How can we improve New Mail?

I really liked my old theme. Why can't I keep it?

Add more themes please

23rd ranked
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Neli Petra shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

88 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why did you mess with it in the first place I enjoyed the way it was nowIT SUCKS put it back to the way it was

• Eileen Lois commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why can't you have some simple themes like Outlook.com or Gmail. You are so far behind in the "theme" department. Yahoo Mail needs to look more professional.

GUYS I'VE FOUND THE TRICK
    Your current **** looking "Upgraded Theme" must be under this url https://mailDOTyahooDOTcom/d/folders/1 So BASICALLY the new Theme is stored under the /d/folders/1
    Meanwhile the Old Theme Mail Look like this: After the mailDOTyahooDOTcom add these text
    /neo/launch?.src=ym&reason=myc#

• Reba Huff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hate the new yahoo mail. There is not enough Themes to choose from. What was you guys thinking.

Leave the email alone,people that have colorblindness and shade blindness can not see a thing, you have said you fixed it in the past but I have to have some one come over to set it back because all I see is a white screen.

Would be happy to switch to new format, if you had better color options. They're either too light or too dark. Please give more options.

I really like the classic mailbox theme called console can you add it to the new mailbox theme?

I HAVE MIGRAINES, I NEED THE SIMPLICITY OF THE OLD LAYOUT AND COLOR. I HATE THE ADDED FALDERAL. LEAVE STUFF ALONE. WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE IMPROVED! IT WAS PERFECT. I HAVE NEVER HAD ANY OTHER EMAIL ADDRESS OR PROVIDER. SO TEMPTED TO CHANGE FOR THE FIRST TIME. JUST WANT THE SAME COLOR/LAYOUT BACK.. PLEASE

While I don't expect that my either my vote or comment will matter, but (contrary to a lot of other commenters here) I would ask for a dark grey or black theme. I really liked that theme for the old Yahoo mail, and while the purple one is alright, something a bit darker in order to increase the contrast between the email listing/email body would be welcome.

• Amund commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

People are used to a certain theme they have been using in Classic Mail, and many will want to continue using the theme they are accustomed to.

Please add all Class Mail themes to New Mail. Thousands of people will want this.

• Amund commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Users should be able to continue with their preferred color theme from Mail Classic. It should be possible to define any color for background on mail lists.

Basically, the themes need to be highly customizable. Right now we're forced to choose between a handful of awful color themese (these look like something from an 80s disco tenager-movie).

Yahoo has really made a bad move with the "new" mail look.

• Michael Cross commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not sure why this is 'progress' ... the Classic Mail was great for productivity. I never used a theme, maybe I'm just old-school. The new interface wastes too much space.

I hate how hard the colors are, how little choice I have in customizing MY email, and the font is ****. The pop-ups are annoying, but what's driving me the most crazy is just how ugly and unimaginative it is. Seriously, I'm thinking of moving my e-mail to Google where it at least LOOKS like it's not trying to blind me.

The new themes are horrible, the look is flat and ugly, they call this progress?

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base