New Mail Basic

Welcome to our Yahoo Basic Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Basic Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Basic Mail provides base functionality like reading and writing messages, but does not include many of the advanced options. To use these features, we recommend upgrading to full-featured version of Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. Don't force phone recovery

I have already (reluctantly) given you an e-mail address as a form of recovery. Please stop trying to persuade me to use my phone number as well. I have used yahoo for almost 20 years and this is enough to make me migrate to another e-mail address provider entirely. Please stop, you already have an alternative e-mail address and I can give you more but I do not want to link my phone number with my e-mail address.

41st ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Yahoo Mail is used by Basic Mail Only under SRWare Iron

I am using SRWare Iron version 74.0.3850.0 64-bit and I have noticed that Yahoo Mail (the Basic Version) works on this browser. SRWare Iron should be supported on the "New" version of Yahoo Mail. On top of that, I have submitted a letter that was on May 28, 2019 regarding this issue and this idea may fall deaf (may not be considered to be accepted) because: (1) the response to this issue/idea has a 98% chance of having someone that doesn't understand English very well to misinterpret this and (2) having a forum support doesn't hold up very well in…

41st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. ability to switch back and forth

I have to accounts, I have to log out of one and log into the other, I used to be able to hover over my name and switch back n forth. bring back that function.

43rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. go back to the previous version!! Can no longer have multiple emails open (tabs are gone) and hoveriing over an email address no longer

go back to the previous version!! Can no longer have multiple emails open (tabs are gone) and hovering over an email address no longer

43rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. show me how to get out of the nightmare of having to f*ing click YES i wanted to f*ing sign out when I just f*ing clicked to f*ing sign out

show me how to get out of the nightmare of having to fing click YES i wanted to fing sign out when I just fing clicked to fing sign out

43rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Bring back the drag and dop function

The drag and drop function for sorting emails to different mail boxes worked great but now I can't do it.

46th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. small changes

Every time you change the format, it takes precious time away from my work and personal projects. I would suggest IF you MUST change the look, do very small, minor changes at a time. I do not know if the big changes are due to necessary updating systems or because you are feeding into the current societal need for something new all the time. Please stop.

46th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Flawed wrap around and justification on word processing

Just want to point out there is a problem with the word processing aspects of the email program, specifically with justification of the margins and wrap around of the text onto the next line. Words as short as "be" or "an" are being broken up into 2 lines of text. The word "the" was broken into "t" on one line and "he" on the next line. The word "top" was broken into "to" on one line and "p" on the next. At first I thought this was due to adding new text into the middle of existing text, but it…

46th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Quote messages with the good ol' greater-than sign.

I have to click THREE times to get the text of the message to which I'm replying in plain-text and it isn't even quoted. Ridiculous. Even Netscape Communicator was not this brain-dead, and that's saying a lot.

46th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. FIX THE **** BUGS!!!! And stop using stupid phone style icons!

As soon as more than one screenfull of text is typed, the editor constantly moves the text out of view, so one is typing blind; no amount of window repositioning makes any difference.

The new icon buttons are utterly stupid, inconsistent and unwanted. I want buttons with Text! I am not using a ruddy smartphone!

And why does downloading an attachment now create an extra tab that then becomes null? What idiot coded that?

Why is the count of emails in the Drafts folder now just 999+ instead of a proper number? Do you think people are scared of big…

50th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. the new email can't type double words like oo, uu, ee

the new one sucks and can't type double words liked double o, u, or e.
    Also, can't type the other languages

50th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Remove the scrolling of everything!!!!!!

When scrolling all your folders and emails scrolls together, which is a pain.
    It was better when just you email you were reading only scrolled. BRING BACK BASIC!!

52nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Cannot seggergate contacts under different headings

In the contacts area I cannot seggregate the contacts under different headings.

Yahoo please provide that facility

The new contacts which I added on my yahoo contacts is not reflecting in yahoo mail app

Please rectify the mistake at the earliest

52nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. SPAM and DELETE buttons are too close together!

When deleting email, I am accidentally clicking the SPAM button because the two are too close together!!!! I started wondering why I was no receiving and discovered they were going to SPAM. The two buttons need a larger separation space!

52nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Keep CLASSIC Mail for only Yahoo Mail PRO (PAID) custce. It will mean a steady revenue stream for you, If someone so lik

Keep CLASSIC Mail for only Yahoo Mail PRO (PAID) customers only as a choice. It will mean a steady revenue stream for you, If someone so likes CLASSIC MAIL interface as so many f these thousands of comments bear out, let people pay for it.

Are you not listening to the Voice of the Customer. For months on end, there has been a spate of negative comments about your new interface, Do you simply attribute every comment to CHANGE RESISTANCE? If you do that, then SHAME ON YOU YAHOO MAIL ! Shame on you!. You really run a terrible business…

52nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. message encoding setting is missing in NEW Yahoo Mail

message encoding setting is missing in NEW Yahoo Mail - regional characters are scrambled, PLEASE FIX so we can see correct text displayed

52nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Once you switch to the new Yahoo sign out and then back in and all functions will work like they did before!

Once you switch to the new Yahoo sign out and then back in and all functions will work like they did before! Maybe a short video tutorial of the new changes and how to adjust to them would be helpful for those GEEZERS who don't know how/like to adapt to change! I like the new layout. FRESH is FRESH!!!

52nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I can no longer write in Hebrew (right to left).

I can no longer write in Hebrew (right to left). Not in the new UI and not in the classic. Not on the web and not in the android application.
    This is very sad

52nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. text mode only Yahoo Mail

I work with a ssh (secure shell session).
    So I vi editor, emacs editor, lynx web browser and so on.
    Why not a Yahoo Mail interface for all that?
    It would be without the various add-ons and basic, without calls to javascript and such [Hurrah!!!

59th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 59th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

New Mail Basic

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base