New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. YOU WANNA USE SEARCH?

Tutorial popup saying YOU WANNA USE SEARCH? does not have an OKAY or GOT IT button to turn off this horrible popup. Yahoo+ please stop this!!

127th ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow me to set the empty trash frequency setting instead of automatically doing it.

I want to be able to set the empty trash frequency settings for my email. I will put emails in the trash and then if something comes up and I need to access an email I deleted I have no way of doing so because it automatically empties my trash after seven days.

Please fix this issue, I know a lot of people would be very grateful.

Thanks

127th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. add a select all feature for the blocked sender to delete all at once

Please add a "select all" feature for the blocked senders list to delete all at once, instead of having to delete each one at a time, it takes 1000 left clicks on my mouse and 5 minutes of my time just to delete each one.

74th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. everythings is good, just need to adjust letter size be needed, tq vry much.

everythings is good, just need to adjust letter size be needed, tq vry much.

74th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Stop auto play ads with sound

All of a sudden, I am getting ads that play with sound in my mail. I have a Yahoo business account, and pay for Yahoo web hosting. I can't tell you how infuriating it is to be on a zoom call, open my mail to find a communication and some ad starts playing, broadcasting to my clients on the call. Shut it the f off.

74th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I want all my emails to be sorted by "Unread" not Newest on Top with date separation

I want all my emails to be sorted by "Unread" and without a separation by dates taking too much space but my decision is always reversed to the original "Date:Newest on Top" which I do not like.

127th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. selecting all emails

This has been asked before and we cannot upvote. Would be great if we had the option to select all the emails in one date, or just one page of results at a time. The current checkbox selects so many at once, but it does not select "all" either, so it is useless until I have reviewed every single email

127th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow notifications for specific filters

Current notifications only on the Inbox aren't very helpful for users with lots of incoming mail and important ones filtered into folders- as others have also said
    I've seen folks request notifications for a priority sender (which is great) and for specific folders (also great). I assume the folder would be based on a filter, and that could work as a generalization for the priority sender also. Please consider a setting for Plus users to allow a notification to be set on a given filter being triggered, independent of what folder it ends up in. An alert with the filter…

127th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. link preview

Please include the ability to remove link preview in the Android app. I can turn it off in the desktop version but not the app. It is freaking annoying!

127th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Need an option to remove the new heading that has the "Visit Site" button on it.

Please provide an option to hide or remove the new second heading on incoming emails. I want to remove the new heading that has the "Visit Site" button on it.

127th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Email opening page

Now my inbox automatically starts with a spam email and I cannot delete it without opening it. And I can't get rid of the side bar of contacts, calendar, etc. So far I hate this. Please give me the option of OPTING OUT of this "new" email!!!!

127th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hello there; Don't you have a language translation tool to read incoming foreign language messages?

Hello there; Don't you have a language translation tool to read incoming foreign language messages? The country is selected and registered in the account settings. But the messages are not read. Thank you...

127th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. notepad

Please stop w/ the newly instant editing w/ Notepad. Important info can be accidentally deleted. Bad idea. Thank you.

127th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow Base Name Change for Disposable Addresses

The instructions did NOT indicate that the base name WAS PERMANENT. I created a base name I will not use for multiple disposable addresses and now cannot change it rendering your service useless. Please change this. I've had Yahoo for years but I now have email addresses with another service as a result of this.

127th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Provide easy way to block sender on the mobile app similar to in desktop.

Provide an easy way to block a sender on the mobile app similar to on the desktop.

127th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow for a choice of a different signature when composing a new email

Allow for a choice of a different signature when composing a new email

127th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. How to remove "today", "yesterday", and "earlier this week" from your Yahoo inbox

Remove "today", "yesterday", and "earlier this week" from your Yahoo inbox

74th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. sort by unread default setting

This is not new, but there's no way no to vote for the "old." ...Please make it possible to choose "sort by unread" as a default. As it is, I have to reset it multiple times a day. This is a basic feature in other email platforms; it would be great to have it here as well.

47th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please add dark mode to the setting of yahoo mail mobile on an internet browser

Please add to the settings of yahoo mail mobile for those who use an internet browser dark mode as a light background is too ******* the eyes

127th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. A link for adding / changing signature template content in e-address account would be helpful.

A link for adding / changing signature template content in one's own e-address account would be helpful.

127th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base