New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. go back to how it was.

this new way of doing it is dumb and flows like ****.

27th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  61 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. better Spam Filter

spams feels like a perpetual cycle, a few somehow keep coming even after they have been marked as spam.
    the best part new ones keep popping up all the time just like they are sharing info and keep *******

57th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  17 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. We need a way to sort by Sender. Because, it helps to clear out the inbox better

Yahoo! You took away the ability to sort by sender, so now it makes so difficult to go through my emails to clear out my inbox. Please just put the "Sort by Sender" back!

412th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  18 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Put delete icon back on the left.

Please put delete icon back on the left. I hate having to move the cursor all the way to the end of the line/screen to click on the delete icon. And I do not want to have to go through a two-click option of first selecting the message and then pressing the "DELETE" button on the top.

567th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 529th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. today yesterday this week

How do I disable the "Today", "Yesterday", "This week" dividers in my inbox? They add no value and only clutter my inbox.

685th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Filters

Make creation of Filters easy and user friendly. One should be able to filter messages for easy organization of inboxes

110th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  25 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. PLEASE, remove this highly annoying setting that puts together conversation.

It is making email management so much complicated for nothing. Let us see only the email we receive and go to sent box if we want to see what we sent. make it simple like any other email app.

656th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Trash Can

Put the trash can back on the left. It was easier to see whole message getting deleted when it was on the left.

138th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. automatic contacts in the "to" field

When I type in an email address, I get an automatic listing of other addresses in my contact list. The old Yahoo mail was better - the automatic list was of people I regularly contacted together. Now, with the new Yahoo, the automatic listing starts with the people I most frequently contact -- but that is NOT helpful. I have various groups that I contact, and my most frequent contacts are not in all those groups.

1251st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Yahoo chases customers away by "fixing" email interface

Put buttons (send, attach, etc) where I can access them rather than below the accessible part of my screen, use fonts I can read on my screen, use different fonts to indicate whether an email has been opened versus one that is unread, give an indication you care about customer's needs.

1647th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. There is no "Line" "------------------" between prior emails and you do not see who was "cc'd"; so you have to go back to the prior email !

Terrible - There is no "Line" "------------------" between prior emails and you do not see who was "cc'd"; so you have to go back to the prior email !

1251st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. bring back the four lines of information when replying to an email such as to, from, date, subject

bring back the four lines of information when replying to an email such as to, from, date, subject

1251st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Why can't i delete one email in a conversation thread?

I am trying to delete one email within a conversation and it keeps deleting the entire thread. The old version of mail was way better, change it back!

723rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Right click options missing

Right click options on mails on inbox list view completely disappeared in the new mail.

111th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  39 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Fix your search engine for searching for emails!

It's awful! The old yahoo email, I could put a word that is associated with the email I was looking for and I could find it. I know, absolutely know the email address or name of the person or business and I can put that in the search and it won't find it. Then I have to sit and scroll and scroll looking for the email thinking I must be wrong. Then I'm NOT because I find the email after wasting time scrolling when it used to be simple search. I have no idea what your ****** criteria your ******…

821st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. un-send messages

there should be a category or option that allow a send of a email to UN-send a email if he or she realize that the email communicating with is not to be trusted eg online person who create email so as to rob people online especially those who look for job face this problem

1647th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. This is AWFUL!!!

I cannot copy paste old mails to my new mails to reply...it runs out of room! I am only allowed a small portion of room and then it goes invisible.

I have NO emoji's....I absolutely hate this new e-mail and will be switching...should have done it when you changed. AWFUL!!!!

1647th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Date Separation *****

This is ridiculous. If I have only one email from each of yahoo's arbitrary time slots, my email page looks like a 6 year old missing teeth.

761st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. How do I mark "unread" I use to able to but not now.

I use to be able to right click and mark unread to one that I have opened. now how do I?

1251st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base