New Mail Basic

Welcome to our Yahoo Basic Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Basic Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Basic Mail provides base functionality like reading and writing messages, but does not include many of the advanced options. To use these features, we recommend upgrading to full-featured version of Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. Leave it alone, you risk loosing important emails which people do not want to lose.

Leave it alone, you risk loosing important emails which people do not want to lose.

60th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stop with the newer versions. Make it look like the old version, just hide the new **** in a 'special' area for those who want those things.

Just make it look and act like the older, simpler version but have a 'special functions' button in settings where those who want the new stuff can get at it with the new stuff just adding to the frame.

60th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I see no one here that likes the new Yahoo Mail

I see no one here in favor of the new Yahoo Mail. Yet, Yahoo wants to continue to force it down our throats. I don't know if it's true or not, but I heard Google was getting rid of their e-mail. I wonder if Juno still has their free e-mail service. At any rate, it appears that the lack of competition is allowing Yahoo to do any dang thing they want.

60th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. pls add the safe feature to see who is sending the message without opening the message

Passing the mouse over who is sending the message (hotmail, gmail allow us) allow us to see the real hacker name and so, we can send him/her to a report folder also needed if you really want to capture hackers....and .... we do not have to open that message!
    We all would really appreciate that feature.

60th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. quiero volver a la version clasica,es mejor para trabajar

quiero volver a la version clasica,es mejor para trabajar

65th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Did you get your inspiration from "New Coke" ? Who came up with this balled up mess?

Go back, go back, go back .....there's no place like home.

65th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 65th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. New version it is so BAD

New version it is so BAD

65th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. bring back the stationary

Bring back the stationary.What where you thinking??The recipients enjoy the stationary as do the senders.Otherwise it is a cookie cutter version of every single e-mail on the web.It is not unique now nor pleasing.So listen to your customers bring back the stationary.Please and thank you for not ignoring us.

75th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. You've changed my yahoo email format again without my request or permission. HATE IT!! HATE IT!! HATE IT!!!

STOP CHANGING THE YAHOO EMAIL FORMAT!!! HATE IT, HATE IT, HATE IT. Did not request this new format, can't read any of my emails, can't check what is in spam, HATE IT, HATE IT, HATE IT!!

69th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Put my account BACK to the format is was!! I can't cnage the font or ink color or add emojies and my "To" fileld will not populateemailadd

Put my account BACK to the format is was!! I can't change the font or font color or add emojies and my "To" field when sending an email no longer populates any address's...most of which I do not know b/c they automatically populated. **** you yahoo...I really hate when you do this shiot!!

69th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. put the reading pane back! I HATE this new set up.

Put back the email to the way it was!

69th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. If you are not going to listen to the literal thousands of unhappy people, then what is the point of this "feedback" page???

If you are not going to listen to the literal thousands of unhappy people, then what is the point of this "feedback" page??? Stop changing s h i t that doesn't need to be changed. Everyone hates this new ****. Are you blind or just stupid?

69th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. ESTE NUEVO CAMBIO NO ME GUSTO, NO PUEDO PEGAR FOTOS, LO QUE HACIA ERA COPIAR DE MI PAGINA DE FOTOS FAMILIARES Y PEGARLAS EN YAHOO CORREO

ESTE NUEVO CAMBIO NO ME GUSTO, NO PUEDO PEGAR FOTOS, LO QUE HACIA ERA COPIAR DE MI PAGINA DE FOTOS FAMILIARES Y PEGARLAS EN YAHOO CORREO

69th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Don't want, Didn't ask.

If I wanted a change I would ask. I like what I like. Works fine. Every time you want change we don't. Keep the same or loose too stupid. Stupid is as Stupid does.

69th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. i only get so many of my emails in the new mail **** .the old one worked fine..now im missing most of my emails. I want the classic back

bring back classic email.......i only have emails now from June 14th ..where are the rest of them or do you just delete now

77th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Don't like the look of this change in yahoo mail

Last night I went to look at my credit card account and when I got back in my email yahoo it says that it has change to this new one. I liked it the old way because you could click the drop down to go to your folder but now you have to click the folder name and then press apply. I know after a few days I will get used to it but it bugs me!!! I think the cancel button is in a different place so you have to get used to that too!!!! THIS KIND OF SUCKS!!!!!…

75th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I hate hate hate this version - this will make me change my email to another carrier unless it is changed back!

I hate hate hate this version. I will have to change my email to another carrier unless it is changed back asap! Did I say this...it is awful.

77th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I hate that the delete button is now all the way to the right. Put it back where it was next to the message title.

I hate that the delete button is now all the way to the right. Put it back where it was next to the message title. When I am skimming through my emails, I have to take my eye off of the titles, go all the way to the right to find the delete button. By then, I end up selecting the wrong email to delete. PUT IT BACK WHERE IT WAS!!!!

77th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. quiero la versión anterior, YAYAYAYAYAYA

quiero la versión anterior, YAYAYAYAYAYA

77th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)