New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our community support forum or find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve New Mail?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Classic Mail

I want the Classic Yahoo mail back as it was easy to understand and better.

438th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. stationery

Your stationery is pitiful!!! Is this the best you can do? I want to send out a Thanksgiving email, and there is NO stationery!!!!

553rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. All THEMES only come with white text, please offer some in BLACK text for easier reading

Can you offer THEMES that have BLACK text also as the newest Yahoo mail only has white. The Classic had some BLACK ones which I found much easier to read. Thank you.

648th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Do not display foul material to users by way of the margins or otherwise. Further such shall result in report of the website.

Do not display foul content. Such should be censored and any further such breach shall result in report of the website. Be under no illusion there.

1150th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Themes and Backgrounds are lacking

More backgrounds, seasonal, holidays or customize your own with a picture in your personal gallery. That would be nice to have. I just went to change my background to something Christmas but nothing. I couldn't find anything for Thanksgiving or fall. Almost December and no background to show it. ]

648th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Need to have black text

In order for me to use the new Mail format, I would need to have the option of having black text with a colored background. Right now, the only option is white text on a colored background. Until that is changed, I won't be using the latest version. I am going to go back to using the Classic Mail.

648th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. By letting us customize our back grounds cause you guys don't give us enough choices.

We need to be a loud to customize our back grounds cause you only give us three choices.

648th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. all the backgrounds are too dark and the white background is too bright

provide some pastel coloured backgrounds which are more restful on the eyes, particularly for more elderly users!

648th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 648th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Need artwork in Mail Signature, It seems a bit ridiculous that feature is not enabled. It was possible in the past.

You Need to add artwork in Mail Signature, It seems a bit ridiculous that feature is not enabled. It was possible in the past. Especially odd since I actually pay for the email service. The year is 2018, not 1999.

648th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Theme in Notepad - Not Available As a Mail Theme

I love the blueish-greenish background color that seems to be automatic in the 'Yahoo Notepad' and would like to use it as well in Yahoo Mail but I can't find it or anything like it as a 'theme' in mail. Am I missing something?

A Yahoo representative responded:

I just gone through the issue and the note pad theme which is coming is in Classic mail version but the account is in New mail version.

Since you have a Yahoo account through one of our network partners, you cannot access the Classic Mail any more. I can see how that'd…

1150th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. can you please offer a Hanukkah stationary option to compose an email in?

can you please offer a Hanukkah stationary option to compose an email in?

1150th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Dec is nearly upon us

2 more sleeps and it will be Dec 1st. Could you please remove the Autumn leaves and give us some snowmen and Christmas trees to decorate our e-mail with. I so love this feature, especially the sock monkeys.

1150th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Stationary Backgrounds

Could we get a change of season that relates to the current season? It is cold and snow where I am yet I can only choose Autumn leaves?

1150th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. You people are impossible tone deaf idiots , remove the ads or give an option to stop them,my internet is not free , I pay for it

REMOVE ALL ADVERTISEMENTS OR GIVE USERS THE OPTION TO TURN THEM OFF.. ONE OF THE REASONS WHY I USE YAHOO MAIL FOR NOTHING BUT JUNK IS BECAUSE OF THE INCESSANT ADS.
    YOU PEOPLE ARE SIMPLY MORONS ... PEOPLE TUNE OUT ADS WHEN BUSY WITH IMPORTANT TASKS ..THEY ARE NOTHING MORE THAN A NUISANCE.. BUT SAME AS THE PREVIOUS MY SUGGESTION WILL NOT PENETRATE YOUR EXTRA THICK SKULLS.

1150th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Stop messing around with s and arty ********. get back to basics. I have just spent 2 hours trying to change my mo

Well, this says it all. I have just spent two hours online trying to change my mobile number on this crapola Yahell. I click on the settings icon and get half a page of pretty bloody designs. I am not decorating my lounge FFS.. I am looking for information. Did I find it? NOOO. I go online and find a video that explains how to do it. It looks familiar. I go back to my account. Of course. Yahell has completely changed the ******* format. I am out of here. Slowly but surely, everything is being umuted away from this…

1150th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Delete Icon Move back to Left or allow user to choose where desired

New Theme pushed around early November moved trash can on line item over to right. This is not user flow friendly. between location and hard to see highlights too much eye movement to delete single items. Major usability backward step.

I saw a similar request closed for input posted more than a month ago. I don't understand why it was closed if just pushed out to my themes Nov. 2018.

Very user unfriendly. Increases chances for errors greatly!

Maybe you could have ability for us to move columns around... like other software. (Commonly done - masks etc...) I understand may…

1150th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. the 'width of the ad section should be less wide; it takes up too much space and is only annoying!

so everyone agrees the add space is only annoying your followers--
    companies need to wake-up and stop annoying their clients with their invasive adds- terrance Sydney: who agrees?

239th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. the background settings are a total mess, please change it back.

the background settings are a total mess, please change it back.

465th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. hard to read

Why did you close all "the hard to read" issues.

1) Content in left rail, hard to read
    2) List of email in main area, hard to read
    3) Navigation once in an incoming email, replies and the like, hard to read
    Really, are you trying to drive people to GMail?

648th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

New Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base