New Mail Basic

Welcome to our Yahoo Basic Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Basic Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Basic Mail provides base functionality like reading and writing messages, but does not include many of the advanced options. To use these features, we recommend upgrading to full-featured version of Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. 41st ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. you force me to you a new Yahoo mail and it doesn't work. What the **** is wrong with you guys. Give me the old version back that actually w

you force me to use a new Yahoo mail and it doesn't work. What the **** is wrong with you guys. Give me the old version back that actually works. Doesn't seem like Im the only one who thinks this. You guys get paid to **** **** up, top effort.

42nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I wanted to switch back to the old version because it was easier to add filters/rules for my mails but that feature is all gone.

I wanted to switch back to the old version because it was easier to add filters/rules for my mails but that feature is all gone. You can't rightclick to add filters/rules so now both versions of Yahoo! mail are useless to me. Please bring back the rightclick to add filters and let us use split screen to read mails.

42nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. the spam folder does not warn me when I receive mail.

Surely this must be a bug ? My old yahoo mail I could see if I received any spam, it would tell me how many without having to open the folder.

Every week I receive important mail that ends up in the spam folder and now I dont know how many I receive. Fix asap.

44th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Why are you forcing your users doing the beta testing of FAILED coding

Here's a thought code your "new email" to look and feel the the classic mail I have been using for over 20 years.... ask users to volunteer to test your new code instead of throwing out code that is balatently flawed.....Fail in management...Fail in coding... Fail in testing.... never beta test in the public domain...and you wonder why Yahoo is losing market share

44th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Stop changing! You have achieved nothing but upsetting customers. Awful design

Stop changing! You have achieved nothing but upsetting customers. Awful design and you constant auto playing of news clips has given me to leave. GMX offers free email service with no adverts, switching out my account.

46th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. hate the new

give me back my oiginal

46th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. COMPLAINT ABOUT HORRENDOUS NEW FORMAT

Like many others whose comments are herepresent before mine, I absolutely HATE my E-Mail being messed up. Please reinstate the original immediately and forthwith [That means YESTERDAY AT THE LATEST].
    Also, please reinstate sub-folder capability for Folders.

46th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. how about enventing a working email like the old one

would be great to have a working email, kinda like the old version

46th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Why too many things broken, missing, or working incorrectly to list here. How do I get back to the version that worked correctly?

Why too many things broken, missing, or working incorrectly to list here. How do I get back to the version that worked correctly?

50th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 50th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Correo clasico anterior

Deseo como usuario que se respete mi libertad, mis gustos y preferencias. Que al cambiar a la versión anterior del correo clasico quede como predeterminada y que si es mi voluntad elijir la nueva versión, pueda hacerlo. Pero obligarme a usar una versión no elegida vulnera mi libertad de elección. Gracias

52nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. My reply to Yahoo's reply

I have seen the following reply on a couple of posts now:

"Hi there,

Thank you for your feedback. The option to switch back to the previous version can be found in the dropdown menu on the upper right of the screen. Open the dropdown and select “Go to old version” and click “Go”.

Thanks,
    Mail Support"

I don't see a button to allow me to respond. So here is my response in a new post:

That option isn't on my dropdown menu.

52nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Put it back the way it was.

It was perfectly fine. Why do you insist on changing it and forcing it on everyone? There is a reason why I have Basic. This is now totally screwed up. I didn't ask for this; I don't like this; I certainly don't want this; I hate this. Put it back the way it was!

56th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. What's going on with you, dear yahoo? Are you too bored or what? Give us back the previous version of you, this new one is disgusting!

What's going on with you, dear yahoo? Are you too bored or what? Give us back the previous version of you, this new one is disgusting!

54th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. What the **** did you do with all my attachments on my emails that I sent prior to 2016!!!! Bring them all back as they are now all gone!

Where are all my attachments on my sent emails prior to 2016!!! They are now all gone!!! Bring them back. Want Classic original email style.

54th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Correo clasico es mejor

Que la nueva versión sea optativa, de lo contrario habrá que optar por otros correos y no quiero, pues estaba satisfecho con el correo clasico de yahoo mail.

59th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please return to the previous Yahoo email format!!!

There was no need for this new Yahoo format -- which I and many others don't like. Listen to Yahoo long-time users and return to a format that we all got used to using. The SENT doesn't work in the new format. I send an email and it doesn't immediately show under SENT -- unlike with the previous format.

56th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Give me back my numbers, I want to know how many emails are in each folder!

999 is not helpful and no number at all is not helpful, Tell me exactly how many are in each folder and make everything so it's not ugly as could be! What is wrong with you people? Why can't you leave well enough alone? If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

56th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. quiero la vercion anterior, ya no puedo pegar fotos del album familiar al correo de yahoo, lo que hacia era copiar y pegar

quiero la vercion anterior, ya no puedo pegar fotos del album familiar al correo de yahoo, lo que hacia era copiar y pegar

59th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

New Mail Basic

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base