New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Answered email won't move to folder the first time I tell it to

When I click on and email, type an answer and then click Send, the Inbox reopens with a link to click on the sent email. This is very nice. If I click the box to the left of the email I just answered and select a folder to move this email to, then click Apply, the next thing that opens is my Sent folder. I reopen the Inbox and the email I answered is still there. I have to tell the program to move it a second time, and then it will do it. Please make that happen the first…

1885th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I need help in creating an alias for my email

I need help in creating an alias for my email, please help me, because the info from "Create or delete an email alias in Yahoo Mail" aren't useful, I can not find "Beside "Email alias," click the Expand icon", so I can not create an alias.

1885th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Would like to view my starred email again.

Allow us to pull up starred email again.

1885th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. spam and junk emails

AUTOMATIC SPAM AND JUNK EMAIL FILTERS THAT AUTOMATICALLY DELETES BLOCKS AND GETS RID OF OR PREVENTS SPAM OR JUNK EMAIL AND HACKERS FROM OBTAINING OUR INFO AND KEEP OUR EMAILS SAFER AND LESS CLUTTERED

1885th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Your new rate is ridiculous. An increase of $15 from a year ago

I've been a so-called Pro customer since 2009. The last charge hike was $19.99 which I thought ridiculous but lived with it. I just found about new rate. I never received an email from Oath or signed an agreement. Why weren't your customers notified of this new owner or partner? I've spend 2 hrs digging for information on this bill I received and who it was from. Not a great way to treat long-standing, loyal customers. I have cancelled my subscription.

1885th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Delete archive files

Please allow the ARCHIVE folder be emptied like your trashcan folder.

1885th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. SMTP protocol makes no provision for keeping sent emails. Yahoo keeps a copy regardless.

Yahoo now keeps SMTP sent emails (Like Outlook or IOS client) in SENT folder where it did not years ago. SMTP protocol makes no provision to do that. I already have my SENT emails in my Outbox. I use Yahoo SMTP to send alarms from my in home security cameras and this makes duplicates. Just provide option in Settings to NOT keep a copy of SENT emails when using SMTP

1885th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Protect emails from deletion

I have lots of important messages, receipts etc that I have nearly deleted at times by mistake. I think it would be great if particular folders and their contents could be 'locked' for protection against this, so that if you try to delete the messages inside them a warning pops up.

1885th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. FIX MAIL

This email is the WORST. The search bar doesn’t have an option to search all things at the same time. FIX THIS

1885th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. mailing labels

Previously I was able to print mailing labels from a contact list. Please restore this option.

1885th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Positivity, Unity and the Golden Rule

Perhaps you could find something more important to post than too many celebs posing their half nude bodies . Who cares? That appears to be all they offer.
    There are so many important things going on I would prefer you concentrate on these things .

1885th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Stop auto scrolling in my inbox!

Scrolling through my Yahoo Mail inbox was made more difficult with the last 'update', but this newest one makes this service almost unusable. Now when I click to scroll down to look at emails in my inbox, it suddenly scrolls automatically on its own. It's impossible to browse through my messages that way, and like most of the new features wastes more of my time. I now have to do all sorts of acrobatics to stop the scrolling, and go back to the place in my inbox I actually want to go to. Yahoo Mail has become increasingly inaccessible for…

1885th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. print contact list

Please give us a way to print our contact list. Selfishly this would be beneficial for myself and truthfully may be for others as well.

1885th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Get rid of the "No, Keep me signed in" message

Get rid of the new " No, keep me signed in" message when signing out of Yahoo mail. I think we know how to sign back in if we need.

1885th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Folder Icons

Allow icons for folders. Being able to identify a folder at a glance without the need to read the name would allow for easier use.

1885th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1885th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow more control over deleting emails with one click.

Allow more control over deleting emails with one click. Sometimes you can delete 100 emails with one click, other times it is 200, 300, etc. I would like to be able to choose the number of emails to be deleted at one time.

1885th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. NEED OPTION TO DELETE STORED HISTORY OF RECENT ACTIVITY

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/find-remove-unusual-activity-yahoo-account-sln2073.html = OBSOLETE. There are NO remove buttons when accessing Account Info/Recent Activity on browser

BTW, EXTREMELY BAD THAT POSTINGS HERE GET CLOSED W/O GIVING POSTER CHANCE TO RESPOND

Hi, this is about one's Yahoo Account Info/Recent Activity (accessed from upper right menu in Mail)

Most important, need option to delete stored history under Yahoo Account Info/Recent Activity

I see it stores activity indefinitely, going back a decade in my case

Nobody likes private history stored indefinitely on server w/o their control of the data

Thanks, J

P.S.
    In addition, though this feedback related to Mail thru the menu, on…

1885th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Auto Highlighting

Auto Highlighting. Please return auto highlighting. I like to close an email before moving or deleteing it. It's easier to just click "delete" after closing a just read email. Now when you close an email that highlight line shows up somewhere else in a random pattern. To keep that highlight on the email just read I have to "check" the box before reading. That adds an extra stroke I never remember to do.

1885th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Sorting Sent Folder by Recipient

Please allow the Sent Emails Folder to be sorted by "Recipient."

1425th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 132 133
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base