New Mail Basic

Welcome to our Yahoo Basic Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Basic Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Basic Mail provides base functionality like reading and writing messages, but does not include many of the advanced options. To use these features, we recommend upgrading to full-featured version of Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. 58th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 58th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Don't force phone recovery

I have already (reluctantly) given you an e-mail address as a form of recovery. Please stop trying to persuade me to use my phone number as well. I have used yahoo for almost 20 years and this is enough to make me migrate to another e-mail address provider entirely. Please stop, you already have an alternative e-mail address and I can give you more but I do not want to link my phone number with my e-mail address.

68th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. How can you improve?? Go back to the old version! It's that simple.

I have to click inbox for new emails to arrive.
    I don't want the email to open when I click on the title.
    It doesn't automatically enter addresses when entering a letter in the "To" line.
    Don't see a print button.
    Where is the option for a "reading pane" under the inbox listing.
    I could go on, but don't have time. I'm spending too much time trying to make the new version work.

63rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. the writing is too small and too light. I can barely read it properly

the writing is too small and too light. I can barely read it properly

63rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. User control of ad variables;e.g. flashing ads, workspace area

The 'ad' space uses more screen that is necessary. Allow the user to dictate 'ad space' requirements. of better yet, a widget button thats
    allows acknowledgement , click then removes ad to increase work space. Flashing ads are very distracting- again, a widget or button to control or quiet down visual noise. I fully understand that ads pay for service. However, distracting ads drive away users.

63rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Poniendo el antiguo

El antiguo correo básico se veía mejor.Era muy cómodo.Muy sencillo.Y visualmente mucho mejor.

63rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I am visually impaired. The new color scheme is blinding and make it unreadable. There is no settings button.

I am visually impaired. Your color scheme is blinding and unreadable. Also I turned off all of my spam filters yet items still end up in spam that should not. This includes information about jobs, hobby related items and most suspiciously conservative emails, news, White House emails, etc. Frankly I am at the end of my rope with you people.

63rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Remove AD on first line in the Inbox

It's clearly placed there purposely so people would click on it by mistake taking it for the first email on top.

68th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Je veux revenir a l'ancienne version. MERCI

Je veux revenir a l'ancienne version. MERCI

68th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Revert back.. this is lame and unnecessary....

By the number of responses....Yahoo is messing up... It would be much wiser to allow the user the option to keep the classic settings. Changes like this are bleak.. and trust yahoo will allow a revert.. instead of thinking that once people get used to it.. they will accept it... it is dismal and most distasteful.. too many unnecessary changes out there and now this?????????

74th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. yahoo has ruined mail

Yahoo has no made millions of clients mad as H over htis mail **** if it aint broke leave ita lone and bring back and put back all settings for the old classic mail oh and fire the person or persons that did this or thought we wanted change we DID NOT point made your new version sucks look at all the comments we hate it POINT MADE

68th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Imposer une nouvelle version aussi mauvaise est du pur sadisme.

Imposer une nouvelle version aussi mauvaise est du pur sadisme.

68th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Doesn't work with VPN line. New mail is broken have to turn off VPN to send msgs! DUMB

New mail Doesn't work with VPN line. New mail is broken have to turn off VPN to send msgs! DUMB! FIX IT or go back to old!

68th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I still prefer the legacy Yahoo mail layout where I can see the total number of unread emails. Right it's only showing 999+. I hate this.

I still prefer the legacy Yahoo mail layout where I can see the total number of unread emails. Right it's only showing 999+. I hate this.

74th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The new mail system is totally lame and screwed up. Nearly all the good old features are lost, and this is supposed to be an improvement?

I cannot upgrade my browsers (the computer won't handle it), so I have to remain with the old mail version. But now you have screwed up the good old Yahoo mail, destroying all its helpful features. People tell me it is time to move on to Gmail. I will, unless you bring back the old mail. In fact, I am also a paying business customer, and that mail system got screwed up as well!!

74th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. what the f**k is this sh*t now i cant delete ant emails. Give me my old inbox back of i go

what the f*k is this sht now i cant delete any emails. Give me my old inbox back or i go.
    If you have a kindle open your inbox and you can delete the emails,how stupid is that.GIVE ME BACK MY OLD INBOX

74th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 信箱不要老是改版,還要強迫用戶改用新版,設計不人性也就算了,還醜的一蹋糊塗,難用到讓人一肚子火,如果網頁設計人員很閒,可以另外找事情給他們做,不要老是改版,還越改越爛!

信箱不要老是改版,還要強迫用戶改用新版,設計不人性也就算了,還醜的一蹋糊塗,難用到讓人一肚子火,如果網頁設計人員很閒,可以另外找事情給他們做,不要老是改版,還越改越爛!

74th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Why you force people to have another new ROTTEN yahoo email

Why you force people to have another new ROTTEN yahoo email

74th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. put it back-quit fixing things that aren't broken-you are getting as stupid as a government!

Put it back, quit fixing things that are not broken-you are getting as stupid as a government

74th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

New Mail Basic

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base