How can we improve New Mail?

I would like to be able to directly open attachments, rather than download them.

29th ranked
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Nathan Flaherty shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

19 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Kelly Humble commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do NOT want to SAVE every attachment I download from an email attachment! Is there an option to fix this??

• Lou Dinzeo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can open pictures but if I copy the picture and it's a GIF, when I paste to a new email or an existing email the animation is gone. How can I fix this issue?

• Irene Nkado commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see that not being able to open an attachment on yahoo mail in box has been going on for sometime. What is the solution to this problem. I have my lecture notes on pdf but they won't open.
    Just what is the steps to open an attachment in yahoo mail?
    Thanks for a prompt response

• Bob Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Quit forcing attachment downloads!!! You need to put back the option for opening dowloads in the appropriately chosend program.. Its causing too much wasted time and space on peoples computers.

• Greg Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On any emails I receive ALL of the jpg are not shown and I cannot open, what is the problem and how can I fix.

• ahmad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

in your new version is not possible to open attachment before download! WHY????
    I want to return old version.

• Don Fiscus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I want to save an em (including attachment) there is the Move function. If I want to save only the attachment then there is the cut and paste into a word processing program. Dump the 'must save' function.

• joyce rader commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The guy is right. We once were able to view an attachment to decide if we want to keep them. Now we waste space in memory by downloading stuff we don't want. Some downloads require extra steps and other programs just to open and view--time waster.

• Barry Wallis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

cant open any mp4 attachments - your message says to whitepage yahoo - cant get that to work - i just waste time for no result - if it wasnt such a task i would change to g - mail

• Linda Arnett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Downloading just to view an attachment loads up unnecessary documents. Stupid idea. Hate this new version. Attachments, contacts, printing is just totally user UNFRIENDLY.

• Jurga Martini commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to download attachments -- or view them. But pressing the 'attachment' icon does nothing. there is no 'download attachment' menu choice, no context menu, and forwarding does not forward attachments.

Feedback and Knowledge Base