New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve New Mail?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I want the old format back.

I want the old format back. Too much bother with this one.

9th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  463 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Annoying ad. blocker pop-up.

Just get rid of the annoying pop-up wanting me to pay you for blocking ads! It interferes with almost every email I attempt.
    If this persists, I shall be leaving TalkTalk. It is ruining an otherwise great service.
    Has it not occured to you that most of us who don't want ads. already have a service to stop them which, by the way, are cheaper than the service you offer!

75th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  52 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. More options when writing emails.

It would be great to see more options when writing mail, with regards to font. Actual size (in pts.), underline, etc. Also a few more options in formatting, possibly columns with adjustable width and justification.

Also, and this is probably something I'm missing, but how do I create and save a signature?

46th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  16 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. change font size

When I change font size for a response to an email, the change does not last for next response to another email. How do you make permanent change to font and font size?

508th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Turn off, "Automatically generate a preview of links"

The "Automatically generate a preview of links" option is turned off in "Settings", "Writing email". However a a preview picture is is being generated anyway. The picture can not be deleted. Grrrrr.

553rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please make it possible to send old-fashioned plain text email without fighting for it every step of the way!

(This forum tells me to vote for an old idea instead of posting my own, but all of the ones I want to vote for are closed for comments and therefore unvoteable. Therefore, here goes another duplicate.)

Since copy and paste is disabled in plain text mode for some supremely asinine reason, composing a plain text email in Yahoo is an exercise in frustration. The only thing worse is composing a non-plain-text email, where it constantly re-interprets what you're trying to do, moving the cursor willy-nilly to the end of the line, inserting graphics that it refuses to then remove,…

483rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Email send button

Please move send button to the top of the screen.

392nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. The New Yahoo email is not efficient in attaching files. I personally tried attaching PDF file but it took a lot of time

Yahoo should work on solving the file attachment.
    The previous version was much more efficient than the current one.

47th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  34 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. WHY CAN'T I PREVIEW ATTACHMENTS BEFORE SENDING?? HATE THIS FORMAT. BRING BACK OLD

WHY CAN'T I PREVIEW ATTACHMENTS BEFORE SENDING?? HATE THIS FORMAT.

585th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. attachments

When forwarding emails with multiple attachments, I get an error saying that "we encountered a problem and cannot send," or something to that effect. Saved as a draft and then resent and it goes out immediately.

Also, composing emails with multiple .zip files never finishing uploading. You just continue to see the spinning widget over the file. Prior version with progress bar was much better.

Finally, when receiving an email with multiple attachments you could click the "download all attachments as zip file" link. Now when i click it, nothing happens.

Lots of little bugs in this new version. After…

168th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Signature

In some emails that I send I need to include a signature, business use. In some I don't want a signature, personal use. It would be helpful to have a icon along with the other icons below message window that would add the signature as needed. This is preferable to having to go into the settings and change the signature to "on" before writing the email then changing it back to "no signature" once the email has been sent.

608th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I am seemingly no longer able to attach pics from previous emails

I am seemingly no longer able to attach pics from previous emails

637th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. An ad on the bottom of my inbox is covering up the "send" button, so I can't send my emails.

An ad at the bottom of my page is covering up the SEND button

519th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Please provide a type size BETWEEN "medium" and "large" ...

My type size is set to medium, but LARGE would be better for many of my correspondents. However LARGE is so big that it would annoy some of the correspondents in my "lists." PLEASE PROVIDE a "medium-large" type size, useful for older folks whose eyesight is not as acute as it once was. Thanks so much!

564th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Uh...Doh!

Please DISABLE the annoying prompt trying to get me to use idiotic emoji's as opposed to the words I'm writing when I'm composing an email! How friggin'...ANNOYING!! Lame.

95th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add option to automatically add cc and bcc fields when composing an email

I would like for there to be an option that would automatically add the cc/bcc fields when I compose or reply to an email. Right now I have to click the cc/bcc button every time I need to add a recipient. The old email had an option to show the cc/bcc each time an email was composed or replied to.

637th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. New mail.doc attachments that used to open with the old mail now do not open at all.

With the new mail, .doc attachments that used to open with the old mail now do not open at all. That's really New, but entirely useless. Can I have the old mail back, please. It wasn't broken.

637th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Improve formatting for email fonts and clip art- yahoo please update the formatting tools for email composition

Improve formatting for email fonts and clip art- yahoo please update the formatting tools for email composition.

687th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Auto generated card blocks where one begins to type an email

The auto business card blocks the area of the page one writes a letter from. It is all very nice of you to keep finding ways to shove more info upon us at any one time but not necessary. If i need further contact info whilst half way through trying to see what i am trying to write to said contact, i know where to find their details.

This is not an 'idea' as you so positively spin your short comings, nor am i interested in "reaching out" to you either How patronizing, after all it's you who are reaching…

528th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It adds a separate blank line when composing a message.

When pressing enter to start a sentence on a new line it adds a separate blank line.This appears to be a formatting problem.

131st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

New Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base