Fantasy Basketball

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we make Fantasy Basketball better?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. GameChannel sorting issues

Am i literally the ONLY person that uses the GameChannel portion of StatTracker? I've found it to be the best interface available to check box scores of live/completed games of the day for years, but all of a sudden, none of the sorting works. The games used to be sorted by gametime, but that hasn't worked at all for months, and within the game, players are normally sorted by starters and then minutes played, but that doesn't seem to work half the time now either. It seems like this would be a simple problem to fix, so when it first…

81st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please add "Depth Chart" selection to drop down menus

As you have with your Yahoo! baseball and football fantasy leagues, why doesn't Yahoo! have a "Depth Chart" menu list for NBA Fantasy? This would be very helpful in determining starting vs bench players on NBA teams.

133rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 133rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 133rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. While many managers might disagree, I think the Yahoo Playoffs should have the option to start their Playoffs on the 18th, the 19th or the 2

While many managers might disagree, I think the Yahoo Playoffs should have the option to start their Playoffs on the 18th, the 19th or the 20th week. That way we can have greater assurance that our best players will be available to play in our Playoffs.

133rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Trade notes should be featured more prominently.

When proposing a trade, the notes are often missed since they are in a tiny font and in an obscure location. Most of the time the notes are more important than the actual trade offer. The first thing the recipient should see are the proposer's notes, followed by the players involved.

70th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow custom can't cut lists as an option.

Allow leagues to make a custom can't cut list. This would help with keeper leagues.

95th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Can't Cut List  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. new playoff tiebreaker for head to head leagues

I think that it would be nice if there was an option where you can set the tiebreaker to whoever has the best roto score on the overall stats on the season. This way the player with the best season has the advantage. The best seed in a head to head league is not always the best team, he could have had luck with the schedule and faced another team when they had less players playing etc. The same can be said with the record versus your opponent, he could have just had some luck with the schedule.

So the…

133rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Tiebreakers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Pickups that could of been made

For H2H weekly matchups at the end of the week make a "pick ups that would of helped" area to show us pick ups we could of made during the week that would of helped us win the last weeks matchup (if we lost). Might be difficult but would be very interesting to see.

95th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Player Shut Downs

Something needs to be done regarding player shut downs at the end of the season. I understand that managers should be wary of tanking teams shutting down their players, but teams can go start the season in the playoff hunt and end up tanking by mid-season. Come playoff time, it's very easy to get stuck with first or second round picks who are being shut down for no apparent reason. There's probably no easy fix, but this is a big issue and has been one for years.

59th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please create a START ACTIVE PLAYER for the WHOLE SEASON function!

start active player for the whole season 1 click set for the whole season button! have to daily set is annoying

133rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Lottery feature.

A lot of private fantasy league has a feature of having a lottery to determine the draft order for the next season for non play-off teams. Presently you have to go to another website to accomplish just that like for example draftpicklotery.com . Has Yahoo ever considered to include such a feature in its otherwise excellent Yahho fantasy basketball suite, it would really be very useful to a lot of us commissioners ?

95th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. In Fantasy Basketball, when filtering the player list by average, you should be able to set a MINIMUM NUMBER OF GAMES PLAYED

When I am looking to add players, I often sort by Last 30 Days (Avg), or even sometimes Last 14 Days (Avg). Then I sort by the category I'm going for (i.e., Assists, Blocks, 3pts, etc.).

But often times you end up with guys who have only played 1 or 2 games during that stretch, like Kyle Lowry right now (March 16, 2017) is in the top available players in many categories, despite not having played since February 15, 2017.

Lowry is an easy one to ignore because everyone know's he's injured or he wouldn't be available (same with Durant,…

95th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Giannis Antetokounmpo

How in the world does Giannis Antetokounmpo have PG/SG/SF/PF eligibility when Lebron James does not? Lebron invented the positionless player. There is not one set that the Bucks run where Giannis is lined up as a SG. Brogdon or Middleton are the SGs. Furthermore, if Giannis has SG eligibility, why doesn't Dwayne Wade have SF eligibility? Fantasy championships are on the line and you are hurting most managers by giving Giannis this absolutely ridiculous position eligibility. PLEASE BE CONSISTENT!!!

95th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Position Eligibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Would like to see more medals to earn

Would like to see more medals to earn Compared to other fantasy leagues you promote.

ideas:

Winning 5 weeks in a row, etc.
    Top "category" player of the month/year

if I think of more i'll come back and post more.

133rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Combined year-round leagues. Owners manage a team in each sport. (Base then Basketball)

Sports that are joined by Leagues. A whole year-round experience that a group of people can run a basketball team, then baseball team, then back to basketball, etc.
    This helps get people who play only one or two fantasy sports more involved with other venues.

95th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Remove INJ when Player is active on the roster not when announced that could play

Jose Juan Barea (Mavs) INJ was removed today but he has been out IL for weeks. The player told the press that he will play on Friday and the INJ was removed right away today, Wednesday, when the next game is Friday. Sometimes a player believes he is going to play and ends up not playing because the teams holds him for one or multiple games more. Why take the INJ right away and not when he is active on the roster?

95th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Adding players at week's end

Played the top team in my league this week and had to try and pull out all the stops, so I used all 4 of my Adds in a week for the first time...but then today went to Add a guy with a game tomorrow (Monday), who won't post until then, and it told me I couldn't do it bc I'd used them all. My point is that if a player doesn't actually Add to the roster until the next week, then he should count as an Add for that week he appears on the roster.

133rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When searching to add a player in basketball, it only shows rank %owned and adds. It used to show their actual stats, bring that back.

When searching for a player to add in basketball it only show rank, %owned and adds. It used to show a players actual stats. When searching to add a new player, I need to know and compare specific categories, I don't care what his amount of adds are. You NEED TO CHANGE THIS BACK!!! The new way does not help at all.

95th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 95th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Position Eligibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base