New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Curent mail message focus

In the old version, if you click on a message and view it and then return to the box, the email you were just viewing still has focus. The entry has would be bolded blue, and any new action taken would be on that 'focused' message. In the new version, when you return to the box after viewing a message, you have no idea where that message is, so you have to go looking for it again. The old version was so convenient. The new version is a pain. Any chance you can migrate this feature to the new version…

1873rd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2595th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Email link on code generation emails or texts that states "I did not generate this code" when hacking attempts are being made

If I get an email that a code was genetated to access my emai, there needs to be an link option that says "I did not generate this code". The amount of attempts have increased to where I am getting them nearly every day. And to contact this company I have to call an 800 number where you get hung up on or pay 5 dollars to talk on online to someone? I didn't need to speak to someone, I wanted to make Yahoo aware there are attempts occuring...an email form even would have been something, instead after speaking to…

1873rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Android Yahoo calendar

I would like to sync my calendar to an Android Yahoo calendar app. Would be great!

1873rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Put the highlighted cursor back on the email I am reading

12/3/2019 AGAIN Please put the Highlighted Cursor Back On The Email I Am Reading.... WORK SMARTER NOT HARDER .... Thank you kindly, ************@yahoo.com

1873rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1873rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Avatar uploads are cropped to only use part of the image.

When I upload an image for the avatar, to your specs, the image is then cropped, I guess automatically for some unknown reason and only uses part of the image event though it shows the complete image when it is uploaded. Please fix this or tell me how I can get around it.

1873rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. receipts view doesn't work

The views "receipts" doesn't actually work. It's 80% promotional content vs. actual receipts.

1873rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Split Yahoo ID from email Alias into two different accounts

I have used the alias since it's beginning and would really like the option to split these into two different accounts. I only use my alias and no longer even log in with the main ID. So maybe even through a support ticket option we could have the ability to split them?

1873rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I don't want to keep clearing the cache to make Yahoo mail work, please fix this ****!!!

I don't want to keep clearing the cache to make Yahoo mail work, please fix this ****!!

1873rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1000 blocked addresses. Needs expanding!

In the past 6 weeks, my block list has gone from double digits to nearly 1000.

1000 is the current limit. This is wholly inadequate

As Yahoo has failed to respond to the many calls to allow domain blocking, or even TLD blocking, the very least they could do is expand the limit to 10,000. Should be considerably easier from an engineering perspective.

Unless, of course, Yahoo is profiting from spambot operators?

1873rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. .london domain

Are you going to add the .london domain as I can not update my contact who uses this domain for their email address.?

1873rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Can't see who sent email. Please reverse this change - I did not request it and it's stupid.

Only the subject line shows in list view - can't see who sent it. Makes it impossible to keep an eye out for an important email. Stupid idea. Please revert to showing sender, and then subject. Don't fix what isn't broken. Did I mention this is one of the stupidest things I've seen? Sack whoever had that brainwave. The other views are too clunky and don't show enough emails.

1873rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. increase the width of the folders Column in Yahoo Mail. Especially for desk top or lap top.

increase the width of the folders Column in Yahoo Mail. Especially for desk top or lap top.

1873rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add the ability to duplicate an existing contact list

The old Yahoo Mail had the ability to create a duplicate of an existing contact list, and then edit/revise it. YOU HAVE REMOVED THIS ESSENTIAL FEATURE. I cannot understand why you would do that.

I have a new list I wish to create. An old list contains 95% of the contacts I wish to have in the new list. Yet, in order to do that, it appears I must 1) export my ENTIRE contact list, 2) edit that list using Excel or other spreadsheet tool (reducing 3000 contacts to 90, which is incredibly time-consuming), and then 3) import the revised…

1873rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Why has the total number of unread emails sent to folders not been reinstated against the Folders heading?

On an earlier version the total number of unread emails was marked against the Folders heading, but the present version has removed it. I have 50 or more folders and have to scroll down to check for any unread emails in the folders. How does that make this version superior to all its predecessors?
    This point was raised in 2018 and reviewed in June 2018, but no action taken.

1873rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. cant add table

Why cant we add table in the mail body?

1873rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. use photo signature for out going mails

use photo signature for out going mails

1873rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. TURN OFF DUPLICATE EMAILS TO YOUR OWN EMAIL ADDRESS.

"CAN NOT TURN OFF, "SEND DUPLICATE EMAIL TO MY OWN EMAIL ADDRESS". SO WHEN I FORWARD AN EMAIL TO ANOTHER DIFFERENT PERSONS' EMAIL. MY EMAIL FORWARD SENDS A DUPLICATE TO THE NEW PERSON EMAIL ADDRESS...TOO MANY DUPLICATES IN 1 EMAIL. WHERE IN THE SETTINGS IS THIS TURN OFF BUTTON FOR DUPLICATE EMAILS TO MY OWN ADDRESS.

1005th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. By showing the contents of incoming email for which reply has been done

Hi, Yahoo mail should display the contents of incoming email through which the message has been replied in sent folders. It will create better impact of messages on authorized Yahoo mailbox owner. Sometimes Yahoo doesn't display the replied message in sent folder as an inline text attachment. Yahoo should provide rich text editor on mobile browsers too. Yahoo should experiment by applying auto translation feature of English words to the user's nation's language without any download on the concerned devices. Thank you!

1873rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 131 132
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base