New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I want the old format back.

I want the old format back. Too much bother with this one.

8th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  529 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. New Mail Format is tiring to work in. Especially forwarding with attachments

Before, in classic mail, when you forwarded an e-mail you were given the option to change the subject directly, now you have to click on an arrow and click "edit subject" which then takes you to drafts. The problem here is, when you click on your attachment to preview it, it takes you BACK to the e-mail to preview which closes your "subject" line. If you try to edit the subject again it switches back to drafts and closes your attachment preview... did nobody test out forwarding..?

442nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. COPYING CONTENT FROM EXCEL

Please allow the user to copy/paste from source to yahoo mail and keep the format at the source. When copying from Word that has tab delimited columns the columns are no longer aligned in Yahoo mail. When copying from Excel the user should have the option of keeping the grid boxes.

549th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. New version is a downgrade missing lots of features, list below:

1. In an incoming email, lost the menu you would get when clicking on the sender address. No fast way to add to the contacts, search email from, etc.

2. When sending emails. "Add photos from recent emails"

3. When sending emails. "Add several files from from recent emails"

4. When sending emails. "Share files from cloud providers"

5. Customize the interface to avoid the icon with the monogram near name or address of people in the From, To and Cc fields?

6. RTL support: In the previous version when typing Hebrew it would automatically sense it and change the…

572nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Autofill stopped working

The autofill in my yahoo mail has stopped working without warning. It has happened before. How do I right it please? There seems to be no option for this on your help pages. Many thanks.

587th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  8 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. In the "To", "CC", or "BC" of the "Compose" function, the "All Contacts" list does not have the contacts in alphabetical order.

In the "To", "CC", or "BC" of the "Compose" function, the "All Contacts" list does not have the contacts in alphabetical order.

727th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Turn off link preview

If you cannot give us a DELETE button( like before) or a way to shut OFF your auto link preview insertion then please take it OUT until you get it to work correctly! I hate it. I forget that it doesn't work, I paste a link and then it auto adds a preview I cannot get rid of so I have to start a new message all over again. So for now I am UNABLE to add a link to my messages b/c of your defective auto preview "feature"! I used to be able to delete but now I cannot.…

598th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Annoying ad. blocker pop-up.

Just get rid of the annoying pop-up wanting me to pay you for blocking ads! It interferes with almost every email I attempt.
    If this persists, I shall be leaving TalkTalk. It is ruining an otherwise great service.
    Has it not occured to you that most of us who don't want ads. already have a service to stop them which, by the way, are cheaper than the service you offer!

82nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  52 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. On such date and time, so and so wrote: Please give an option to get rid of this and go back to classic address lines

Please give us back the option when Replying to an email, so that we can have the original format of From/To/Sent/Subject Lines at the bottom of the new email, instead of "On such date and time, this person wrote:" That might be good for conversation mode, but not good for conventional correspondence mode.

727th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Turn off, "Automatically generate a preview of links"

The "Automatically generate a preview of links" option is turned off in "Settings", "Writing email". However a a preview picture is is being generated anyway. The picture can not be deleted. Grrrrr.

518th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please make it possible to send old-fashioned plain text email without fighting for it every step of the way!

(This forum tells me to vote for an old idea instead of posting my own, but all of the ones I want to vote for are closed for comments and therefore unvoteable. Therefore, here goes another duplicate.)

Since copy and paste is disabled in plain text mode for some supremely asinine reason, composing a plain text email in Yahoo is an exercise in frustration. The only thing worse is composing a non-plain-text email, where it constantly re-interprets what you're trying to do, moving the cursor willy-nilly to the end of the line, inserting graphics that it refuses to then remove,…

429th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. change font size

When I change font size for a response to an email, the change does not last for next response to another email. How do you make permanent change to font and font size?

527th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Schedule send email

when will yahoo implement schedule send function? where you prepare a email at 2am in the night and schedule it for 8am next morning?? or on a later date?? email my future self next year. GOOGLE HAS IT! YOU MUST TOO.

1132nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. WHY CAN'T I PREVIEW ATTACHMENTS BEFORE SENDING?? HATE THIS FORMAT. BRING BACK OLD

WHY CAN'T I PREVIEW ATTACHMENTS BEFORE SENDING?? HATE THIS FORMAT.

549th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Reply / Reply All options when composing email

Previously, there was a "reply to all" or "reply to sender" option in the upper right corner next to the "show/hide CC/BCC" option. This was very useful if you selected "reply" arrow but realized it was more appropriate to send to the entire group, or converseley, if you realied that it should be targeted only to the sender. You could toggle back to either "Reply to Sender" or "Reply to All", meaning you could reply to all other recipients when replying to an email you had initially selected on ly "Reply" for. Now I have to copy the text, delete…

727th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. UTF-8 encoding not working on Yahoo+Thunderbird

Since April the UTF-8 encoding does not work anymore when sending Yahoo emails via Thunderbird.
    Each Italian wovel with a stress (àèéìòù) is sent as a double question mark (??).
    It used to work until March or beginning of April. It still works with other providers emails. So please do not blame it on Thunderbird.

985th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. gmail has this feature where you can schedule your email to be sent later day or time, i hope yahoo can have option to schedule your email.

gmail has this feature where you can schedule your email to be sent later day or time, i hope yahoo can have option to schedule your email.

1802nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Where are dropbox, Google drive attachment options? Why are they disappeared without any notice? How would you make sending large size file

Where are dropbox, Google drive attachment options? Why are they disappeared without any notice? How will you make sending large size file possible? Do you have any other options that we don't know?

881st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Provide an option to send an email at a scheduled future time

Especially in the professional world, sending an email the next day or some future date in a timely manner is expected and respected. It is a useful option, especially when you are up late drafting the emails and do not want to continue staying up until it is morning to hit send.

1352nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 'personalized' logo obstructs replying to e-mai

I want to reply to e-mail without stumbling over sparkly, useless, infantile pictures.

So what if every entry on my contact list a 'personalized' logo. The logos are a flipping NUISANCE--Every last one pops up and obstructs composing a reply.

I don't want the dratted things. Let me do e-mails and stop forcing me to pay attention to the drawings.

And forget referring me to the 'troubleshooting link'. The server isn't working

1132nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base