !
174th ranked -
Different colors for the STARS for favorites...or possible numbers added to the stars or both
Different colors for the STARS for favorites..., maybe possible numbers added to the stars or both. This coloring of the stars, with maybe the numbering or maybe both could and can be use to categorize the importance of the message
174th ranked -
The up/down arrows to the right of the emails
The up/down arrows to the right of the emails so one can go back to the previous message or down to the next message is missing. 10 times out of 10 these arrows are ALWAYS MISSING and each time I send feed back regarding this problems, the arrows are restored for a short time. I sent feed back regard this months ago and I haven't contacted you again about it because I was TIRED OF THIS HAPPENING OVER AND OVER AND OVER , etc, etc etc-----
174th ranked
- Don't see your idea?