New Mail Basic

Welcome to our Yahoo Basic Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Basic Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Basic Mail provides base functionality like reading and writing messages, but does not include many of the advanced options. To use these features, we recommend upgrading to full-featured version of Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. when i wanted to send an email all I had to do was type the first letter of a name and select from the drop down...It doesn't do that now

when i wanted to send an email all I had to do was type the first letter of a name and select from the drop down...It doesn't do that now

21st ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

23 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please have a web search and yahoo mail search combo like before.

Please have a web search and yahoo mail search combo like before.

21st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  30 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. font color

The font color is too faint - hard to read. Also, the ads on the sidebar are bigger. Not a fan of that.

23rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Block email addresses!

Please reprogram where it says "block email address" . It ALSO should work for phone numbers.

24th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I hate this new concept! I don't have my Smiley Faces, it's difficult to add reciepants. I want my old style back.

I hate this new concept! I don't have my Smiley Faces, it's difficult to add recipients. I want my old style back

25th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Where are the "next" and "previous" message up/down arrow icons? WTF?

There are no icons for scrolling through messages. WTF?

26th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Why is this newer one so much slower than the old one???

Why is this newer one so much SLOWER than the old one??? Bring back the old one at least until you fix these bugs in the new one.

27th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bring back the fonts that were used in the old mail. The new ones are more difficult to read.

Bring back the fonts that were used in the old mail. The new ones are more difficult to read.

28th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. PLEASE Get Rid of your New Yahoo system and Go back to what it was. Please Put my account - jamesmurphy1978@yahoo.com - back to Old style

PLEASE Get Rid of your New Yahoo system and Go back to what it was. Please Put my account - jamesmurphy1978@yahoo.com - back to Old style - When you changed - You lost All My Email Addresses - PLEASE i Need them back! - URGENT!

29th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Bring the classic yahoo mail back.

This Yahoo Pro is useless. Trying to use dictation software is futile.
    Bring the classic Yahoo mail back. It has more options and overall easier to navigate.

30th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. What the customer want? Would you dare to ask him, her FIRST ?

The old version was fine till today! It's working and with no bugs. Why you keep changing a thing that work juste fine! Bring back the older version right away please.

31st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Leave it alone! Just like everyone else, I'm tired of this!

Knock it off! I see no-one thanking you, get a clue!

31st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. the new format email suck Don't mess my email

the new format email suck Don't mess my email

33rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. You can improve the new format by going back to the classic version. My email text is distorted and arbitrarily changed and links don't show

You can improve the new format by going back to the classic version. My email text is distorted and arbitrarily changed and links don't show

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Let me go back to the mail I've been comfortable with

Seems to be a liberal takeover. Do as we say and if you don't like the change , too bad.

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. WRONG SUGGESTION FROM YAHOO MAIL SUPPORT

RESPONDED · Product Support (Admin, Yahoo) responded
    Hi there,

Thank you for your feedback. The option to switch back to the previous version can be found in the dropdown menu on the upper right of the screen. Open the dropdown and select “Go to old version” and click “Go”.

Thanks,
    Mail Support

THIS DOES NOT EXIST. NO DROP DOWN NO CHOICE. HELP

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 37th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. you force me to you a new Yahoo mail and it doesn't work. What the **** is wrong with you guys. Give me the old version back that actually w

you force me to use a new Yahoo mail and it doesn't work. What the **** is wrong with you guys. Give me the old version back that actually works. Doesn't seem like Im the only one who thinks this. You guys get paid to **** **** up, top effort.

38th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I wanted to switch back to the old version because it was easier to add filters/rules for my mails but that feature is all gone.

I wanted to switch back to the old version because it was easier to add filters/rules for my mails but that feature is all gone. You can't rightclick to add filters/rules so now both versions of Yahoo! mail are useless to me. Please bring back the rightclick to add filters and let us use split screen to read mails.

38th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Your new e mail sucks. I don't recall telling you I wanted to change it. Put it back to my original e mail. The one that worked.

Your new e mail sucks. I don't recall telling you I wanted to change it. Put it back to my original e mail. The one that worked. Why does everyone want to change what works for something that never works f ing up my entire morning and screwing up my work day. It worked fine, so don't f with it cause people always make it worse when they f with it and change stuff. Almost making it worthless now.l

40th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

New Mail Basic

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base