New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. improve the spam filters with wild cards

the wild cards filter does work well.

*@yahoo.com works

@.yahoo.com does not work that showing invalid email

There are too many @xxxxxxx.yahoo.com spam emails that they change the xxxxxxx every day.

(note yahoo.com is example here)

1190th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Wasting paper. Need emails to print full page width

I do need to print lots of stuff, but need emails to print full page width. Often text is cut off on the right, or otherwise need 2-3 sheets when 1 would do.

633rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1438th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. bring the old emjoi with movement back-- why is yahoo going backwards in their graphics ya'll used to be the standard

bring the old emjoi with movement back-- why is yahoo going backwards in their graphics ya'll used to be the standard

1904th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. In the mail screens when one decides to flag an email, it would be nice to be able to choose a different color flag or two :)

In the mail screens when one decides to flag an email, it would be nice to be able to choose a different color flag or two :)

1904th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1190th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. SIGNATURE PART

I would like the signature part takes/ be able to download pictures

1015th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Need option to permanently delete history of permanently deleted contacts/e-mails

Even after permanently deleting a contact as well as ALL related e-mails- a record still exists of that contact and message history...bad for a new marriage!

1015th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. There is a serious glitch in your new email format. In the past, an email would have the person's name. Now it has only the first name.

Your new email format gives only the first name in the notification. For instance, if you have a friend named Keith such and such, and you see that a Keith has sent you an email but does not give last name,then it is suspicious and should not be opened . It happened to me today and I deleted a perfectly good email because of it. You must give the last name so that I can vet the email.

738th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. ios theme

require Mac style theme.
    The "Yahoo Mail" logo itself is taking 10-15%height of my screen.
    Of-course I know, I opened Yahoo mail!

Around 20% of screen height is wasted on:

Yahoo mail Logo + Searchbar container's height!
    Tab bar container height
    Archive Move Delete Spam : Actions header bar height

Month + Margin/Padding till 1st email.

Total height/offset for the 1st mail on the screen : 30% :(

So, require:
    1. lightweight white/dark theme,
    2. small font text. user should change it by clicking a-A-AA-AAA size
    3. small height containers.

1904th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Filters for incoming emails

Filters are nice and handy to use. However, had observed that after creating filters it is nice to run with inbox to have them under respective folder after a new filter is created. Option to create new folder on the filter screen would also be helpful.

1904th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. change privacy settings

With most pages that have privacy settings, there's one link, then all the settings on one page. It takes 3 minutes to set all the settings at most & then BAM. Done.

Since Oath took over Yahoo, the quality of your page has plummeted. It's **** near impossible to find, then each facet of privacy has to be clicked individually & then adjusted. That's insane. It's bad programming and for a simple page with a SINGLE toggle to take 5 minutes or MORE to load, it's clearly attempted sabotage. Instead of taking 3 to 10 minutes, it took over 2…

1438th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Fix your search engine for searching for emails!

It's awful! The old yahoo email, I could put a word that is associated with the email I was looking for and I could find it. I know, absolutely know the email address or name of the person or business and I can put that in the search and it won't find it. Then I have to sit and scroll and scroll looking for the email thinking I must be wrong. Then I'm NOT because I find the email after wasting time scrolling when it used to be simple search. I have no idea what your criteria your search needs…

831st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. common sense

Improve mail by returning to old setup: when you could see entire mail at a glance!! Who wants this nonsense???
    YAHOO I and billions more say return to old format. but you do not listen😫🤣😢

587th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. This is a piece of **** email service. go back to the classic one. Fire these ******** engineers of yours -- no wonder you guys are slow,

This new style is very slow -- even logging on to your survey mail it took 3 minutes or so. Please change before I switch to other service provider

Dean

you need to fire your 3rd world engineers working on this! Piece of **** email.

208th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. p for print

Please bring back the possibility to print directly from the list of emails by pressing P, like before. I print a lot of emails (PayPal invoices), and its going to take for ever to enter each one and print from there. Please! This is very important in my office life!

446th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 911th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. accessiblity

For those of us that use screen readers and keyboard shortcuts; I think it would be easier to use your email system if you made the following changes:
    1 instead of the click here areas, add a link that a person can use there keyboard to select.
    2 the inbox messages are very hard to read. maybe there is a more accessible way for visually impaired people to read there emails.
    I like yahoo mail, and will continue to use the services if it is made more accessible.

1904th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. "move" needs improvement

When I use the move button, it always opens at the top of the folders in alphabetical order. It used to remember my last move so that when I hit the move button for the next message, it would default to the area of the list of the last folder I moved to. This was way more convenient than having to scroll thru the alphabetical list again and again, all day long.

I agree with what someone else wrote on an comment that you reviewed but did not respond to (and now is no longer open and available for comments):

1904th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1438th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base