US Yahoo News

HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
Hello and welcome to Yahoo News feedback forum and information center.

Your voice is important to us. This is a place for you to help shape the Yahoo News experience. Read below to learn more about our company, our editorial team and how to contact us. Our teams review the feedback from this forum to make positive changes to Yahoo News.

OUR COMPANY
Yahoo News is operated by Verizon Media, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Verizon. Yahoo, Yahoo News and all Verizon Media brands are part of the Verizon family of companies.

OUR TEAM
  • Alex Wallace: Head of Media and Content for Verizon Media
  • Lori Bongiorno: General Manager for Yahoo News, Entertainment, Life and MAKERS
  • Daniel Klaidman: Editor in Chief
  • Lauren Johnston: Head of Programming
  • Colin Campbell: Managing Editor
CONTACT US
To contact the Yahoo News editorial team to report issues or corrections, please email corrections@yahoonews.com.

SHARE FEEDBACK

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:
  • Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  • This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  • For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  • Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.
  • When providing feedback on an article, please include the URL and story headline. This will help us find the article faster.
The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Absolutely hate ads with sound!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will get an ad-blocker which blocks EVERYTHING if I have to!

Get rid of the ads with sound. I open multiple tabs at once in new windows and the blaring of five ads going at once makes me want to never ever in a million years come back here.

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Again and again, why is Ann Coulter showing up in news feed?

Again and again, why is Ann Coulter showing up in news feed... she is a pundit with an opinion. Remove her or place her in a different area.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I cannot swipe to enlarge on iPad

If we cannot enlarge a page....then we cannot read it!!! Right? Duh?? Perhaps you don't like the idea that your ads will be off-screen???

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. stop adding ads on

there is too much adds

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ads are bad enough, but allowing puppy mills to advertise? Pit Bulls?

I can't believe that you're allowing a mass breeder of pit bulls to advertise within the News section. Yahoo contributing to the exploitation of dogs, especially when the shelters are full to the brim of pits and hundred are euthanized every day, you're helping money grubbing internet-advertising puppy mills to get richer. Nice, real class act there, Yahoo.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Do no critisize Pres Obama!

about "This pen-and-phone business represents a pretty stunning admission from a president five years into his term – that he and his senior aides are still groping about for ways to wield the power of the office, and that they have essentially given up on legislating" on account of the all schools having high speed internet initiative of his - because he minds what benefits the majority. Instead, you should suggest to have everywhere free wifi access by means of 100 ft high up baloons in every neighborhood with plenty of ads, which is very good for you too!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Correct spelling mistakes - In headlines on Feb 25 it reads 'Seven reson India is still in recession ' vs correct spelling 'REASON'

In headlines on Feb 25 it reads 'Seven reson India is still in recession ' vs correct spelling 'REASON'

Spelling mistakes in such huge internet giant is not acceptable..

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Typo or Other Mistake  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Raleigh, NC local news no longer has News and Observer newspaper posted....why?

Put Raleigh News back in the Raleigh local news section...

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Bring back the NUMERICALLY size adjustment of fonts rather than 'Small, Normal, Large, Very Large' sizes.

I completely dislike the way the fonts are set up right now. I think the 'normal' for certain fonts is too small while the large is too large for the fonts. Could you please allow us to numerically assign a value to the font size rather than us having to select from an arbitrary list of sizes? Thanks.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. You need proofreaders

I get tired of seeing articles full of simple spelling errors and bad grammar. Does anyone proofread anything anymore?
    "You're ketchup is ready" ?!
    Hire me, i'll do it.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make sure you don't have the same preview photo for two different stories on political unrest in two different countries. (2/24/2014)

Make sure you don't have the same preview photo for two different stories on political unrest in two different countries. (2/24/2014)

On yahoo.com's main page, in the articles' previews, these two articles have the same preview photo, even though they're describing political unrest in Venezuela and the Ukraine.

https://news.yahoo.com/ukraine-issues-arrest-warrant-missing-leader-123251908--finance.html?vp=1

https://news.yahoo.com/elderly-march-venezuela-night-time-clashes-205715838.html?vp=1

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Too many Videos and Gallery items on my news feed

I prefer to read. In recent months, there has been an increase in videos and gallery selections. I'd prefer NOT to see them. Give me the option to turn them off and replace them with something more relevant to my taste.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Bring back the archive. I liked seeing the latest news at the top of the screen in date/time order. The new format is all but useless to me.

I don't like revisiting the page and having to scroll though what I've already seen to get at what I'm interested in. Put the "new" back in news please.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. make it easier to delete my older posts

fix what you are using now have a post from 4-6 months ago that I have deleted a dozen times that won't leave my comments

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Why can't I get new that isn't days old?

I don't mind articles that are a few days old but it get's annoying when all of the articles that yahoo recommends are several days old. I'm an avid user but I am sick of reading news that is 3-4 days old. These are articles that Yahoo is saying are recent stories. You do realize that your not the only news site right? I can often find something on an opposing site days before it's on yahoo and when it is finally on yahoo it is timestamped as being days old. They often sit their for days on ends afterwards…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Why yahoo can't orgenize news in their right sections ? You can find articles about Asia in the Mid. East section, & vs versa, and it is tru

Many times you'll find articles that don't belong in the section you find them, ie. Mid. East news in the Asia section, S. American in the Asian section and on and on.
    Is it so hard to make sure to post articles in the right sections ?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Factual Errors in the Story Below

http://news.yahoo.com/chicago-deep-freeze-cold-colder-coldest-181428384.html

Chicago has not has 26 days below zero, we have had 26 days when 0 is counted. We have had 23 days below zero, which is in 3rd place. We only reached -2 earlier this week, not -3. And Chicago has CERTAINLY had more than 6 years with below zero temps. I assume that sentence means to say that only 6 years HAVEN'T had temps below zero. Holy factual mess batman!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Typo or Other Mistake  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make deleting comments easier!

Make deleting comments easier. It would be great if instead of seeing an error message of "Sorry, we are having trouble connecting right now. Please try again" 50 times in a row, the comment would delete on the first try.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base