Skip to content

New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2166 results found

1. Respectfully, Yahoo Mail customer service is IMPOSSIBLE for receiving help because no solution occurs UNLESS I pay. Not fair. F grade!

My problem: The default appearance of my left column email folders is NOT correctly spaced, but no help navigation tactic works to fix it. I am ONLY able to fix the alignment and appearance for the "in box" and "send box" rows for email. Solution? Please send a link with directions. BETTER, how do I sent a screenshot to show you my problem? Your customer service help is hidden...poor...and I do NOT wish to pay for a simple problem that should be easy to fix by myself.

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Reviewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →
  2. I want to keep my yahoo email private but every time i use it i have to go into my google account to delete it from history

I don't want my yahoo mail use showing up on my google history i want to keep my yahoo mail private from others but every time i use yahoo mail i have too delete it afterwards from my google history even when i use "do not track" and "private browsing" settings . It's a very annoying privacy issue .

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Stop 'fixing' what wasnt broken...give users the CHOICE to return to the older, better, more visually appealing layouts!

Lost my OG mail layout today. PURE PUKE! One thing guaranteed about Yahoo....they will always find a way to continuously **** up what was a pretty decent outfit before the M$ rejects and the Goo-POO script kiddie wanabee coders infested the company. THINK! WHY would someone want to consider paying for this bloated, overblown, eyecandy ****??? SAD......It's getting right down there with Goopoo-mail.....Oh yeah, the idea.. fire the coders, team leaders, dept heads and whatever moron manager that signs off on this garbage.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →
  4. email

I realize yahoo wants to protect us from spam/spoofed emails and requires DKIM (or maybe DMARC?). But sometimes we are trying to converse with a user we can't control. I recently needed a response from the California Franchise Tax Board (ftb.ca.gov) and never received it. It would be very powerful if users could whitelist various sources and control it as needed. For example, I might whitelist *.gov but if I found spam then I might delete it, or replace it with *.ca.gov (so I could get DMV, too). Or I might only temporarily whitelist only when I'm trying to converse…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Need a way to shut off keyboard shortcuts

Need a way to disable keyboard shortcuts, as they start activating as I'm writing emails and cause all sorts of issues, especially when it sends unfinished emails. It's almost like the body of the email deselects.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →
  6. Improve your antiquated security and privacy

Block senders and security/privacy need to be updated as the number of spam e-mails has grown over the years. Time taken to delete blocked addresses is ridiculous , even worse when it comes to your filters. These are filled within weeks and months of setting them.Once you delete them the new ones start pouring in.Limiting the numbers that you can block/filter is so Windows 95. Get it together please. Make it possible to delete all old filters/blocked address in one click not 1000 or 500.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. extend spoofing tools to the dektop app

have your system test if a domain is registered or not then reject all incoming emails that do not have a registered domain.

Yahoo mobile app will notify you at times when an email might be a spam or display a visual alert notification of a spoofed email address, giving you the option to report the email or block the user.

the dektop app dose not do this and it is difficult to tell if a email is spoofed.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. no boxes next to email to check and no choices to move to selected file, ie; spam, bulk mail, etc. No way to BLOCK.

Please put the boxes next to emails back. And, Please put the choices of where to move selected emails back. And, PLEASE put the ability to BLOCK.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  3 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →
  9. Managing disposable addresses still only from desktop computer WHY?

Mail app does not allow this still. Using a browser, any on Android device after logging in mail.yahoo.com still does not allow this still, why?

I want to add/create and delete disposable addresses, basic functionality of what we pay monthly for, still can't do that on any mobile device, why?

Being logged into uservoice, I found similar posts, voted on them by clicking Critical, but then got error msg that my vote could not be received or something like that Why?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. HATE the new tabs please put back. Not for you to determine what is important to me.

The new tabs do not suit what is important to me. All emails should be seen 1st not what YOU think is important to me. You have no idea what we think when you change things all willy nilly.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. LITERALLY YOUR FEEDBACK SYSTEM IS BROKEN

Not able to vote on specific topics.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →
  12. Using Thunderbird client for multiple yahoo email accounts

My email accounts all transferred from Cox to Yahoo. I couldn't get them to work with Thunderbird. I had 3 sessions with Yahoo support and they did not have the answer. I finally found it and would like you to put it on your help page and tell your technicians. Password authentication does not work.

In the server setting under account settings in Thunderbird, security settings should be SSL/TLS and the authentication method must be 0Auth2. Under cox, it was normal password, and that does not work,

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. shortcut

This <CTRL><Enter> shortcut for 'Send Mail' should thus be disabled (or a warning should always be shown first so that the customer can still cancel the sending), because all too often it sends the email one is writing suddenly and unexpectedly away, and one can not do anything about it anymore. In general just add an option in the settings to be able to disable all shortcuts, because these keypresses interfere always unwanted and not asked for with one's typing.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Block

Return the spam blocking facility please

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

157 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →
  15. forward email from one address to another address

automatically forward mail that matches a criterion specified by a filter to another email address..

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. ads

Please stop the inappropriate ads! I have children that see my screen and the latest ads that are on the sidebar are completely inappropriate for young eyes, and I don't want to see it either!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →
  17. Set screen back to English

I need my Yahoo-mail in Enblish !!! hebrew confuses me . Please reset my mail so it displays in English... from left to right .Thank you. adameylat@yahoo.com

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Knock off the ********!!! I don't NEED an extra step to delete an e-mail! When I hit the garbage can icon to delete I don' need more

Knock off the ********!!! I don't NEED an extra step to delete an e-mail! When I hit the garbage can icon to delete I don' need more!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →
  19. font

Please hire a staff of people over 60 who also have degenerative eye disease to review your font options. What you have is AWFUL!! Too tiny, too faint, lines too close together, and sans serif. Times Roman, black on white was actually quite legible and worked for generations.

Provide font options for folder names, inbox, sent, and the email titles. Provide the option to set those settings once, then sync them all.

For those of us who are older, this is an enormous frustration! Telling us to zoom is the lazy way out of a mess that your programmers created.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →
  20. preview pane

Please add a choice of left vs right for the preview pane

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)