New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. please add Option to Turn Off hover-bubble descriptions, they get in the way.

I understand the inbuilt hover-bubble description boxes can be useful, like when it says how many unread emails there are in a folder --but they can also be annoying. Especially the "checkbox, not checked" description that pops up every time my mouse hovers for a nanosecond near a checkbox. When I'm checking multiple emails it gets obnoxious and I would really like the option to make them stop, please.

931st ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 706th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Offer a setting to disable the search link in mailbox view

I hate the dynamically appearing search shortcut between the subject and the preview in mailbox view. It's not there when I move the pointer to click on a message to read it, then it appears just as I click and I don't get to the message.

Make the link permanent, get rid of it, or offer a setting so I don't have to see it, please. It's a terrible user experience to click on a message in the mailbox and not have the message open.

3636th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. GIVE US BACK THE OLD MAIL. I HATE THE RED ALARM NOTICE!!!

DO NOT LIKE THE "RED ALERT SIGN" WHEN I AM DELETING A MESSAGE. MAKES ME FEEL THERE'S A VIRUS!
    WHY DO YOU WANT TO SCARE US????
    ALSO, THERE IS NO OLD MAIL ANYMORE.. IT IS NOT THE SAME AT ALL. BOTH ARE HORRID!!!

2300th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Concrete suggestions?

1. Reduce the whitespace between items in the left hand column. You're wasting MY screenspace, and it does not make it more readable.

2.Take Starred and Unread out of that column. There are other ways to get to them, and you're wasting MY screenspace.

1. Without them, there's no need for the "More" and "Less" items as everything fits in the same number of lines as it does now.

2. Make "Views" an on/off toggle on a menu. Those of us who don't use it NEVER WILL and it eats up MY screenspace.

3. INDENT subfolders in the list, You used to.

4. Quit trying…

2300th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. scroll bar for inbox hard to grab

Scroll bar for inbox nearly impossible to grab on my Chromebook, hover right over it and it disappears/appears/disappears. Please make it fatter and permanent.

931st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. search by sender z to a instead of just a to z

Allow to sort senders both a to z and z to a. You had this feature a long time ago. Bring it back.

1676th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Layout when moving mail to folders

I have complained about this already, but now I have a suggestion to add...
    I think the white space between the folders you have in your mail is really too much and to make things easier when moving mail to folders, please make the main folder name bold and the subfolders regular, with NO SPACE between them. This will make things faster because you will not go past a folder as I go now because you have to scroll A LOT through the folders... Also make sure the last selected folder is still 'active' when you want to move mail…

1676th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. send to self

1. why has it been set up so one cannot send to one's self?
      This SUCKS.

2. Why is email sent to me say "me" instead of my name?
      That REALLY SUCKS.

3. I am digging into other systems that make more sense.

4. Why can I not respond or forward any email. I always have to go back to my old yahoo email.

5. How can I get the old yahoo email to start instead of the new one?
      It is a waste of time having to switch to the old one in order to get anything done that I can trust gets done.
    258th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Do NOT hide the SIGN OUT button under name.

Do NOT hide the sign out button under name.
    Make Sign Out its own labelled button as well, if you must.
    Too many users in my lab just walk away from the computer without clicking, leaving their accounts fully exposed.

2300th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. no way to get a list of keyboard shortcuts

Changing the keyboard shortcuts was stupid. Removing the link to display them should get someone fired.

1676th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Larger scroll bar current one is difficult to locate and use.

Please fix the scroll bar - very hard to use. i have to select emails one at a time from a list, and I can't move paste first screen

2300th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Notepad should open in new message tab

It's counter intuitive to for a button (calendar) to open new Chrome tab. Instead, it should open new message tab ("turn on tabs for multitasking" in settings have to be ON).

1676th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Delete with mouse right click

The new version does not allow for message deletion with the right mouse click as it did in previous versions. Please bring the right mouse delete function back !

1361st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Stop making the changes

Everytime you mess with the format it gets worse than the last one. this one doesn't remember past email addresses - this only gives me about 20 emails to look at a time and MANY times it doen's give me the ability to scroll to the nest page... AND I continue to ask to go back to Old format only to open up to the new format....

2300th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Worst navigation and design

The look and feel of the entire web based yahoo email is so bad I can't even describe. You can't even read a single email without scrolling up/down or left/right. The navigation is worst and the sliding window on the right side is painful. No wonder people hardly use yahoo mail anymore. Please fix it it is one of the worst design

2300th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Don't place the destination email in the same place as the reply button on the previous screen

When I click reply to an email, the next screen locates the destination email address in the exact same location. Because the mouse is located over the email address, there is a bubble that expands with additional information on that person. This bubble blocks my view of the text that I'm writing to that person. I have to do an additional use step to move my mouse before typing or else I can't see what I'm typing. Options are:
    1) Place the destination address somewhere other than where the reply button is.
    2) Get rid of the pop up bubble…

1676th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 192nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Bad UI

Poor UI. When clicking on the reply button, the mouse hits the sender name on the reply page bringing up a huge image of the sender. You cannot see what you are typing. Again - what most people are saying - don't redesign for the sake of redesign.

2300th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. clendar and mail

Why have you eliminated the ability to go back and forth between a mail item and my calendar? GIVE IT BACK! Your new version sucks.

3636th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base