New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. sort unread email by sender

Please allow me to sort unread email by sender. i can sort all mail by sender but i would like to see the option for unread email. or just the ability to sort any filtered emails by any column.

29th ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stop blocking the emails in my contact book automatically. You even blocked my own email from Gmail account. That's ridiculous

Stop blocking the emails in my contact book automatically. You even blocked my own email from Gmail account. That's ridiculous

118th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Trying to annoy us?

If Yahoo Mail is trying to annoy us with the new flood of ads on the side, congratulations! You have over-commercialized a good thing into ****.

23rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. include trash in search

Search All Mail should INCLUDE Trash. Nuisance to search twice.

42nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. "Looking for something? Try searching for a person, business or keyword"

Why does this message keep popping up? it is annoying and gets in my way of reading emails..

How do I turn this annoying message off?

118th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow Resizing of folder column

Why can't I add votes to resize the previous posts about allowing the re-sizing of the folder column? This is VERY annoying that you can't view your complete folder names.

69th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. LEAVE PEOPLE'S EMAILS ALONE

My feedback is that you suck! I am finding out now that you people are deleting emails without consent or knowledge!! You suck! I'm ******!

42nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. lost emails from years ago

All my emails are gone...from people I will never see again. Is there any way to recover them?

42nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. stop importing phone numbers to my email contacts

stop importing phone numbers to my email contacts

29th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Can we have a variety of different themes? For example, holiday, seasonal, technology, floral, marvel, and video themes.

Themes and wallpapers are significant to everyone because we like to personalize our computers, and we want to personalize our emails to help us look forward to checking our accounts. Here are some ideas. There are holiday and seasonal themes that lift our spirits. In addition to that, floral, video, sunset, animals, sports, love, animated, etc. We want a different variety of themes where we can choose our favorite theme each month.

29th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. switch off spam filter

SPAM filter has become too aggressive, junking important emails relating to my medical care. This is a recent problem. (August 2021). There seems to be no way of switching this off. You are literally killing me. Please fix this.

69th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Turn off Reply reminder on email

Turn off the "reply reminder" feature on the account. Very annoying having popup to respond to an old email. This just started. Why was it added with no way to turn off according to your own tech support.

69th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. alias

Please have the option to allow for an email alias to become the primary username for the account. Many users get married, or secure more "professional" email addresses associated with their login, so would be great to have that as an option.

42nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Widend Folder View for Long Names

Can the feature to widen the folder view window be implemented so when long folder names are created you don't have to hover over them to see the entire name.

118th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. More themes please!!!!

More themes for the email. Please

42nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. spam

My spam folder is always empty. It seems that Yahoo is removing spam emails directly instead of putting them in the spam folder. I am missing e-mails that are verifiably sent to me that I assume are being marked as spam, but my spam folder is empty!

42nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Stop using captcha for sign in proof!

Captcha is a known waste of time. I sign into email frequently per day and if this continues I will have to change account platforms to something like Gmail.

Do better Yahoo!

42nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Missing Scroll Bar

Where the heck is the scroll bar? I don't see it on my apple lap top when I am using google chrome and I do not see it on my desktop when using microsoft. The entire email system is useless without the scroll bar function, or am I missing something?

42nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Change the log in

Get rid of the annoying "prove you are not a robot" . Waste of time.
    Tiny photos, often so bad that you can't see what they are, allegedly, showing.

42nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I'm Not a Robot images

Have had to put up with "I'm Not a Robot" for a few days now every time I want to log in. How much longer must it go on for? Sometimes the images are so small, if you do not have perfect eyesight, they are difficult to recognise. Also they are all American. I am in the UK and we do not have things like fire hydrants, for example

42nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base