New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Yahoo is no good, period. Worthless, viral infected site. Spend 20 minutes composing message, then suddenly vanishes. Yahoo Co. is corrupt.

Totally wasted, infected site. I compose a message for 20 minutes, and message is erased; it vanishes! I have no trust in Yahoo, as I have never and will never have trust in this 7th grade educated, 100% viral infected site. Yahoo is NEVER TO BE TRUSTED. Do not use Yahoo for nothing, as they are a nothing site. What a pathetic waste of time. DO NOT EVER TRUST YAHOO, FOR IF YOU DO, THEY WILL DISSAPOINT YOU EVERYTIME. What a wasted, busted, ripoff company. You are no good to anyone; just another crooked, scam ripoff company. Nothing good about…

30th ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Why did you get rid of "Compose" in the older version? You forced me to upgrade to this horribly rendered UI. Stop messing around

Why did you get rid of "Compose" in the older version of YMail? You forced me to upgrade to this horribly rendered UI. Stop messing around

30th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. separate window

unable to open a mail such as a composing mail or inbox mail into a separate window it is available in gmail.

47th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. No “UNDO” function

The UNDO function is NOT AVAILABLE on the Yahoo Mail app and I LOST A VERY IMPORTANT DRAFT!!
    This feature would be extremely valuable to me and it would GREATLY IMPROVE the application, if it would be added to its features in future versions.

35th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Composing responses

I hate this new format. It is very difficult to use when on a laptop or smaller screen. Go back to the old format please.

85th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. The version of email is just awful too confusing

bring back the old just completely hate the new email it is just TOO much and so very confusing

85th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. attach file from computer does not work - fix it

fix the button that is supposed to allow me to attach a file from my computer. it does not work at all.

85th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. why does my name appear on my written emails? There is no way to change it in Mailboxes. There is no "your name" section oferred.

When writing outgoing emails there is no way to change the name that appears on my outgoing emails. At the top of an outgoing email my name appears there next to the email address that I am writing from.I changed the name in my profile settings to the more anonymous name that I am prepared to use for this particular email account's purpose. However after that step this email account still shows my real name! I checked the forum and one of Yahoo Product Support responses was to go to Mailboxes within Settings, and edit the "Your Name" section but…

85th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. typing and backspacing is a nightmare they both take a long time

When typing one has to wait a long time for the characters to show up.
    In backspacing, one has to wait a long time to take effect. Need to get with the times.

85th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. to & cc

When reply or reply all, the senders and recipients auto populated in TO and CC cannot be removed.

The remove "x" button is there but clicking does not do anything.

If you add new recipients, those can be removed by clicking "x"
    Something is wrong with the auto populated To and CC

when move from CC to TO or vice versa it shows duplicate

resolve this issue on urgent

85th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Line breaks in body when using https://compose.mail.yahoo.com

How do you include line breaks in the body of an email when calling the endpoint https://compose.mail.yahoo.com/?subj=&to=&body=

Yahoo seems to strip every thing out of the body.

85th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Do not let Delete key delete entire emails.

At some point, while deleting characters in an email, the entire email will be deleted along with the entire thread and it won't be in DRAFT or in the TRASH.

Please do not let the DELETE key delete any emails.
    If any emails are DELETEd, they must go in the TRASH and not immediately disappear forever.
    If anyone actually wants this feature, please put it in the Settings menu so that it can be toggled. I hate this feature.

thx

85th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Issue / Pasting Text Overwrites Text Above

In some cases, pasting text at the cursor overwrites previous lines of text above. The user might not notice. Only avoided, if the cursor is placed after an empty row. Mac Catalina / Firefox. Maybe the same issue with all other browsers. This should never happen editing text. Please resolve the issue with the appropriate third parties.

85th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. add "forward email as an attachement" option so suspicious emails cen be investigated better..

Many companies ask you to forward a suspicious email as an attachment, so they can investigate it easier.
    Please can this be added?

Thanks in advance.

85th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. First letter capitalize in sentences

How in the world do you not have the first letter capitalize in sentences yet? What the heck year are you in? Can't believe I even have to write this.

85th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. send-only email signature

I would like to add the ability to create a signature for the other email I added to my mailbox as a send-only email. I have a business that I want to run within my yahoo email and would like to include contact information in the signature from the send-out email address.

85th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please allow users to add personal stationery

There are ready-made templets available for stationery. But can you make it possible to apply my own stationery (Letterhead) while composing an email or replying to an email?!

85th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. include sender when sending email

When I reply all to an Email, I always have to add myself as a recipient. The default should be to include the sender as a recipient, but you could add a setting to not include the sender.

85th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. warn if sending to self

There should be a warning if you're composing a mail only to yourself. I often reply to the latest message in an email thread and find it's not going to the recipient, but only to me. There's no hint of a warning, just a chime a minute later.

85th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Not enough font types and sizes

There are not enough fonts on Yahoo Mail; its way too limiting. I find it boring to type and send an email from Yahoo; I feel that when typing an mail it's very transactional and not personal to me or from me.
    e.g. comic sans as a font type has been around for ages; why can't it be available.

85th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base