Yahoo Mail Basic

Basic Mail provides base functionality like reading and writing messages, but does not include many of the advanced options. To use these features, we recommend upgrading to full-featured version of Yahoo Mail.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail – Basic experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously. Our Guidelines have more on how you can give great feedback.

For online help or to contact Yahoo Customer Care with tech, abuse, or general inquiries, click here

If you think your account has been compromised or if you need help getting back in, get immediate assistance

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. 23rd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Ad feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow return to full featured classic mail. it had features that the new mail doesn't. Why do you continue to frustrate loyal users forcing

Allow return to full featured classic email. The new email is missing features and difficult to read. It sucks.

24th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Feature suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. If I don't want a new password, leave mine alone

Leave my settings and passwords alone. The only problem that I have ever had with this account is YOU. This account is more than twenty years old. It is no wonder that yahoo is losing market share. It is poor decision making within corporate. I like my password. I want to return to what it was.

19th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Password and sign in  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I HATE the latest version of Yahoo! mail.

When I tried to switch back to classic mail I returned to some watered down bastardized version. Give me back my old Yahoo! mail that I have used for the last several years or I will not use any version of your mail client.

26th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I don't like your new yahoo email. You are interfering with my personal choice. Please let me go back to basic. Enough is enough

I don't like your new yahoo email. You are interfering with my personal choice. Please let me go back to basic. Enough is enough

22nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Ad feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 25th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. This new version completely sucks!

This new version completely sucks! It's a lie that we can change back--there is no option! 20 years with Yahoo but I am done. Every change makes it worse and this is the last straw. If Yahoo wants to change they should revert to the email of about 3 generations back.

27th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. REMOVE

REMOVE suggestive, ****** ad pictures that are automatically placed onto in-box! Regardless of orientation or viewpoint, this type of ad is not welcome or appropriate.

28th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Ad feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. CHANGE PASSWORD

WHY WILL YOU GUYS NOT GIVE UP ON THE CHANGE PASSOWRD THING! MY ACCOUNT IS OVER TEN YEARS OLD AND HAS NEVER BEEN HACKED! I DONT WANT TO CHANGE ANYTHING AND YOUR TECH SUPPORT FOLKS DONT KNOW HOW TO STOP THE SUGGESTION FROM POPPING UP EVERY TIME I OPEN MAIL!!!! THEY ARE SUGGESTING ITS A PROBLEM WITH MY COMPUTER!! NO WAY!!! EVERYTHING WORKED FINE UNTIL YOU GUYS DECIDED YOUR USERS NEEDED TO MAKE A CHANGE. I JUST WANT THINGS THE WAY THEY WERE AND TO NOT BE BOTHERED ABOUT IT! CAN OR WILL YOU HELP? PLEASE DONT FORCE ME TO…

29th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Password and sign in  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Change back the email

I like the basic version just how it is. It is too hard to read the new version and it is not easy to learn new things for us older people. Each time I go to my email I have to change back to the basic. Why does it not stay there?

31st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I would like the basic mail back I HATE this new mail

I HATE this new mail please give me back the basic mail. There is a lot of stuff that no longer exists w/just a click you have to search for the things that were readily available.

30th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I did NOT WANT TO BE SWITCHED GET MY OLD EMAIL BACK! shame on YAHOO!!!

give mE BACK MY OLD EMAIL i DID not want this YOU JUST ARBITRARILY SWITCHED ME SHAME ON YOU GIVE ME BACK MY email!!!!!1

32nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. stop switching my mail format. i want the basic. i like the basic. stop switching it. stop posting ****** gossip in the news section.

stop switching my mail format. i want the basic. i like the basic. stop switching it. stop posting gossip in the news section. and when i have come here to tell you what i think, you push me into other people's complaints and have me vote for one? **.

33rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Easier Method to Block Email Addresses

I continually get the same spam messages from the same senders. They come in at such a high rate - sometimes 100 per day - that it makes it impractical to copy each sender's email address then go to the Options page where I can then PASTE in the address. There SHOULD be an easier way to accomplish this task ... such as adding a function to the drop-down Actions list called "Add to Block List." A pretty simple fix I think to help users cut down on spam!

35th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. missing email

I am unable to see any of my emails in any of my folders. The message that is displayed is "There was a problem! Are we missing something here? You don't appear to have a folder with this name."

43rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Ad feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I hate the NEW version of my mail...why do you force this on us? Leave the OLD VERSION alone! thx.

I HATE the NEW version of my yahoo mail. Just leave well enough alone. I do not want the new version and WANT THE OLD VERSION BACK!!!
    You keep doing this from time to time , WHY?????

40th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ad feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. NEW version is NOT working... put back older version...

NEW version is NOT working... put back older version...

36th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Please disable all security warnings. I don't need to 'secure my account'. I don't have a mobile phone and wouldn't give out the number even

Please disable all security warnings. I don't need to 'secure my account'. I don't have a mobile phone and wouldn't give out the number even if I did (yes, there are some of us in the IT biz who don't need to be wired 24/7!) How about we just be able to get into our email without a new warning and prompt every single time we log in? How about we can use our email, well, for email, for once?

Also, how about some support at Yahoo rather than simply being referred to FAQs (not all of us are idiots;…

33rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 43rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Would you please re-activate the automatic draft save on a e-mail in process?

Would you please re-activate the automatic draft save on a e-mail in process?

43rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base