Yahoo Homepage

Welcome to our Yahoo Homepage feedback forum!

If you would be interested in participating in User Research studies for Yahoo Homepage, please fill out this form.

This is a place for you to help shape the Yahoo Homepage experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Homepage.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our community support forum or find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Hi, please share your suggestions, we are listening

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 130th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I never want to see a story about Kathy Griffin again

I never want to see a story about Kathy Griffin again

150th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Editorial Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. get rid of sponsered articles

You have a lot of good articles but because they are "sponsored" articles they are nothing more that time consuming click bait and switch which by the second click I have lost all interest.

110th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Editorial Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. How about NOT labeling Editorials and Letters to the Editor as "politics" and instead label them as OPINIONS

Stop labeling Op-Ed pieces and Letters to the Editor as "politics" and label them as Opinion

76th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Editorial Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. stop illegal bait and switch ads.

https://afternoondelightfulness.com/stallone from https://screenshots.firefox.com/11GJ7Zvnu3Wx655M/www.yahoo.com. Do you think Stallone won't sue? Do you think the FCC would help get this stopped? Don't tell me you have ads to keep yahoo free. If I submit, per your request, that the ads offend me then do as you promise and remove them from my profile. Pretending to care does not cut it. Do what you've said, remove these illegal ads and do better.

76th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Ads Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Edit and consider racist and hate filed articles and content.

Yahoo, where are your editorial standards and ethics. Headlines like This one: "The Hour of Angry White Male Rage Is Far From Leaving Our Politics" https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/hour-angry-white-male-rage-013000631.html
    Articles like this are dangerous and propagate hate, racism, and sexism. Please does something about this. We would never see articles like this about other races or sexes or ethic groups.

145th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Editorial Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. STOP with the spam maleware links and the ******* click baite

I getting sick and tired of these malware filled clickbaite links, and the constant popups to make your shittty site my homepage.

124th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Ads Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. black background

Please black background switch as a permanent feature and not as a Halloween gimmick.

184th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  My Yahoo  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Monitor and Remove Comments!

It is high time you all at Yahoo, monitor the comment sections. It is absolutely appalling the amount of hateful speech that is allowed on your threads. If it were a few comments, I could understand, but I would guess at least 70% of comments show EXTREME and BLATANT biases on race, gender issues, political affiliations, etc.
    And it is NOT ENOUGH for you to suggest to users to report the incidents themselves or ignore or block such comments. It is your responsibility to allow diversity of opinions and free speech, while unapologetically banning any kind of hate speech.
    The…

137th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Editorial Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Your website has NO ORGANIZATION! Why don't you categorize your context like every other website?

Go back to categories so I don't have to see headlines for the Kardashians on every other story!

162nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please for the love of God, stop spoiling TV/Movies!

The story at the head of my news feed was about Rick Grimes leaving the walking dead. It aired about 8 hours ago and I have not had a chance to watch it yet!

246th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. please stop chrissy tiegan from getting into my news feed

I have no idea why she is famous, and why I should care about anything she does. and i don't care to have any of that explained to me. Please stop stories about her!

178th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Why can't Yahoo remember the city that I am in?

Why can't Yahoo remember the city that I am in. It always brings up the weather and directions for a different city. Even when I change it to the correct city, next time I log in, it thinks I am in a different city. Yahoo is going down hill fast.

184th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  My Yahoo  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I want to have the sports stories that constantly show up on my pages to go away. I used to be able to click on a yes/no option

I want to have the sports stories that constantly show up on my pages to go away. I used to be able to click on a yes/no option, but that option has disappeared. I do not care about sports stories. I want to remove them from my news pages.

142nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. GET RID OF THAT GIANT BANNER.

Good lord! Why the **** do you have to have such a huge banner on your website? It takes up a lot of room! Squeeze it down to something less over powering. Good god people....why do you always have to ***** things up?

148th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 246th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Nude Ads

When I suggested over 100 times that an advertisement is offensive it continuously shows up and now actually features a slideshow.

208th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Ads Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 136th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. What the neck with news story that just tease then want you to pay to subscribe. Quit post them or do they pay you to put them there

Quit peddling news paper subscription , if it is not a full news article that can be read with out subscribing & paying quit posting it . Your browser is starting to suck . There are others sites we can use & read to get news . How big are your lick backs from Miami & the Boston Globe ? Enough

114th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Editorial Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. NSFW Filter on newsfeed and ads

Can we get a filter so that certain times of the day, ads/commercials and articles that have scantily clad folks (this affects/applies to both genders) and certain racy topics won't show up?

This way, those of us who are at work, don't have to run the risk of running into them?

194th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base