How can we improve New Mail?

Improve your Spam filters PLEASE.

I nearly deleted my account because of it. I'm sick to the back teeth of receiving emails regarding African Lottery wins, being the beneficiary of an inheritance, dodgy high end labelled goods at ridiculously low prices and the links to **** dating sites. It's shameful that Yahoo, who have some of the best IT guys in the world working for them can't get this right. My computer is a family computer that my kid has access to.

38th ranked
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jason Dollery shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

122 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All my Facebook messages are hitting the spam account and I miss all of it. Please fix the problem or I will drop ymail and go to another email address.

I keep having to dig through my SPAM folder to get out email that should not be there. I keep marking it as Not Spam, but next time I check I have mail that is correspondence from my elected officials back in the SPAM folder. Is there a way to permanently mark certain mail as NOT SPAM? Thanks!

• Nancy Dury commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am still getting daily trash. *** ads and invitations. I've changed my password and reported but I still get a huge naked picture inviting me to join. What more can I do, I don't want to see it!!!

• Fingers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

my question is if they are able to detect that this is spam and move to your spam filter, why send the **** at all? how about an answer to this one yahoo? you in cahoots with the scammers and spammers?

I'm finding mail in spam that should be inboxed! some days my spam folder looks like my inbox should look there is so much misplaced mail in it. from regular sources! and when I didn't check missed important messages! this is unacceptable. used to work fine with only an occasional error, now its every day I have to go thu spam folder half of which should be in my inbox! whatever you changed, change it back!

• Jeff in AZ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Spam now shown as the 'bulk' folder? makes zero sense. used to say 'spam' folder empty. meaning no spam. Still Verizon has no control it appears, over spam at all.
    Constantly the SAME senders, appear in my spam folder...many times no matter if their address has been put in the proper place to not have it anymore appear as spam. No other online email service has this problem, Verizon must make profit off the spammers.

• Nisar AHMAD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My e-mail account is hacked the hacker can open my account and send e-mail to others on my behalf please do something to secure my account.

• Jeffrey A Hunter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make it easier to apply/create folder filters to new emails. Allow a user the ability to create a filter as one of the mailbox options when I select a email. Once selected and I hit the more button, add a create/modify filter option that will create a new filter with the from information of the email or allow me to select an existing filter to modify.

• Mike Brouillette commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, Been seeing a lot of spam getting through over the last month. When an email starts with *** or !!! in the title, don't you think it's spam? If this keeps up, I might as well go to Gmail or some other service.

• Nancy King commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am receiving so darn much spam with foul language and I do not open any of it but words are shown on initial list. I try to BLOCK SENDERS !!! this is a useless option just seems I get more. I am in my late 70's and do not/have not visited any adult sites. Yahoo you sure need to address this issue NOW A very angry old person!!!

Despite contacting Yahoo Customer Care about the ever increasing receipt of unwanted and unrequested 'invites to view ****** and other pictures' and despite having some 500 addresses blocked, filtered etc. Yahoo's servers continue to let in this filth ! I get nothing like this on my Google Account. When are Yahoo going to improve their spam filters ?

• Liz Armbruster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is my biggest complaint. I am sick & tired of sending the same **** from my inbox to my Spam folder day after day after day after day...……..get the picture Yahoo?

I've been getting a LOT of spam delivered to my inbox lately. What gives? Google is excellent at filtering spam, why not Yahoo?

• Phil S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

About 50% of my mail is now spam. These guys got this spam filter beat! I'm going to transition away from yahoo mail. gmail doesn't have this issue, it's doing great at keeping my inbox clean. I'm switching starting today.

posts that should be going to inbox are in spam and vice versa. it was working fine until a month or so ago don't know what changed but change it back, please! I'm looking at other email programs, it really sucks the way yahoo is not working now!

• Jeanne Roberts commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too, am fed up with all the spam that comes into my inbox. This never happened before and you need to go back to the old versions and stop this spam. I don't want erectile dysfunction spam, any ****** ads, or any ads that come from the spam folder. Everyday I have to clean up the spam throughout the day and I am sick of it already!

• Scott Stratton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Up until a day ago e-mail's from my wife would automatically go into my inbox. And now it's dumping them into spam. And it ****** me off, because everytime I reply to one of her messages it sends her the entirety of the conversation in every message.

• Frank Quinn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm in a fair number of Yahoo Groups. About 20% of the legit group emails go directly into the spam folder of my yahoo email address. Good God, if Yahoo cannot recognize these as legit, there isn't hope at all for their spam filtering.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base