New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dynamic date separators: option to supress

I find them pointless (there is a "date" column for a reason) and a waste of valuable screen real estate. Since it has been six months since the last thread on this subject was closed, I am re-submitting the request: give us a options setting to shut this "feature" off please.

11th ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bring back Alias feature

Pls bring back ability to recover and/or create Alias function as i deleted the Alias accidentally and henceforth it is inconvenient to log in to yahoo account. Thx.

11th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. enable finding number of messages in yahoo mail inbox, sent box, etc., currently unavailable

Simply show the number of emails in the Inbox, Outbox and other boxes when cursor is on the designated box, without having to go to settings, which currently does not offer that option. Currently the settings do not indicate an option to find the current number of emails in the various mail boxes.

21st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 21st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make a way to enlarge font size for us older folks.

Make a way to enlarge font size for us older folks.

21st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Let user spam filters sending spam straight to trash override your filters putting them into spam for users to move to trash

Your filters to move spam to trash do not work. Fix them. Expand blocked emails to 10000. You ask for feedback but do nothing with it. Things remain the same

25th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Stop with the capture every time I sign in.. Its frustrating and time consuming and I waste minutes doing it .. STOP IT

Stop the recapture on an account ll HOW TO DO IT and WHY IS IT HAPPENING SUDDENLY

25th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. settings to remove unused features

Please at least add an option to remove
    the menu strips along the top area for those
    who never use them:

ONE
    home...mail...news...etc

TWO:
    The listing of emails across the top...

THREE: Reduce height of search bar by at least half.

As it is I have barely half the page to view emails.

It's as if your testing the levels of frustration needed
    to see when users will abandon the service. I know I'm on the
    edge.

25th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. How can I broaden the width of the Folders margin ?

How can I broaden the width of the Folders margin ?

25th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I'm Not a Robot images

Have had to put up with "I'm Not a Robot" for a few days now every time I want to log in. How much longer must it go on for? Sometimes the images are so small, if you do not have perfect eyesight, they are difficult to recognise. Also they are all American. I am in the UK and we do not have things like fire hydrants, for example

33rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Stop Spam !

The last 48 hours I have received over 800 Spam emails. Yahoo just don't listen to complaints........Time for me to move on.

33rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Enable enlarging of folder names (left-hand side of page). People with sight problems would find this beneficial. Anyone got any ideas?

I want to enlarge the names of the folders (left-hand side of page) for a relative who has poor sight to be able to read. I can enlarge the font for her when composing an email but she needs to be able to read the actual folder names.

33rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. sort by unread default setting

This is not new, but there's no way no to vote for the "old." ...Please make it possible to choose "sort by unread" as a default. As it is, I have to reset it multiple times a day. This is a basic feature in other email platforms; it would be great to have it here as well.

45th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Your filters to move spam to trash do not work. Fix them. Expand blocked emails to 10000

Your filters to move spam to trash do not work. Fix them. Expand blocked emails to 10000. You ask for feedback but do nothing with it. Things remain the same

45th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Need sort option in Sent folder

In SENT folder , the sort options should include Sort By RECIPIENT. sort by SENDER is meaningless in Sent email (it is useful for Inbox). Or at least restore Column Headings - so we can sort Sent emails by clicking on Receipient column heading.

45th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. put button to switch languare to english

no button to switch language to english

45th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. add a select all feature for the blocked sender to delete all at once

Please add a "select all" feature for the blocked senders list to delete all at once, instead of having to delete each one at a time, it takes 1000 left clicks on my mouse and 5 minutes of my time just to delete each one.

74th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. everythings is good, just need to adjust letter size be needed, tq vry much.

everythings is good, just need to adjust letter size be needed, tq vry much.

74th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Stop auto play ads with sound

All of a sudden, I am getting ads that play with sound in my mail. I have a Yahoo business account, and pay for Yahoo web hosting. I can't tell you how infuriating it is to be on a zoom call, open my mail to find a communication and some ad starts playing, broadcasting to my clients on the call. Shut it the f off.

74th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow Base Name Change for Disposable Addresses

The instructions did NOT indicate that the base name WAS PERMANENT. I created a base name I will not use for multiple disposable addresses and now cannot change it rendering your service useless. Please change this. I've had Yahoo for years but I now have email addresses with another service as a result of this.

126th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base