Fantasy Basketball

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Use the same IR+ rule you use in fantasy hockey

I have no idea how you guys decide on an INJ status. For example, Will Barton has already been out with a sprained ankle for a week and is not coming back anytime soon. He remains GTD. Other teams I am playing have players with sprained ankles with undetermined return dates yet they are INJ.

Why don't you use the IR+ rule that we have in fantasy hockey?

Players eligible for the IR+ roster spot will have the following injury designations:

Injured Reserve
    Day-to-Day
    Out
    The IR+ roster position is in addition to the current IR spot, which a player…

111th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with: Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Yahoo should be able to keep track of player salaries post auction drafts

Much to my surprise, I found out today that Yahoo doesn't keep track of player salaries post-draft. In an auction, you are given a budget to draft a team. Once that is done, you may be in a salary cap league (like myself) and can only bid on free agents using a FAAB budget up to a set amount. If the league can't keep track of the salaries, what good is it?

138th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. bring back smack talk

Did Yahoo! really get rid of Smack Talk?!!! I know it exists in the app for phones, but did they really take it away from leagues aside from that?

Way to kill all the league chatter.

138th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. No more setting lineups...

Just add 3 additional "UTIL" positions. There's not a lot of strategy for setting lineups because the NBA schedule is scattered enough that most nights you do not need to have an active player on the bench. This would get a lot more people into fantasy basketball because they would not have the complaint that they need to set their lineup every day. One could still bench a player if they wanted but if they wanted to have each of their players in an active slot, they could do that too.

501st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. trade review days

Trade review day should be shorten. When set to 1day, if a trade is made Thursday at 12pm, it will not get processed till Saturday morning. That's a full 24 hours plus another 12hrs. Thats 36hrs total.

The Trade should be processed the very next day, no matter what.

702nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add the ability where in head to head weekly leagues the commish is able to open up daily subs if they have to even if it is on weekly subs.

Add the ability where in head to head weekly leagues the commish is able to open up daily subs if they have to even if it is on weekly subs.

501st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. WNBA league

If you all start up a fantasy WNBA option, I'd be the first to sign up and play it!

334th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 5th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  27 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. PRE-SEASON STATS!!!

Is there any way you can add Pre-Season stats during the Pre-Season itself. It would help track players.

294th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Dynasty/Keeper Team Management Should be available year-round!

I would recommend that, under the Commissioner Tools, the League Management, the Team Management, and the Keeper Management remains available for ongoing Dynasty and Keeper operations.

This would allow for off-season trading and preparation for the upcoming seasons.

9th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. League for people who've won winners leagues. Like a Champions league

A league for winners of winners leagues would be awesome.

40th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. League Pick Em for basketball please?

Its fun in football, anyway to make it available in basketball leagues?

42nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Injured Reserve flaw needs immediate (before the season starts) attention!

I have multiple people on my team that are slated to miss extended time, including Michael Porter Jr. who your own updates say might miss the entire season, yet you have him listed as Out, so I can't put him on the IR. Seasons are often decided by great waiver pick ups, and I can't make a move without cutting a player (keeper league) even though I should be able to move my "obviously out for more than 7 days" (Yahoo definition of IR) player to the IR and make a waiver pick up before the hot players are all…

85th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Date Selection Arrows on 'My Team' page to move WEEKLY!

The drop-down date selection shows 7-days only, so in order to see the week after (next Monday), you must click random date first, then you are allowed to click next Monday. Can you make the arrows on both sides of the date to go to the next week instead of next day? Players on a weekly leagues would love it...

170th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. On the Stat Tracker, please let us choose what to view first between Game Info and Box Score.

On the Stat Tracker, it is frustrating that it ALWAYS shows the Game Info FIRST even if you were looking at Box Score before. Let's say you are on the Box Score page, and you want to see the matchups, then if you go back to the game, it ALWAYS shows the Game Info page, so that I have to click one more time. Please make it to stay which page I was on.

170th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. IR Spot

Players that are listed as O (out) should be eligible for an IR spot.

1. Yahoo is often late to change a player to injured
    2. The player is not playing so you should be able to pick up someone to take their place
    3. Once they become active you have to remove them from IR before making any additional moves
    4. Therefore it doesnt result in an extra roster spot or any competitive advantage

190th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 361st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. SG/SF and PF/C position options in custom leagues

I would like the option in leagues that I run to have SG/SF and PF/C slots. There is already a guard slot for PG/SG and a forward slot for SF/PF so why not make the other 2 possible? The NBA today has a lot of "wing players" and "bigs" which is basically players that play SG/SF and PF/C respectively. Adding these position slots would allow commissioners to make their league rosters more flexible which would reflect the nba game today.

158th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Westbrook Injured

Please update player's that are injured and out to the INJ status or make OUT's eligible for IL. Westbrook is clearly injured and hasn't even gone 5 on 5 in practice. You're putting owners at a major disadvantage.

361st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Show FG and FT volume in StatTracker

It only shows percentages right now, which doesn't tell you how much impact the FT% has

405th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base