New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve New Mail?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. SEARCH function is EXTREMELY inconsistent.

When I click on the microscope to search for topics from the same sender, I get a list. But if I start deleting some of those older emails, my new emails appear at the bottom of the list and they are sometimes deleted also. The system then jumps around to new emails instead of just showing those I had searched for. This is REDICULOUS!! When I search I should get only those items!

1471st ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Worsened new format

I didn't like the mandatory change! New layout is poorly configurable, the sender column is too narrow and some names are not completely visible. Annoying continuous request to disable AD blocker which I will not turn off !!! Worsened graphics and recycle bin is now in uncomfortable position.

1471st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. When replying to an email message, the original email stays open in a separate tab. This *****, and is a real nuisance.

The settings open in a new tab (which is fine), but the settings tab stays open when "back to inbox" is clicked. Try closing the settings tab when the back to inbox link is clicked. So many bugs in this new version; just give me the old version back!

1471st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Your answer was incorrect.

Your answer dealt with 1 segment of the issue but was solved when I was forced to go to the new/awful version of your mail.

A new issue has come up with this awful version also. When I'm trying to scroll down to open a folder that says it has unread mail in it, it keeps moving back up before I can select the folder. The only way I can get to the unopenned folder is to click on a folder and then use the down buttons, I can't scroll down.

I don't like the new format. The following are…

1471st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fix The inline images and reply formatting

Replies should have the full body of subject and date like before, also inline image attachements should be downloadable, as you can only download a low quality version of it, please fix this all

Please do not try to copy Gmail, Yahoo is far superior and we are on this platform because Gmail is limited in many ways. Conversation threads cause messy emails and basic reply formatting is terrible.

1471st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. The new yahoo mail format sucks!!!!! It's impossible to veiw an attachment a read a text at the same time . The preveiw on the right takes u

The new yahoo mail format sucks!!!!! It's impossible to veiw an attachment a read a text at the same time . The preveiw on the right takes up too much space and you can't veiw it or it condences and becomes 6 pages instead of 1

1471st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Can you provide the functionality of forwarding emails to another account being recieved from a particular address or staisfying a particula

Can you provide the functionality of forwarding emails being received from a particular email address or satisfying a particular filtering criteria...

1471st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. On such date and time, so and so wrote: Please give an option to get rid of this and go back to classic address lines

Please give us back the option when Replying to an email, so that we can have the original format of From/To/Sent/Subject Lines at the bottom of the new email, instead of "On such date and time, this person wrote:" That might be good for conversation mode, but not good for conventional correspondence mode.

1471st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. How can I rearrange the order of my email addresses?

How can I rearrange the order of my email addresses?

1471st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Message location when searching

When searching for all emails from a particular sender, Yahoo used to show which email address each message was received in (I have several Yahoo email addresses for different subjects) and the folder. Recently, this changed and all I see now is Yahoo/undefined against all the found messages. Not at all helpful as they MUST be in Yahoo as that is the service I am using!!! Please go back to the way it was; it really helped to find messages quickly.

1471st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. DECLUTTER THE EMAIL PAGE

DECLUTTER PLEASE
    Eliminate the useless eg; dotted lines around the emails, the initials in silly circles, the promise that we can return to basic by clicking "more settings" then "more settings" since this is not true. Very frustrated with the format.

1471st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Layout when moving mail to folders

I have complained about this already, but now I have a suggestion to add...
    I think the white space between the folders you have in your mail is really too much and to make things easier when moving mail to folders, please make the main folder name bold and the subfolders regular, with NO SPACE between them. This will make things faster because you will not go past a folder as I go now because you have to scroll A LOT through the folders... Also make sure the last selected folder is still 'active' when you want to move mail…

1471st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. classic works for my operating systen, the new format does not.

Classic email works for me. The new version does not allow me to access my entire contact lest. I will have to find a new email provider.

1471st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. videos in views

in views portion/grid provide videos option/tab/button also

1471st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I get wraparound sentences when composing on this newer upgrade. How do I turn it off?

How do I stop wraparound sentences when composing e:mails

1471st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. headers

All the different headers take up one third of the viewing screen (on computer). Can you please not waste so much space with this, I'd rather see more of what's in my in box that look at a Yahoo header.

1119th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Cannot open email in new tab

Right-click (on an email) is hijacked, and "Open in new tab" is unavailable.

I HATE THIS

1471st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1471st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Can you develop a new way to easily delete old emails. Perhaps by year!

Mass delete emails by year would make my life so much easier than deleting 100 at a time.

1471st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Spam is not filtered or blocked

You need to let us filter these *@myip*.com *@emailverfy.com into the trash! Your filters don't do that and at best only put them in the Spam folder. You should also let us BLOCK messages from a specific site, not just the user name. I would like to block all these @myip*.com emails but you don't let us do that. If you can't get this fixed soon, I'm going to use gmail for my real email and just let this yahoo account be for junk.

1119th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 100 101
  • Don't see your idea?

New Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base