How can we improve New Mail?

just return me to my old format. thank you..... please

just give me back my old email. don't like this one.

1st ranked
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Vera Rooney shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15511 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Give an option of reverting to the old format (not Classic, but the one after it, fonts are now blurry, need to move FOLDERS above VIEW (or collapse like before)

• Chris Rhodes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

so this is how you "improved" the old format?? now i cannot delete by simply pushing delete or backspace on my keyboard. i have to click the msg box, move to delete button and click it. 3 steps instead of 1. i cannot view both the list of msgs and the open msg at the same time so when i delete or forward the current msg the next appears. when i click forward the msg changes into a lengthy mess with > all over the place. if i open a msg and it's spam, i have to click on actions, scroll down to spam and click that instead of just clicking spam at the top of the msg. 3 steps instead of 1. when i click send instead of going back to the msgs, i have to click a box saying return to msg. etc. etc. what cretins thought that this format was more user-friendly than the old??

• Jim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The newest mail does not effectively differentiate betwen reply and original message. The new so-called "classic mail" does, at least with a line and with the senders details. However, originally the reply had a line, then the senders details in blue, and then the original message indented with a blue line down the left side. That was MUCH more user friendly. That was properly classic, and that was more consistent with other mail systems.

Classic is NOT like mail used to be. It is not "switching back", it is choosing a downgraded embarassment knowing that it is so poor, we will eventually have to move to the new version becasue at least it does SOME things that are usable.

Previously I could drag an image and drop it within the text - Yahoo has removed that ability, and all I can do is attach files. You have also removed all text formatting options. THere is more that has been removed, but these are teh ones I've found in the short few days I have been forced to try and find a better way. Dreadful.

If you think that either the new version or the old so-called classic is worth the adverts you pump at us, think again.

• Jim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Product_Support

Classic mail is NOT what Yahoo mail used to be. It is a half axxxxd attempt at vaguely looking somethign remotely like it. The function is different, the look is different.

• carol Labelle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I went back to the old format, then decided I wanted it back. But I have to push a button and reload it every time. How can I get the new format back?

• Mark Genovese commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

if I can' keep the same format of mail on my computer without having to click on it ever time I open my e-mail...I WILL GO TO ANOTHER FORMAT

• Janelle Stein commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yahoo switched my email to the new theme. However, I want the classic yahoo email. How do I switch back? There's no link or option in the settings....

• Mike M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Stop controlling this ****. No one asked you to do it..I want it back to like it was!!! Who do you think you are????

• Edgar Korteweg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The tekst writer doesnt work properly,
    The marking of messages is disfunctional it doesnt work at all or is slow.

Please get back the previous version, that worked perfectly and smoothly.

you lost your touch

God bless,
    Gr Edgar

• MIa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

no theme, no stationery, no good colors. in a few words BAD BAD BAD!

• Ralph Caruso commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't have an idea to fix this, but it seems that the new mail is MUCH slower than the old version. It takes forever to simply scroll up and down thru messages. You have to give the app a LOT of time to settle down before clicking on anything, because you really don't know what you are about to do at any time. This is NOT pleasant, and I am actually paying for it. Running on a Dell Inspiron 15R with Intel I7 processor and 16GB of memory. Not doing anything fancy or compute intensive, and a good solid internet connection. Even typing is slow.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 775 776

Feedback and Knowledge Base