New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Reply cannot remove original sender

When reply or reply all, the senders and recipients auto populated in TO and CC cannot be removed.
    The remove "x" button is there but clicking does not do anything.
    If you add new recipients, those can be removed by clicking "x"
    Something is wrong with the auto populated To and CC

11th ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow for recovery of erased emails from back-ups

Please restore old emails! No notice given; have been on yahoo mail for 20 years; emails from deceased parents with family history gone! It would be a great option to have ability to recover erased emails from back-ups. I use Yahoo email for long-term content & historical tracking, with other email for day to day and another for work. Yahoo's unilateral decision to erase my data has left me at an extreme loss!

20th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Why can't I view comments?

It's strange commenting that Trump won is censored. It has no context nor references any particular event or vote. It's not a lie it's fact. Trump won the 2016 election apparently yahoo doesn't like that fact either. He has won many times in court. So tell me why I can't view and make comments. Apparently saying Trump won is worse than a lib calling a conservative a pedophile. Yahoo gave me no actual reason as to why they reject my comments and definitely no reason why they blocked me from viewing comments or making comments. It seems like I might…

85th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. clean up redundant messages

Outlook has a "clean up folder" function which works well. Please replicate it for Yahoo mail. It removes redundant messages and simplifies your mailbox . This is useful regardless of whether you view as conversations or not.

47th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Swastika

Apparently, this is one of the few things that concern the State Department.

Let me be clear: Anti-Semitism has no place in the State Department, in my Administration, or anywhere in the world. It’s up to all of us to give hate no safe harbor and stand up to bigotry wherever we find it.

85th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Reactivate old Ymail or Yahoo account

I reported the unaccompanied sexual assault of a minor at the Volusia County correctional facility.

85th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Reply to All

I am unable to remove email id of anyone at the time of Reply to All option, earlier it was not so.
    please clarify

85th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Fix email thread joining!

I have several occurrences where two different threads from two different contact are being joined together. It's very inconvenient to have to sift through the email thread to gleam information regarding one conversation then make sure to reply to the correct individual without compromising the conversation with the other individual. Why is yahoo mail doing this? the two different individuals have nothing to do with each other and they have two very different email addresses. They should not be lumped together into one thread. They should remain separate.

85th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Stop removing comments simply because you do not like the content. I have not violated any of your policies.

Stop removing content simply because one comment was removed.

Stop with the censorship, especially when it does nothing to violate your policies!

85th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Read deep into this suggestion guys

Take political leaning ads off and I won't block them anymore using brave browser. Otherwise, thank god for Brave, to block the FAR LEFT themes. You do realize half the country is not liberal and forcing it down their throat only causes you to LOSE customers and otherwise profitable viewers, right? Joseph Goebbels much? Ever read the bible verse to examine the log in your own eye before pointing it out in another like calling those that don't adhere to your far left ideologies "fascists", etc... Get a clue purple hair is the new, modern day swastikas.... Book burning, censorship…

85th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. enable search for previous messages

re-activate the ability to search slightly older messages .... all seem to have been lost, which means I have to search through the list of all messages to find what I am looking for --- might only be 2 days old but message does not show up. This used to be possible

333rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I want to be notified when someone responds to my comments on the news

I am no longer notified when someone comments on my post and would like to be. How do I fix this?

85th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Use the latest email date/time (for Sent or received email) for the date sorting order of the Inbox

Hello, very nice interface, but when Conversations are turned on, & when showing my Sent email in a Conversation, please use the Sent time/date in the date sorting order of the Inbox. In other words, please use the latest email date/time (for Sent or received email) in the date sorting order of the Inbox.
    Or please just move all Sent emails to the Inbox.
    Thanks!

85th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add right-click option for Move item to folder

Please add the ability to move a selected/highlighted item to a particular folder in the right-click context menu.

85th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow plain html on desktop

Allow plain html on desktop and mobile for low bandwidth situations and faster loading speed.

85th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. translation

Like web Outlook, it would be great to have a language translation. I do gets mails from other countries and it would take time to get those mails translated such as bing or google. It would be wonderful when there is a simple translation service though it would not be accurate at all.

85th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Delete emails from same sender all at once

When I’m on a computer I can choose all the emails from the same sender and delete them all at once, however when I’m on my mobile or my IPad the app does not allow this option. I would like this option.

47th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base