New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Apple creates a "Bulk" folder for Yahoo spam

I try to sync my mail server on my Imac with my Yahoo mail... Yahoo causes Apple to have a "Bulk" folder separate from SPAM and acts as if I have new mail instead of ignoring the Spam.
    I plan to elliminate Yahoo Mail from my life because I'm tired of seeing that I have all these new emails that just end up being from my Yahoo SPAM.

2762nd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with: Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2762nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. FIX THE SPAM FOLDER

Fix the spam folder from taking all the regular email. l have to check the spam folder every time I check mail and my mail is in the spam folder.

1887th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Spam Not Spam

I just found a very important e-mail that was sitting in Spam for a few weeks and I cannot tell you how angry I am..... If I have e-mails from first time senders how am I supposed to know their addresses ahead of time to mark them not spam. Maybe place an indicator of the number of emails in spam or that there are emails in spam so that at a glance I would think to check. Mostly this folder is empty. Very upset.

2762nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. old mails & details

Dear Concerned,
    Since 2006 i have a membership in Yahoo mail, but unfortunately
    last 10 years i am not using yahoo id and now i want to use yahoo. please advise how being get all the old mails and photos from Yahoo.
    Please help me asap.

1887th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Glitch in creating folder and moving currently open email

I wanted to report a glitch. When you have an email open and select 'move to' then 'create new', it will give a confirmation message that the folder was created successfully and the email has been moved to that folder. However, when you 'x out' of the email, that one is still in the inbox and the email received just before it has been moved to the new folder. It's a minor inconvenience, but I wanted to report it for reference.

2762nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Many of my emails are going straight to trash. They are not Spam and were not blocked. Please help!

Many of my emails are going straight to trash. They are not Spam and were not blocked. Please help!

1887th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Large number not spam getting into SPAM folder

Hi Team, More often recently started seeing that many emails from valid sources are getting into SPAM folder, I keep on clicking Not Spam still see it gets into SPAM folder. Fix this issue and check if you can have Trusted domain for valid email address recognizing so that any email from such valid and trusted domains will be delivered into Inbox.

1887th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Need help for create Rules for incoming mail have to in their folder as our created.

Need help for create Rules for incoming mail have to in their folder as our created.

2762nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. smart folders should have the option to be marked as read

smart folders should have the option to be marked as read

2762nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Your Spam Filters are Way Off the Mark

Emails from banks, stock exchanges, credit card alerts, OTPs, all are going to spam folder. Seems like your developers have taken leave of their senses. Or is this the work of your immature AI. What ever, Yahoo needs to rectify this problem most urgently. We are better off with some spam instead of losing our most important communications.

2762nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. what happened to my old folders????

Bring back my old folders please!

2762nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Mail Filter capability must be Hugely Improved.

I have been using Yahoo mail for a very long time now and I am a happy customer. Having said that, The Mail Filter capability of yahoo mail must be Hugely improved and there is a vast scope for that. I have created more than 30 folders and I am not able to direct my mails automatically to the folders by setting filters to them. There is HUGE scope for development in this area. Hope someone from Yahoo will look into it, to take advantage over GMAIL and other competitors.

2762nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Political/Racist Spam Filtering

I've noticed that emails from Black Lives Matter, the NAACP's Legal Defense Fund, and Joe Biden's campaign keep getting directed to my spam folder, no matter how many times I've marked them as NOT SPAM. Come on Yahoo - are you seriously considering these to be spam?

2762nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Setting > Message Layout > Right -- Show me What Folder the messages are in!

When the layout is set to bottom, where the list of messages is on top and the message body is below I am able to search for messages, and the list of results show me for each message which folder the message is in. But when using the message layout with right side and I search for messages the results come up, but I can't tell what folder a message is in. This is critically important for me, given the way I use folders to organize and archive messages or have messages that need my attention etc... It would be…

1518th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. whitelist

How can I get a customized filter to work, to whitelist an entire domain? ALL of our important e-mails from the school (one entire domain) are going to SPAM - and the filter for that domain doesn't appear to work at keeping all contacts with the same domain out of spam. Very frustrating and persistent.

2762nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Stop putting my mail into the SPAM folder when it's NOT Spam !

Don't put mail into Spam folder just because you think it is Spam you crazy fools

2762nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I can't search within a folder.

Allow search by folder. I found an item that says select the folder from the searchin field, but I don't have that field.

2762nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I dont see old emails and folders

I suddenly realized that all the old emails and folder has been deleted by Yahoo. Tried hard to get some online help but nothing works. how can i get these old mails restored

2762nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Tell me when something's in Spam

You continue to put valid emails in my spam folder and what's worse, you don't tell me when I have something in there. So just by chance I look to find several emails that should have gone into my in box days or weeks ago. If you can't fix the fact that valid contacts should not go in the spam folder, then at least TELL ME WHEN THERE'S SOMETHING IN THERE.

1106th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base