Yahoo Mail Android App

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues

For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously. Our Guidelines have more on how you can give great feedback.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. New phone and can't sign in

Recently received a new phone number. Now I can't access my email through my password or recovery email. It keeps trying to send a text to my old number. Is there a way I can get into my account with my passowrd?

60th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Yahoo needs improved support

If months of emails are going to disappear, multiple times or accounts are going to be empty, customers should have an avenue for swift resolution. People run businesses, ptos, personal finances, life from these accounts. Days with missing content is unacceptable.

91st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Bring back the "blocked senders" list.

Bring back the BLOCK SENDER opition ! PLEASE ! So much easier to block a domain name or person . And NOT get ANY emails from a domain or person .
    No matter if you send a piece of unwanted mail to the spam folder, you still get mail from that domain . Somehow that **** gets in my inbox .

60th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. No method is provided to Empty Trash. Each message must be cleared individually. CUMBERSOME!

Trash should be emptied automatically at intervals. Or a manual command should be available to empty trash.

73rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Exchange server implementation is required

Exchange server implementation is required

60th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 73rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. this secured key account is not helpful 1st i cannot log in the old way just username and password only period easiest way

why not bring it back to the old way of logging in or at least put an option to sent verification through phone. this is not helpful

53rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When I finish reading an email and press the delete button I would like to be able to go back to my inbox rather than the next email.

When I finish reading an email and press delete I would like to be able to go back to the inbox instead of the next email. Maybe this feature is already available but I cannot find it. Thanks.

53rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. A phone number.

A telephone number that is answered by a human being that can answer and fix the problem is more productive than a community help form. Really? The source should know better than John Q. Public. Unless Yahoo advocates Masochistic Tendencies and want more victims.

91st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Organize mail alphabetically

Why can't you re-arrange the mail alphabetically? It would make deletions and filing so much easier!

60th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Why can't I do a search on this Yahoo app?

No search capability. Why not?

60th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I would like to be able to change the font size and color of my email on my phone.

Well just give the option to change the font size and color with the mobile apps

60th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 36th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Filtered Notifications

I only want to receive notifications on my phone if the email is important. Right now, I either receive no notifications, or all notifications. There should be a way to use filters to only have push notifications for certain emails or only receive notifications for certain folders.

53rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Why sent mails cannot be moved to folder via mobile app...it can be done via browser...but then sent emails cannot be seen in the folder..

Why sent mails cannot be moved to folder via mobile app...it can be done via browser...but then sent emails cannot be seen in the folder via app...awaiting a reply...

48th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Why isn't there a header-bar with the basic symbols to customize your email messages? I.e. Bold, Italics, Font size, etc? I don't get it.

Please install the basic, email writing settings for the Yahoo/Android/Mobile/Mail app. This would have a header of symbols to customize your message. For example, ability to Bold, Italicize, Underline, Font size, Font Type, Font color, adding bullets, numerals, etc. I don't use the Yahoo app, as it is now, for this reason. I use it to read mail, but not write mail. This means I have to go to my phone's general email box (set to Yahoo), to write a reply message. Or start a message and send. I often think about removing the Yahoo app, all together. I haven't…

91st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Your unannounced upgrade to the Yahoo Mail Android App is not user friendly! I cannot find a way to forward an e-mail to another address!

Please post instructions on how to forward an e-mail to another address, or to reply to the sender of an e-mail, using the new Android app. I cannot find a way to do this in the new app. When you make radical changes like this, you should send out advance notice AND instructions on how to use the new app!

60th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Sucks!!!

I'm been use this Yahoo Mail apps since long time ago. It's was a very user friendly and nice apps to use. But after update the new version. Its take a huge memory of my phone!!!!! & heavy battery used once using it!!!!! Im using samsung galaxy S4. Please settle it before I uninstall the apps.. Tq.

108th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. emails with attachments

Can't forward emails with attachments. Going into outbox then get a red "!" next to them unable to send???
    Also hate the new garish kids colouring book look!

48th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Terrible update. USER needs to be able to do a lot more customization to live with this version.

This new version should allow Users to customize so they can do everything they did with past version. New version should include NEW features but not forego features that worked in old version and that Users used. For example, how do I increase text size so I can easily read my emails? Help section doesn't address this. The avitar is larger than the text! Can we change the avitar so my 3 friends with names beginning with "C" don't all show the same avitar? This version is no faster than old version so I don't get how it is better…

60th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Yahoo Mail Android App

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base