US Yahoo News

Welcome to our Yahoo News feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the Yahoo News experience and to contact our editorial team. We review the feedback from this forum to make positive changes to Yahoo News.

To contact the Yahoo News editorial team to report issues or corrections, please email corrections@yahoonews.com.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I've marked "See less from "enter news source here" and yet the keep REPEATEDLY showing up in my news feed. Specifically HUFFPOST. Why?!

I've marked "See less from "enter news source here" and yet the keep REPEATEDLY showing up in my news feed. Specifically HUFFPOST. Why?!

65th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Our Engineering team is looking into this. If you could let us know what about the “show less” option isn’t working we would appreciate it. Please provide specific publishers if possible.

Regards,
    Homepage Support

2. Stop having the main page ask me if I want Yahoo! to be my homepage when IT ALREADY IS MY HOMEPAGE!!!

Stop having the main page ask me if I want Yahoo! to be my homepage when IT ALREADY IS MY HOMEPAGE!!!

106th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Yahoo! main page not showing correctly

Yahoo! main page is not showing correctly on Chrome. Some of the links also do not automatically redirect like before; now I left click to show link in new tab. I would post a picture to let you see the error/bug but you ca see it if you use Chrome to view yahoo.com. I am on a Mac in case that is also helpful for the fix.

240th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Stop the news page from resetting itself when pausing auto-start videos!

Do us all a huge favor and PLEASE address the issue of the news page resetting itself every time we stop an auto-play video from starting on the news articles? We see an interesting article and of course the video auto-starts whether we want it to or not, and as soon as we stop the video the page instantly resets to the top of the news page. We then have to scroll back down and find the article again.
    It keeps happening and is INCREDIBLY ANNOYING. Thank you.

240th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 3 article stuck at top for 4 weeks in world news section

For the last 3 weeks, there have been 3 articles, starting with the one about Russia supporting Japan going to Iran to help mediate, stuck at the top in the https://www.yahoo.com/news/world/ section. Please fix.

165th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Until 2 days ago my Notifications for items would clear ...... not anymore for some reason and unable to find a reason OR RESOLVE!! Yahoo

NEWS - notifications of suggested News posts no longer clear, they just continue to add up. Shouldn't there be a setting for this ....

240th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Would be great if when I'm on my PC you don't send me to install an app and not take me to the actual article.

Would be great if when I'm on my PC you don't send me to install an app and not take me to the actual article.

Also, the web was designed to be universal, so on my phone I'm not going to install your ****** app, but it would be nice if you would let me get to the article instead of blocking me with stupid install the app pages. Guess I'll go to google news.

189th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Use Correct Categorization in News Feed!

Why is it, when I'm using the news.yahoo.com portal, and I click on the "US" link at the top, that I STILL get foreign news, outnumbering the links of actual US news (not the ads, not the not-news)? Are your automatic filters broken? I don't have this type of problem with the BBC or CNN or Fox News portals, why just you?

189th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. PLEASE PLEASE FIX YOUR "US NEWS" SITE...99.9% OF THE ARTICLES HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE US

PLEASE PLEASE FIX YOUR "US NEWS" SITE...99.9% OF THE ARTICLES HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE US

240th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. clicking on article pop-ups not opening the actual article

If I click a pop up for an article, I need to be able to read THAT article. There are a lot of complaints posted in the forum regarding unnecessary amount of clicks required to read a full article. I would agree with all of those. But at the very least, I should be able to eventually, with however many required clicks, be allowed to see the article I clicked on. But I have found that is not always the case. The reader might not actually ever find the article they had hoped to read.

165th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Navigation through Yahoo News continues to suck

Whenever you click to read an article and try to return to the news feed your place is lost and you are returned to the beginning of the news feed. It's too time consuming and annoying to figure out where you were and I find I just give up because I don't have all day to try to read the news.

240th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 189th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. All my comments got multiple red thumbs

All my comments got multiple thumbs down instantly and by the same amount, then later the number incremented by the same amount for each. Is this a bus or am I really unpopular?

240th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Tell Dylan Stableford to correct his ridiculous error in the Notre Dame fire! He said it took "two decades" to build??? Hardly!

It took 200 years to build Notre Dame Cathedral - that's two CENTURIES not two DECADES. Please have Stableford correct his embarrassing error.

189th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Report FACTS & yes, you can even highlight the good that is taking place since 1/20/17 & not a result of who came before

Quit your lying news 'reports' & get with the facts & the positive good that has taken place for us & our families & communities as a result of the current President Trump & his people! Your negativity about all he & his family do is wearisome. Yahoo News isn't even allowing comments on their fake stories..You are not the Yahoo News but rather a gossip smear destroy lives column. Sickening & shameful is Yahoo "News"....please do the right thing & STOP!

90th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Every article I open I get a live sports broadcast in the background.I dont want to hear the Yankees game! i want to t to read an article!

live sports casts automatically opening when trying to read an article is unwanted and will make me change my home page if not fixed

53rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I am unable to view replies to my comments. I click on them but nothing happens.

I am unable to view replies to my comments, I click on then but nothing happens.

90th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. When Presidents Lead

Since Yahoo added the " When Presidents Lead " section on the home page the home page itself has become a train wreck. Some news links will work, others will not. FIX IT !!!

124th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Display problems when scrolling

When I select a news article from the main yahoo page, the next page is a "preview" of the news article along with other news items below and also news and ads listed along the right side in separate "boxes". When I scroll this web page, those "boxes" then appear along the left side covering the text of my news article that I'm trying to read

240th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Remove the floating search bar that overlay the news page

you cant read the yahoo categories because the floating search bar overlays the top of the page

143rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base