How can we improve New Mail?

Horrible!!!Slow! Ready to leave Yahoo all together!!!!

The new Yahoo Mail is horrible! Slower than the 7 year itch! No Block button! Why was it changed? It certainly is not an improvement! Horrible! Horrible! Horrible!

17th ranked
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Elaine Korth shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

49 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Patricia Thompson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Large is too large, then medium on new yahoo is too small. Page outline is too narrow. I am having a terrible time. Pease improve font and page sizes like they were before, or I leave.

• Jerry Gianunzio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Elaine, try looking in your computer settings for a free "speed up my computer" CD buy a "speed up my computer" CD disc. You will not like the price though! "Wlly World" $29 to $69 dollars and may require an annual contract! Boo!

• Mark Wilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have pretty much left. Have had this yahoo account for 20 years and it will take time to phase it out. I had a paid account till recently but cancelled. I should pay you to read my email sell my information and get hacked more than hillary's server

• Gary Chin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is very slow, because the web email using the chrome browser on a PC starts using lots of CPU.

Maybe the coding and the advertising videos are using lots of CPU. Sometimes it is also waiting for some advertising servers. My CPU is an Intel Core i7-4712 with 16 GB ram. Task Manager shows the CPU usage increasing even when Yahoo web email is in a background tab.

• Ronald Kissinger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yahoo mail is more of a habit than a useful email site. I use to deflect spam from my main email site. Constant ads, constant changes. So sad!

• Sandy Fleener commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Too many ads, pop ups and too slow because of the ads and pop ups. The speed and efficiency seem to have been sacrificed for the need to make money. There are so many free Email programs I don't see why Yahoo would allow themselves to become so lax. I've been a Yahoo user since the beginning but this is making me crazy. I'm checking out outlook and gmail due specifically to all these issues.

• Merrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding to the fray here ... deleting e-mails is SLOW. Sometimes I have to press "Delete" more than once. It's one thing if it was like this in the first few weeks but, guys, this problem has been happening FOR MONTHS since you introduced the new e-mail. This is 2018, why are you having problems like this for a legacy product? I have been on Yahoo! Mail for years and don't ever remember having problems like this. Thankfully, this is my secondary account, MS Outlook (Hotmail) is my main and, although they too have had their share of problems, they seem to generally FIX THEM in reasonable amounts of time. Yahoo! you have fallen behind and you'd prove to a lot of people that you are current with the times by getting things taken care of quickly. This is an "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" situation; but, if you're gonna "fix" it and make changes, you better **** well be at the ready to correct any bugs...and fast.

• Marsha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HATE the"new format" I can not tell you how much I hate it - ITS AWFUL _ STOP the ADs - STOP the videos on the side bar - IF I wanted the dang sports info on the side bar I'D ADD it - Stop the WHitE LIst Stop the annoying popups STOP STOP .. your going to end like Sears - Fire the idiots who thought these thing were good or freaking funny - idiots

• Thelma Wiloch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yahoo in general sucks. From their forced fed Liberal idiology to their slow and unreliable email. Cannot wait to dump Yahoo. Only thing stopping me is that I must change all the emails with other accounts before deleting Yahoo.

• Thelma Wiloch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yahoo in general sucks. From their forced fed Liberal ideology to their slow and unreliable email. Cannot wait to dump Yahoo. Only thing stopping me is that I must change all the emails with other accounts before deleting Yahoo.

• Soula Jomaa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

AAARRRGGHHH!!!! CANT'T DOWNLOAD TOOOO SLOW CANT UPLOAD TOOOO SLOOOWWW WHAT IS WRONG WITH YAHOO WE HAD SOMTHING GOOD HAVE TO GO PLAY AROUND WITH IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its 2 days now still trying to download WTF!!!

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base