New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve New Mail?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I want the old format back.

I want the old format back. Too much bother with this one.

12th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  427 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Annoying ad. blocker pop-up.

Just get rid of the annoying pop-up wanting me to pay you for blocking ads! It interferes with almost every email I attempt.
    If this persists, I shall be leaving TalkTalk. It is ruining an otherwise great service.
    Has it not occured to you that most of us who don't want ads. already have a service to stop them which, by the way, are cheaper than the service you offer!

78th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  52 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. More options when writing emails.

It would be great to see more options when writing mail, with regards to font. Actual size (in pts.), underline, etc. Also a few more options in formatting, possibly columns with adjustable width and justification.

Also, and this is probably something I'm missing, but how do I create and save a signature?

46th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  15 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The New Yahoo email is not efficient in attaching files. I personally tried attaching PDF file but it took a lot of time

Yahoo should work on solving the file attachment.
    The previous version was much more efficient than the current one.

47th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  33 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. attachments

When forwarding emails with multiple attachments, I get an error saying that "we encountered a problem and cannot send," or something to that effect. Saved as a draft and then resent and it goes out immediately.

Also, composing emails with multiple .zip files never finishing uploading. You just continue to see the spinning widget over the file. Prior version with progress bar was much better.

Finally, when receiving an email with multiple attachments you could click the "download all attachments as zip file" link. Now when i click it, nothing happens.

Lots of little bugs in this new version. After…

167th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Uh...Doh!

Please DISABLE the annoying prompt trying to get me to use idiotic emoji's as opposed to the words I'm writing when I'm composing an email! How friggin'...ANNOYING!! Lame.

96th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. It adds a separate blank line when composing a message.

When pressing enter to start a sentence on a new line it adds a separate blank line.This appears to be a formatting problem.

128th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Typing Disappears

When I type the names of the people I want to send a message, the letters disappear. If after several tries I get the name typed in, then there is a delay in the software suggesting names and email addresses.

197th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  12 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. An ad on the bottom of my inbox is covering up the "send" button, so I can't send my emails.

An ad at the bottom of my page is covering up the SEND button

499th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please provide a type size BETWEEN "medium" and "large" ...

My type size is set to medium, but LARGE would be better for many of my correspondents. However LARGE is so big that it would annoy some of the correspondents in my "lists." PLEASE PROVIDE a "medium-large" type size, useful for older folks whose eyesight is not as acute as it once was. Thanks so much!

547th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please make it possible to send old-fashioned plain text email without fighting for it every step of the way!

(This forum tells me to vote for an old idea instead of posting my own, but all of the ones I want to vote for are closed for comments and therefore unvoteable. Therefore, here goes another duplicate.)

Since copy and paste is disabled in plain text mode for some supremely asinine reason, composing a plain text email in Yahoo is an exercise in frustration. The only thing worse is composing a non-plain-text email, where it constantly re-interprets what you're trying to do, moving the cursor willy-nilly to the end of the line, inserting graphics that it refuses to then remove,…

547th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I cannot receive any emails. I even tried sending to myself still not received. Whats happening?

I cannot receive any emails. I even tried sending to myself still not received. Whats happening?

521st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 547th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make 'Compose' less frustrating by being more responsive

Make the 'Sent' popup disappear after a few seconds because currently it hangs around for 1 to 2 minutes & I have no confidence that my email has been sent. Especially since it does not appear in the 'Sent' folder for another few minutes.

And at the same time, give the input boxes priority over playing Ads. I can't count the number of times I've lost half of what I've typed. It's so frustrating that I'm seriously thinking of finding another mail client.

Many thanks.

320th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. get rid of bcc and cc when they arent being used. very little SPACE is left for the message -- to READ it ---

get rid of bcc and cc when they arent being used. very little SPACE is left for the message - to READ it ) and WHY did you move Calenadr to the RIT ? I guess You figure We like new Surprises ' There's a saying ' if It aint Broke don't FIX (? ) it ??

154th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Cc vs. Bcc

When sending to multiple addresses in Cc, it would be nice to have a setting to give warning that message is going to multiple recipients, each of which can see other recipient addresses. From time to time, while meaning to send Bcc to protect email address of other recipients from "reply all" or forwarding, I accidentally put the addresses in the Cc field. Either a setting to warn would be helpful or a setting to turn off Cc. Thanks for considering this.

521st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing this. We think this is a really great idea and we have passed it to our Engineering team for review.

Thanks for sharing it and please keep these bright ideas coming,
    Mail Support

17. After clicking on the send button to send an email, it shows the previous email in my inbox and everything is highlighted.

After I compose or reply to an email and hit SEND, the last email I viewed shows up on the webpage and the whole thing is HIGHLIGHTED/SELECTED. I have to click in an open space in order to UNSELECT everything that's highlighted. I know it's not supposed to do that.

327th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. common sense

Improve mail by returning to old setup: when you could see entire mail at a glance!! Who wants this nonsense???
    YAHOO I and billions more say return to old format. but you do not listen😫🤣😢

582nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. as I type my email,the text gets placed above the first line, such that the reader would have to read from the bottom up.

fix mail so that the reader does not have to read my emails from the bottom up!

305th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. add feature to email

I want to change the setting on my email so when i sent an email out i can get a reply back saying email received and open 

648th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

New Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base