Yahoo Homepage

Welcome to our Yahoo Homepage feedback forum!

If you would be interested in participating in User Research studies for Yahoo Homepage, please fill out this form.

This is a place for you to help shape the Yahoo Homepage experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Homepage.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. You've done it again. You have merged my comment with one you INCORRECTLY closed because the "show less" option STILL DOES NOT WORK!!!

This is truly ridiculous. I am trying to communicate to you that a feature of your website does not work as intended and the only response you have is to merge my comments with an already closed thread. Don't close my comments. Don't merge this with an old, already closed thread. FIX THE SHOW LESS OPTION!!!

54th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

110 comments  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Our Engineering team is looking into this. If you could let us know what about the “show less” option isn’t working we would appreciate it. Please provide specific publishers if possible.

Regards,
    Homepage Support

2. Audio ads that are hidden, forcing me to listen to them does one thing – pisses me off

Apparently, everyone's feedback hasn't knocked any sense into your heads yet. Hopefully, they keep letting you and your advertisers know that the audio ads SUCK. Not only do they play automatically but you hide them somewhere on the page. I either have to listen to the stupid ad or go find it to turn it off – both are distracting and annoying when all I want to do is read an article. Pissing people off isn't the way to sell shit. It's a well known fact, online advertising has an extremely low ROI because people HATE the ads and ignore…

147th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Ads Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Our Engineering team is investigating this. In the future if this happens can you please update this ticket with more information including who the audio ad was for, where it was on the page, etc.

Regards,
    Homepage Support

3. My location is correct but its spelling is wrong

Please correct my home town name: It's Vila Nova de Famalicão and not Vila Nova de Tamalicao! Location is correct, spelling is not.
    Years pass, error stays on, hope for correction remains.

270th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. caption your news clips that were posted with CC you discriminating trash company! its the law! fox news provided it why cant yahoo ??

fox news provided CC in on their site where the original video is posted but yahoo STILL thinks they are above the law! its gonna be a class action lawsuit if you dont comply with CC requirements !

270th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. You have an ad for a "genetic trsting" scam. The SSA is warning people about these scams and you are abetting a fraud by showing these ads!!

Yahoo needs to vet their ads more closely. Tis ad for genetic testing is a scam to defraud medicare!!

196th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ads Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this. If you come across the ad again, can you right click on the ad and select “Copy link address”and then update your post with that URL. That will allow us to investigate this further.

Regards,
    Homepage Support

6. 232nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Information Requested  ·  0 comments  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please check the notifications. They are not clearing for some reason. I know this has been listed before but is not fixed. Really bad.

Notifications on home page do not delete nor is the count changed. This has been listed before and responded too; however, it is not fixed. As the articles age they become so out of date.

232nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    Our Engineering team is looking into this and need additional information.  
    Is this menu notifications or the bell notification? 
    Are you clicking on the notification to open it? 
    What internet browser are you using

Regards,
    Homepage Support

8. 270th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jenneva,

Would you please provide us with the following information so we can look into this further:
    1. Where you are located?
    2. How often does this happen?
    3. Does this happen immediately after you navigate to yahoo.com or after you are reading an article?

Regards,
    Homepage Support

9. Yahoo articles state "story continues" and when you click on it to read the rest, it does not take you there

STORY CONTINUES buttons do not work. You click on many of them and they take you nowhere !!

232nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Videos don't match articles

Why do you put videos with new articles, that have NOTHING to do with the article? It makes yahoo look stupid and makes us mad .

270th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Story from the site "Ice Pop" has a virus in it! A story about a "Henge" found in Ireland . When you click on "Next" it hijacks your compute

Virus hidden inside a news story on your site! When you click "next" it hijacks your computer!!! In a story by the "Ice Pop" website! A message pops up telling you to call a "Microsoft number" They try to get you to turn over your computer remotely to them! In a NEWS story??? Don't you scan these things before allowing them on your page?

270th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Philip,

If you can provide the exact story article and right click on the article title and select copy link address and provide that to us. That will allow us to make the appropriate changes to the article.

Regards,
    Homepage Support

12. US News site bug

Fix the US News site.......It no longer contains US news!!!

270th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base