How can we improve New Mail?

just return me to my old format. thank you..... please

just give me back my old email. don't like this one.

1st ranked
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Gathering feedback  ·  Product Support responded  · 

Thank you for sharing your opinion on New Mail with us. We continually strive to improve and upgrade our products to make them even more useful to our members. As we move our products forward, we must unfortunately retire support for older versions. To learn more about the latest version of Yahoo Mail, visit https://upgrade.mail.yahoo.com/

17956 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Boo Boo . commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Where are the thumbnails? I much prefer the previous version the new NSA version is like three steps back.

• George Sweatt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Basically everything, Yahoo mail was great, the colors and layout was good, now the layout is horrible, ane the colors are horrible, why couldn't you leave good enough alone, instead of makeingit bad.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Several years ago.. Yahoo had a different Email format than Google's GMail, and it worked. Then they decided to make it look like GMail's interface. The new format didn't load fast, wasn't as reliable, was a pain to use. It also required more network data transmission from Yahoo and higher bandwidth to work(and therefore more cost to Yahoo as well as users of the service). The interface continues to get worse.

You don't lead by following and copying.

The answer that people must accept and follow change is probably the most empty headed answer that could have been come up with. Email is Email, and what makes it work is its simplicity. That simplicity also is what can make it quick and easy to use. Add to much 'adverts' and popups to wade through and it no longer works. Require too many Yahoo specific apps to try to get 'tie-in' and 'lock-in' and it no longer works. There are other Email providers - make it too much of a pain to use and people change their service and yahoo gets left by the wayside.

Way back, when Email was first invented - it was very quick, almost twitter like quick and without the 280 character line length limit.

To those that wonder what happened, Yahoo hired someone from Google to become CEO many years ago - I think they may have a problem admitting that it was a mistake. Yahoo did not supplant or supersede Google. However, that CEO made out like a bandit. Therefore Yahoo continues to 'change' the interface, refusing to look at what worked in the 'way past' and ignoring the premise of K.I.S.S. and the usefulness of things quick, simple, and easy to use. All of the 'users' outside of Yahoo, have a life and need to get things done - including work and family. Anything that interferes or tries to take control of people's time will eventually get relegated to the dustbin of history.

This brings up another question of mine: I am using the IMAP SSL/TLS interface to Yahoo Mail. Why am I now having to manually log in periodically to www.yahoo.com to 're-enable' that connection? STOP-IT! Stop the games. The config I use at least makes Yahoo mail usable - for now. Remember that IMAP is the least costly interface for Yahoo to run - it only transmits the messages needed across the network(reduced bandwidth costs for Yahoo), has minimized processing costs on Yahoo's servers, and no need to continually monitor/bug-fix/update the software because the IMAP protocol has literally been written down on prehistoric 'stone' tablets using ancient prehistoric tools - ie, it hasn't changed much in a long time and WORKS!

The number of adverts/SPAM being sent to my inbox is ridiculous. For every 1 valid Email, I am now getting approximately 10 SPAM messages... which are sponsored by Yahoo as seen by looking at the Email header source and seeing yahoo-filtered-bulk in the Email header. Question: how does this add to the user experience? There is a quasi 'reasonable' number, and then there is 'ridiculous'.

I have already set up some 'replacement' Email addresses - The login games wrt IMAP continue, it will be 'See-Ya'!!

• JOYCE FLANAGAN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hate the new email format, it stinks
    cannot find anything
    all of a sudden there's ads
    just come out and say You want to charge for email service, no more freebees

• jb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What's wrong with the new mail format is that the inbox is mostly the bright white which is blinding for sensitive eyes. When U go to color it then it get's too dark. Too bad they didn't have a color sliding scale that you could adjust and lock that in. This way if it is too dark or light you can adjust it. Or just have more choices for inbox colors. I really like mine medium not too dark or white. This could be an easy fix for yahoo. Even if they added two more medium colors to choose from. But, hey, am I doing something wrong and there is an adjustment for this? I searched around and found nothing. Maybe they want you to pay for more customizing of the inbox. Maybe a bunch of younger people with great eyes are tweaking this new mail for their own eyes. Maybe they don't want older people or people with sensitive eyes to use Yahoo mail. But they need to read these comments and fix this. Do they read these comments? Do they care? I have had Yahoo mail since 1999. Fix this shi*!

• Bob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

POINT MADE 4 SURE TIME TO FIRE SOMEONE OVER THIS UPGRADE ITS A **** DISASTER FOR MILLIONS OF US THAT USE THIS OLD FORMANT ITS TIME TODAY BEFORE ITS TO LATE AND WE FILE A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST YAHOO FOR THIS ABUSE SO BRING BACK CLASSIC MAIL TODAY AND FIRE THE DUMB *** THAT EVEN THINKS THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA NOW I HAVE WASTED WELL OVER 10 HOURS TODAY TRYING TO SALVAGE MY MAIL AND HAVE HAD NO LUCK AT ALL ITS A DISASTER AND I SAY AGAIN FIRE THERE BUTT NOW POINT MADE !!!!!

CLASSIC MAIL AND YAHOO ABUSE BRING BACK CLASSIC MAIL ASAP AND FIRE THE DUMB *** THAT EVEN THINKS THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA NOW I HAVE WASTED WELL OVER 10 HOURS TODAY TRYING TO SALVAGE MY MAIL AND HAVE HAD NO LUCK AT ALL ITS A DISASTER AND I SAY AGAIN FIRE THERE BUTT NOW POINT MADE !!!!!

BRING BACK CLASSIC MAIL ASAP AND FIRE THE DUMB *** THAT EVEN THINKS THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA NOW I HAVE WASTED WELL OVER 10 HOURS TODAY TRYING TO SALVAGE MY MAIL AND HAVE HAD NO LUCK AT ALL ITS A DISASTER AND I SAY AGAIN FIRE THERE BUTT NOW POINT MADE !!!!!

BRING BACK CLASSIC MAIL ASAP AND FIRE THE DUMB *** THAT EVEN THINKS THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA NOW I HAVE WASTED WELL OVER 10 HOURS TODAY TRYING TO SALVAGE MY MAIL AND HAVE HAD NO LUCK AT ALL ITS A DISASTER AND I SAY AGAIN FIRE THERE BUTT NOW POINT MADE !!!!!

• Bessie Rocci commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have disabilities, and when you force me to change my email format, it paralyzes what i can do. I think there are laws about causing disabled people to not have compensations... Forget all your good intentions of always changing things. NOT GOOD OR WANTED

← Previous 1 3 4 5 897 898

Feedback and Knowledge Base