How can we improve New Mail?

I really liked my old theme. Why can't I keep it?

Add more themes please

24th ranked
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Neli Petra shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

77 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why did you mess with it in the first place I enjoyed the way it was nowIT SUCKS put it back to the way it was

GUYS I'VE FOUND THE TRICK
    Your current **** looking "Upgraded Theme" must be under this url https://mailDOTyahooDOTcom/d/folders/1 So BASICALLY the new Theme is stored under the /d/folders/1
    Meanwhile the Old Theme Mail Look like this: After the mailDOTyahooDOTcom add these text
    /neo/launch?.src=ym&reason=myc#

Leave the email alone,people that have colorblindness and shade blindness can not see a thing, you have said you fixed it in the past but I have to have some one come over to set it back because all I see is a white screen.

I HAVE MIGRAINES, I NEED THE SIMPLICITY OF THE OLD LAYOUT AND COLOR. I HATE THE ADDED FALDERAL. LEAVE STUFF ALONE. WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE IMPROVED! IT WAS PERFECT. I HAVE NEVER HAD ANY OTHER EMAIL ADDRESS OR PROVIDER. SO TEMPTED TO CHANGE FOR THE FIRST TIME. JUST WANT THE SAME COLOR/LAYOUT BACK.. PLEASE

• Amund commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Users should be able to continue with their preferred color theme from Mail Classic. It should be possible to define any color for background on mail lists.

Basically, the themes need to be highly customizable. Right now we're forced to choose between a handful of awful color themese (these look like something from an 80s disco tenager-movie).

Yahoo has really made a bad move with the "new" mail look.

• Michael Cross commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not sure why this is 'progress' ... the Classic Mail was great for productivity. I never used a theme, maybe I'm just old-school. The new interface wastes too much space.

The new themes are horrible, the look is flat and ugly, they call this progress?

• Son Luu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i used to see my old one. now i just want mine back or you can give more than i had them what i do not like, Thanks.

• Cathy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I did too. The options are not "old eye" friendly. I assume that changes are made to keep IT employees employed. Why not make changes that are for more than 20 somethings?

More backgrounds, seasonal, holidays or customize your own with a picture in your personal gallery. That would be nice to have. I just went to change my background to something Christmas but nothing. I couldn't find anything for Thanksgiving or fall. Almost December and no background to show it. ]

• Brian Lossen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

so now its so basically ugly and user unfriendly to force us to start paying for something else?!?!

• Malcolm Ernst commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bold text or larger text, or both. My old eyes can barely read the inbox, and there is no way to change the font size

• Wyp Zwisler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you offer THEMES that have BLACK text also as the newest Yahoo mail only has white. The Classic had some BLACK ones which I found much easier to read. Thank you.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base