How can we improve Yahoo News?

My suggestion is that you quite deleting my posts or i'll have to come visit you.

33rd ranked
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Thomas Reeder shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

30 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, why can a poster not write "young woman" without it being censored. Can we write "young man"? I think you should post all of the forbidden, censored words and phrases somewhere so that people can refer to it before writing a paragraph that will then be censored. Can you do that? Also, another time, breastfeeding and bonding was censored. Please put up a list of the censored words/phrases where readers can see it.

Control your censoring engine in the comments section. Many times a reader cannot even use the word that is used in the heading of your article. Today for example, you ran an article on the Catholic Church wanting an apology from Pete Davidson. Any sentence with New Yorkers who are Catholic was censored. Why!? It makes no sense. Also it seems that any post in support of the Catholic Church was censored. This is extremely un American and biased. Please don't be so biased in your censoring; try to be a news/entertainment outlet that doesn't discriminate against certain religions!

• mark johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Give anyone banned or hacked by pro-Trump forces an acknowledgement or reason they have been blocked from posting comments. Infuriating that knuckle dragging trolls are allowed to comment yet thoughtful comments are SOMEHOW blocked - Russians? Trump cultists?

• Andrew Garcia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I tried to post a pro choice comment on vaccinations but it wouldn't stick!! My suggestion is to stop trying to influence opinion and allow

• Tilly Kooyman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why have comment guidelines if everyone can freely spew their hatred? Please stop giving the alt-right a platform! With a huge online audience, you have the opportunity to do something about the toxic divisive social/political climate.

• Diane Schoneman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You are censoring words in the comments that are even used in the title of articles! How is it ok for your news feed but not ok for commentors? Double standard!

• karen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

may be error, not censoring. i constantly see comments that have nothing to do with the article at hand, BUT are clearly commenting on a news article elsewhere. logically, comments are being misdirected. i've had a few disappear too, but not going to raise my blood pressure over "just a bug."

Every time I come to your site, conservative posts disappear down a black hole. This is NOT my imagination. In my opinion, Yahoo is simply not worth the effort and aggravation. Posts do not have to violate your "policy" to be censored out.....they only have to be conservative.

• Greg Pierce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

IT'S BEEN 32 DAYS SINCE YAHOO HAS BLOCKED ME -- WHAT'S GOING ON DO YOU HAVE BUGS YOU NEED TO FIX YAHOO.. I SEE OTHER PEOPLE COMMENT BUT I CAN'T-- WHAT'S GOING ON ?

• Greg Pierce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WHY ARE YOU BLOCKING ME AND OTHERS FROM POSTING COMMENTS ON YAHOO --- YAHOO-- IT'S BEEN 32 DAYS SINCE MY LAST POST YOU HAVE BLOCKED ME WHY ?

• Preston Hill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've posted benign comments yesterday and today and my comments aren't showing either. I'm getting ready to just dump the whole yahoo thing from news to email. It's not worth it anymore. Way to tick me off you freaking yahoos!

GET RID OF THE PURITANICAL CENSOR in the comment section.

It appears that I am not the only person who has their comments taken down for NO apparent reason other than the censors don't like the content. I have had too many comments removed after posting that followed the guidelines but the content was unkind or biting, but nothing directed towards any individual.

It seems like it is hit or miss as to what permitted to stand. I have seen far worse comments than mine that were allowed to stay up. I can't post a biting retaliation to some knucklehead's abusive comment to my comment.

Their's get's to stand but mine get's taken down... Again the comment followed the guidelines, but maybe it hit a little to close to home for the CENSOR that read it. It that a good enough reason to deny my right to express myself?

I think that there is enough of us now that we can make some noise. I will be on the look out for any forums that want to address this issue, there might even be one now I just need to do a little research. I would appreciate any link for that forum posted to this comment

Thanks for listening.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base