New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improve login procedure

Simplify your abhorrent, inexcuseable,irritating,time wasting, redundant,infuriating sign in procedure.
    Every **** time I sign in, I have to verify with a text to my phone with the other 2 options being sent an email to the very email address I currently am trying to access. It's a Catch-22 procedure that's intentionally infuriating for whatever reason Yahoo has in mind. It needs to be fixed. It's exactly the reason I use Gmail exclusively.
    Your email service is awful and driving people away from Yahoo. If that's the idea behind your sign in procedure, it's working. I no longer need Yahoo Mail…

41st ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix the search function

Search function not working AGAIN. Right now it only returns errors and says "retry" - which doesn't work. This is an old issue that periodically reoccurs. PLEASE FIX THIS!

66th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support

Support should be free for free users. We're hit by advertisements, therefore you're already paid.

Support should be easy to find, easy to use, and should have trained staff with their own support network to quickly resolve issues users can't resolve on their own. If I spent an hour following your "guides" and still can't resolve my issue than something is wrong with your systems created to support users.

22nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Scrolling is absolutely horrible now what happened to yahoo?

What did you change its horrible to view now

128th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. SPAM

SICK OF IT! Cannot block spam sender emails. It seems like there is a limit on the number of blocked email addresses. I get 50-60 spam emails a day and want to block them all (I know, they just change addresses) but stop limiting my ability to block!

66th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. How to keep Message Preview Screen as well as Message Screen permanently wider by vertically placing side buttons Just below Setting Button

How to keep Message Preview Screen as well as Message Screen permanently wider by vertically placing side buttons Just below Setting Button

How can I keep the Message Preview Screen as well as Message Screen permanently wider by vertically placing the side buttens relating to Contacts, Calendar, Notepad and Help just below the upper right hand Setting button, instead of every time dragging the side bar to the right side after a few seconds when its goes back resulting to narrowing the viewing screen ?

128th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. no ads pls

i am here to use the mail not here to see the ads.

128th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Improve sort function

This is an old issue. You keep closing people's suggestions without actually DOING anything.

a) allow sorting A-Z AND Z-A
    b) allow users to save sorting preferences

Thank you.

128th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 2 factor authentication

I used to login to my mail on my desktop then use my phone to authenticate. Now I'm forced to turn on notifications on my phone when I shouldn't have to. Now I get notifications on emails I'm getting that I don't care about. You should put it back the way it used to be without turning on notifications or give us the choice and not forced on us.

128th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. imap

Yahoo mail is SO SLOWWW to receive emails. It's unusable (not that this is a change - not providing free Pop3 / IMAP access already made it that way). I get that you want to sell your premium email, but you're so far behind the times...

128th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. not receiving emails in time before verification codes expire

Other emails don't seem to be delayed, and I can send an email to myself with no errors. However when I try to receive a verification code to log into third party accounts, the email does not come in time before the code expires (i.e. if the code expires within 30 minutes, I do not get the email for about 4 hours). I have no filters in place and have checked my spam. Not sure what else to do to make sure I get my login codes in a timely manner.

128th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. welllll--for a while with no ads===no problems with mail. today, as soon as ads showed up==slow mail, feerezing mail site. disconnects from

STOP THE ADS!!!!!! freezes mail. disconnects from internet. poor performance. no ads==no problems.

66th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. immediate picture download with all emails

why won't the pictures associated with the emails download?

128th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Spam filter adjusted to allow some spam through in order to sell yahoo!plus

Stop allowing spam into my inbox in an attempt to force me to use your paid mail service. As a long time user of Yahoo Mail, I have a problem with this attempt on your part to allow spam into my inbox. I have remained loyal to Yahoo for longer than I care to remember, but that may be about to change with the changes that are happening with my mail account. Being retired and dependent on SS I cannot afford a paid mail service. Please allow you spam filter to work like it already was.

128th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. you moved delete, put it back where it was

quit changing stuff just to be changing. put delete back where it was.

128th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. LEAVE PEOPLE'S EMAILS ALONE

My feedback is that you suck! I am finding out now that you people are deleting emails without consent or knowledge!! You suck! I'm ******!

41st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow multiple tabs of emails to be open at once.

Yahoo is one of the only email providers that does not have this feature. It makes using Yahoo more difficult because I have to open a whole new browser tab to have two or more emails open at once. Very unaccommodating.

128th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. You can start by caring about the security!

There is No way to report phishing! Yahoo Does Not Care about the security of its users. So Yahoo is effectively aiding and abetting phishing scams.

128th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Thank you so much Yahoo for such a beautiful experience!

I just want to express my profound gratitude for your mail service. I have slow internet and i absolutely love waiting 2-3 hours every time i want to send just 1 email with attachments. You prioritize making me download and display your fancy animated ads before i'm able to send 1 email

I really enjoy the 3 hour wait as i'm just so excited to see what the new 10 fancy animated ads will look like before i'm able to do anything, like send 1 email

I have a tear in my eye, emotionally moved that you prioritize your ads…

128th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Facilitate sign-in

STOP WITH THE STUPID PICTURE VERIFICATIONS!

41st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base