Fantasy Basketball

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. length of season

It would be great if the commissioner could choose to make the season shorter. That way we could have our playoffs before the messy end of season shut-downs of our main players.

273rd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please Please Please make the playoffs start sooner. IE week 20-22 would be much better than the current options allowed for commissioners.

The playoffs would be much better starting right after the combined week of 18/19 the all-star break. Please allow commissioners to start the playoffs in Week 20-22. Reasons for this are as follows:

#1 Too many players rest for DNP load management late in the season now days, it makes the current fantasy NBA playoffs like playing week 17 of the NFL i.e. to much of a **** shoot.

#2 Finishing the playoffs in week 22 would be the same day (Sunday) the Brackets come out for March Madness, and also fantasy baseball drafts are mostly done that day as…

223rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. It would be great if commissioners had more control over playoff formats. I want each playoff round to be two weeks long.

I think that one week playoffs are too volatile and leave too much up to chance. Mostly because players have different numbers of games and a team should not win because they had more games played in the final week. I know that championships can be made to be two weeks long, but I think that all playoff rounds should be able to be made two weeks as well.

130th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow commissioner to choose whether or not there is a consolation bracket

Currently, Yahoo automatically creates a consolation bracket if a league has four-team or six-team playoffs, and automatically does not create a consolation bracket if a league has eight-team playoffs. The commissioner should be able to determine whether or not there is a consolation bracket.

706th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Need to shorten the fantasy season. "silly season" is frustrating.

I know there's probably not an easy solution...but being hit by fake injuries,random rest and tanking linups after you spent a whole year trying to build the best team possible is just not fun.
    Fantasy playoff should be a few weeks earlier.

118th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Samuele, thanks for your feedback. Our product team is investigating more flexible fantasy playoff start times. Stay tuned!

Yahoo Product Support

6. TWO WEEK PLAYOFFS

I know that this has been stated, but I think it should be reiterated.

Please add 2 week playoffs next year! 2 week playoffs will mean the the stronger team will more likely win (which it should). This used to be an option, but was removed a year or two ago.

ESPN has it, and I think Yahoo, as the best fantasy website, should give us the option too!

153rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 2-week Playoff Matches

For all playoff matches, there should be an option for them to be 2-weeks long. This would ensure a game wasn't just a one-time win. ESPN has this option and it works very well.

79th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Eligibility of 12 teams for Playoff

Playoffs are only eligible for 8 teams at maximum. So, I recommend to have an option for our Dynasty League w/ 18 teams as below format if it is possible:

12 team playoff (first 4 team have automatic bye & between 5th and 12th positions play against each other) - Taking place during Week 19 or 20

Between 13th and 16th position play consolation during that week.

In the next week first 4 team will match with the qualifying teams from the matchups btw 5th and 12th spots.

[5-12]
    [6-11]
    [7-10]
    [8-9]

I think this addition will enable more teams…

40th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow commisioner to start playoffs whenever they want

With all the resting that happens during weeks 20 onward, it makes the playoffs too much of a crapshoot.

Personally I would like to be able to start our playoffs in late February so this is not an issue.

Please let us have the option to start the playoffs whenever we want.

4th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  39 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add a symbol to identify teams that are eliminated from playoff contention

Just like the asterisk identifies teams that clinch, there should be a symbol for eliminated teams. Like a red "X", or a red "E". Not just for fantasy basketball but for all fantasy sports. Managers would know if they're still in the hunt, and it might add some excitement to the league knowing that teams are being eliminated. No one's gonna want that red "X".

95th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Let The Commissioner control some alternate lottery / playoff formats for keeper leagues

We had a great idea in our league to have a playoff between the last 2 or 4 teams in fantasy league in order to deter tanking. I really like this idea, but the commissioner tools don't allow me control how teams that aren't in our championship playoff compete during the final weeks. This would hopefully be an easy feature to turn on. Even if it was a commissioner override to force consolation match-ups by whatever the league rules are.

528th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 199th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Rotisserie leagues should have playoffs

Playoffs should be head-to-head style. It will be another level for yahoo

234th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. While many managers might disagree, I think the Yahoo Playoffs should have the option to start their Playoffs on the 18th, the 19th or the 2

While many managers might disagree, I think the Yahoo Playoffs should have the option to start their Playoffs on the 18th, the 19th or the 20th week. That way we can have greater assurance that our best players will be available to play in our Playoffs.

211th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Division Playoff format/Conference Playoff format

We need the top two division winners to play each other in the semis. Playoff teams within their own division need to play each other first, like East vs West in real life, then have a finals

352nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Playoff Standings

Please, Please, Please can we have standings from divisions make the playoffs not the overall standings. Would love to do a east v west conference using divisions as the conference. Then the finals are the two division winners! I have been playing yahoo fantasy nba now for almost 20 years and as such have a highly competitive league. Please make this happen.

103rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Like real NBA homecourt advantage, Higher playoff spotted teams should start with plus points

Like real NBA playoff games homecourt advantage, higher playoff spotted teams should start with plus points determined by commissioner. For instance Higher spotted teams can start 10points, 5 Rebounds 4 Assists -4 Turnovers etc. (Handicap) This should be an option for head to head leagues

162nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow the commissioners in cash leagues the ability to disable consolation brackets

The option to lock eliminated teams in the playoffs doesn't work in cash leagues. It is pointless to give the commissioners of cash leagues the option to lock eliminated teams if it doesn't work. Please honor cash league commissioners request to lock eliminated teams from the playoffs.

Eliminated players participating in the consolation bracket should not be able to make waiver claims or add/drop players. The ONLY players who should be allowed to make waiver claims or add/drop players are the players who are still in contention to win the championship. That is, after all, WHY WE PLAY THE GAME!…

706th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base