Skip to content

New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

18 results found

1. 40th ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. viewing emails

My emails are still showing as a thread even though the "group converstions" tab is not on. I want each email to be separate. When they are grouped together it is very difficult to view the separate email I want. I liked the old yahoo mail better!!!!!!!! I may have to change email servers.

74th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. search box

Search box quit working. It keeps saying error occurred. It has been like this for at least a couple of weeks now. I use that a lot, so very upsetting.

40th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. delete

Dear Yahoo

Kindly provide the check box to select the full date "Today, Yesterday etc" so that we can select the date and bulk delete the mails. This is in browser.

65th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Disposable email address error when replying using the app!

When I'm using the app and I want to reply to an email that was sent to one of my disposable email addresses, the email address that populates as the replying email address does not automatically change to the correct email address. It'll respond from whichever email address I last sent an email from. This is insanely frustrating because then I'm not replying from the correct email address and in many conversations the thread doesn't continue, especially when dealing with something like a company's customer service. This isn't an issue when using the website at all, when you respond to…

212th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. allow user to change color of stars on email to categorize them

allow users to change color of stars on email to categorize them. easier to find what you need

23rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. find emails from

Being able to right-click on an email and select "Find emails from... " would be phenomenal for so many reasons. I know there is the search option and the sort by option but they are way more time consuming than a simple right click. sometimes I want to find everything from one sender after reading an email without having to go back up to the search. If I type "Apple" i get everthing with an apple icon in their message but if I right click on an apple email and select "find emails from sender" then I would pull up…

212th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I keep on getting an error "Ubable to delete conversation"

I am unable to delete emails or clear my trash and spam. I keep on getting an error "Unable to delete conversation"

212th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I don't want to be asked to delete multiple emails every time I delete an email from a sender

Provide a way to delete the "would you like to delete all emails from a sender" popup that showed up around 10/09/23. Some people might want that feature, and that's fine. But I don't, and it's annoying to keep popping up with no way to shut it off.

121st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. why am I logged on to access mail, but when I go you respond to comments on articles, it says I need to logon, I'm logon?

Your system is showing that I need to logon on to my account to comment, but I am logon, can get to my email, and everything. When I click on the logon button on the comment part of an article, all that happens is that the page refreshes and that is ALL it does.

34th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. How do I find old emails in my Yahoo account, say around 3 to 4 years old from now

How do I find old emails in my Yahoo account, say around 3 to 4 years old from now

94th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. when you first click on Unread mail on the left then yahoo sort mail need to add alphabetical order & sorting by sender

when you click on Unread emails on the left and the yahoo sort mail tab it needs to have to sort by sender, alphabetical order with ascending & descending, date: newest on top, date: oldest on top, starred, subject attachements. Also when you click on inbox the sort tab on the right it does not have sort in alphabetical order with ascending & descending.
    also there is no automatic way to sort mail into separate file folders automatically which will help sort out spam and other emails properly.

Also I noticed a sections under the email that says unsubscribe which…

212th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow customizing the buttons to the far right of the message. an example is there is only a delete button but not an archive button

Allow customizing the buttons to the far right of the message. an example is there is only a delete button but not an archive button

34th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I want to transfer or forward ALL emails, 20+ years worth, to my new email address. Why cant this be done?

I want to transfer or forward ALL emails, 20+ years worth, to my new email address so I retain the history. Then I want to close my old email address. Why cant this be done?

94th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. bulk delete

Let's say you forget to select an email and you press delete button. Yahoo email server actually assumes that means I want to delete all 3000+ emails sitting in my email from beginning of time. Guys this is a dumb idea. No one wants to delete everything just because they forgot to select an item. Thankfully there is prompt but if you are distracted, you don't read what the prompt is saying and you press yes (because you think you are deleting the email that you intended to delete but forgot to select), poof! All your emails are gone.

This…

94th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. thread

When I click on a recent message on my inbox, that I have replied to, opening the message should open the complete email thread, including the reply I have made. Currently, I can only see my replies in "sent."

Update: I've found the correct setting. In settings, viewing email, you can enable "group by conversation"

121st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Archive All Button next to the day in the mail list... Example.... After or before the words Yesterday could be a check box that archives

Archive All Button next to the day in the mail list... Example.... After or before the words Yesterday could be a check box that archives all of that days emails. So for every day there could be a button for that.

155th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Yahoo domain fell with one point, I reported it to Google, then you don't want to know, fix my email

I leave this issue to people's judgment. Yahoo domain fell into my hands with mistakes and bugbacks from big companies and Yahoo's own weakness, that too with only one ((( . ))). What did I do?? Nothing happened. I quickly called the Google company. I emailed Yahoo itself. Yahoo didn't care. I don't know. Maybe Rabat would have responded, but Google recognized the danger of p2. They have been working on the bug for 5 days now. At that time, I could have misused it, but I didn't do it for a long time. I am begging yahoo support to…

212th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base