New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I HATE that you forced me to change my inbox. Please return to my old format

dont force the change, I dont want it and it looks like others dont either

24th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  183 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 79th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  141 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I hate the colors, please bring back my old pretty back ground

my old background was much more pleasing to me, please bring it back

115th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  56 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 125th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Classic Mail

I want the Classic Yahoo mail back as it was easy to understand and better.

85th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 25th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  82 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. all the backgrounds are too dark and the white background is too bright

provide some pastel coloured backgrounds which are more restful on the eyes, particularly for more elderly users!

163rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  20 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. New mail format is awful

New mail format is awful. It needs more contrast. The line work should be darker, it blends in WAY TOO MUCH with the white background.

321st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Improve Themes. Currently only 4 photos to choose from.

There used to be a huge choice of themes. Now we have four photos to choose from. Very disappointing. Please resolve.

337th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 345th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. YOU CHANGED MY BACKGROUND/THEME. I WANT IT BACK

I WANT MY OLD BACKGROUND i HAD WITH THE WATER. IT WAS TEAL BLUE/GREEN. IT'S STILL ON MY NOTEPAD. HOW DO I GET IT BK FOR MY EMAIL????

385th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. THEMES

These new themes are not attractive!!! There should be theme that are stimulating and inspirational. Themes like nature, geography, landscape, astronomy and other subjects.

71st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  149 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. font is too light

The font is too small and too light. Many of us CANNOT see it. PLEASE change the setting or allow us to darken the FONT

463rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. the background settings are a total mess, please change it back.

the background settings are a total mess, please change it back.

278th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I don't care for the new format. It is very faded and hard to see. Too white and light gray.

The old format was easier to see. This new one is too faded. Gray on white just doesn't work.

53rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  37 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. The old format was easier to read

1. It's very slow. Moving the cursor back to correct an error is even slower.
    2. Reverse type (white on a color) is never a good idea, as each screen user gets a slightly different result.
    3. Sans-serif reverse type, using a thin font makes the whole page much harder to read.
    4. There seems to have been little user-testing. I know, I know, if it's free, the users become the beta test. This isn't working for me.

62nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I don't want to switch to bare-bones "classic mail", I just want the same new mail format I had until yesterday.

The huge space on the right with unnecessary info about the sender... the choice between a blinding white background or a ridiculously dark one... switching back doesn't take me to the "previous version", it takes me to an unpleasant basic version and doesn't solve the problem. I don't think my eyes can use this new format, sorry and hope you consider the option of keeping it how it was until now.

378th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Need lighter background options/not white

I need more background options that have lighter colors. The colors are too dark under "dark" and the only option for light is to have a white screen in the center, which is taxing on the eyes. Pastels people!!

527th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 97th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. too much wasted space on the screen.

too much wasted space on the screen.

17th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  143 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base