Fantasy Basketball

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 5th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  26 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dynasty/Keeper Team Management Should be available year-round!

I would recommend that, under the Commissioner Tools, the League Management, the Team Management, and the Keeper Management remains available for ongoing Dynasty and Keeper operations.

This would allow for off-season trading and preparation for the upcoming seasons.

10th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Chat feature in StatTracker

Be able to chat with whoever else is online on StatTracker in your league.

31st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. IL+ like hockey's IR+?

In Yahoo! Fantasy Hockey, the IR+ roster spots cover any injury that'll force a player to miss time. Yahoo! Fantasy Basketball should have the same feature. I'd argue it's even more important for basketball due to the frequency of minor injuries and rest days. The flexibility would solve countless problems and create a more enjoyable experience for all users.

42nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  16 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Weekly start limit per team

With the vast unpredictability and imbalance in the NBA season schedule, the number of players a certain fantasy team has playing throughout the week can have a very significant impact on the outcome of that week. I think a weekly start limit option needs to be seriously considered. Similar to the weekly start limit for starting pitchers in fantasy baseball. If you set the limit at, let's say, 40 or 42 starts per week, this guarantees that each team will have the same number of players playing for the week, and benching one of their worst players once or twice…

41st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  16 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. League for people who've won winners leagues. Like a Champions league

A league for winners of winners leagues would be awesome.

47th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. League Pick Em for basketball please?

Its fun in football, anyway to make it available in basketball leagues?

50th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please add back the "games played" column under the "full standings" page. This is needed for points leagues with a games cap per position

Please add back the "games played" column under the "full standings" page. This is needed for points leagues with a games cap per position. For example, we use a points league (NBA and MLB) with max games per each position. When analyzing the standings, it is vital that we know exactly how many games the other managers have played. Thank you! This option was present for as long as I can remember, but it disappeared with the new BETA version of the Full Standings page.

57th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please list the Players by their full first names and not their first name initial....

I have been downloading your data onto a spreadsheet for years.....I have it all sorted by name....now I have to sort it differently for the first time and it is causing me great concern!....

62nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  14 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please make it possible to delete message board posts from archived private leagues

As commissioner, I should be able to delete message board posts from historical (archived) private leagues. I currently have a few historical leagues that can be searched via Google, but i dont want those posts to be seen. Either allow me to delete those posts, or allow me to make those leagues "private". Thanks

81st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Matchup Totals - Should be able to see FG and FT Totals not just %

There should an ability for users to see team totals for FGs/FG Attempts and FTs/FT attempts.

86th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Injured Reserve flaw needs immediate (before the season starts) attention!

I have multiple people on my team that are slated to miss extended time, including Michael Porter Jr. who your own updates say might miss the entire season, yet you have him listed as Out, so I can't put him on the IR. Seasons are often decided by great waiver pick ups, and I can't make a move without cutting a player (keeper league) even though I should be able to move my "obviously out for more than 7 days" (Yahoo definition of IR) player to the IR and make a waiver pick up before the hot players are all…

93rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Players listed as "out" should be eligible for the IL

I got crushed last week because I had three guys who missed multiple games (one as many as 4 games - Elfrid Payton), and remained listed as "out," therefore I couldn't place them on the IL. These guys are too good to drop for the extra roster spot, and I predictably ended up losing in every counting stat (I attempted more than 100 fewer FGs than my opponent).

I'm assuming Yahoo doesn't allow "out" players to be placed on the IL because the NBA doesn't allow it, but fantasy =/= real life and there are different challenges. If this were…

96th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Remove any mentions of "sell high", "buy low", etc. in player bios.

Remove any mentions of "sell high", "buy low", etc. in player bios. Let the user play the game and make decisions on their own based on the stats and trends. If you label a guy as "sell high" or "buy low" then the player values are immediately lowered or raised, respectively.

96th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Comparing Free Agents

There should be a more extensive tool to compare free agent pickups instead of just sorting by stat under the 'Players' section of the page. There should be a method to evaluate and compare players that you have chosen. For example, if I am trying to decide between Trey Burke, Gary Neal and Raymond Felton, I should be able to select all of their names, click submit and just their stats would show on the page. I can then choose average stats, total, past 2 weeks past 30 days etc. as I normally would. Something like how the trade evaluation…

89th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Export to Excel

You should be able to export player statistics to excel. That way we can do extra analysis on our teams.

129th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. More realistic 30 teams league

Hi! As we are passionate Yahoo Fantasy Basketball players for years, we want to play the game as realistic as possible. So, we kindly request you to check your possibilities to let us play in 30-team leagues. Currently, it is only allowed to play in max 20 team leagues.

By enabling this feature, we, as 30 different players will be able to get our team names from NBA and manage our teams like NBA franchises with similar roster size.

As this season has started our request is for the following seasons. We believe that you can easily set mentioned feature…

109th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Elfrid Payton should be tagged as injured

Elfrid Payton has missed a game and a half due to injury and is apparently headed for many more missed games. Via rotoworld: "Elfrid Payton (hamstring) had a mild to moderate strain and could miss several games."

107th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please fix players CURRENT rankings ! MAJOR PROBLEM

Players current rankings in both my hockey and basketball pool are set to the Pre-Season rankings. This is fine for THIS year since the season hasn't started, but if I select previous years, wether it is for Total stats or average stats, the current rankings doesn't change. That is a major problem. We should be able to see previous years' rankings (as it has always been).

For example, we can't find out which player was ranked #1 last year, we can only know what Yahoo thinks should be the #1 THIS year ..The application allows us to select previous years…

125th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Seb, thanks for reporting this. I escalated it to engineering and they will put a solution in place shortly. Good luck this season!

Yahoo Product Support

20. Use the same IR+ rule you use in fantasy hockey

I have no idea how you guys decide on an INJ status. For example, Will Barton has already been out with a sprained ankle for a week and is not coming back anytime soon. He remains GTD. Other teams I am playing have players with sprained ankles with undetermined return dates yet they are INJ.

Why don't you use the IR+ rule that we have in fantasy hockey?

Players eligible for the IR+ roster spot will have the following injury designations:

Injured Reserve
    Day-to-Day
    Out
    The IR+ roster position is in addition to the current IR spot, which a player…

120th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base