New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Advertisement in the mail and side bars.

Why a maibox should have Advertisement pops and side bars. That is irritating for anyone.Also, the advertisement on the right side is taking almost 10% of the screen,
    If you can, please remove them from the mailbox.

1st ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

22 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Mail Search is garbage, Please FIX!

When I search for partial phrases I don't get the emails with that phrase. For example, I am looking for an email that has the word "swing" in it. However I can't remember if the phrase is "swing trader" or "swing traders", or "swingtrader", so I just type in "swing". However, using just the term "swing", I don't get any results!!!! Why??? This is 2021 for god's sake. Yahoo!'s origins were search, so why doesn't search work????? You should be embarrassed about this. Please fix.

3rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. STOP WITH THE ******* POP UP TELLING ME TO UPGRADE TO PRO

I HAD YAHOO MAIL PRO AND KEPT GETTING CRAZY SPAM AND ADS SO I STOPPED PAYING FOR IT. NOW I AM GETTING POP UPS FROM YAHOO THAT ARE STOPPING ME FROM READING MY EMAILS UNLESS I WAIT FOR 15 SECONDS WTF !!

6th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. fix emails from going spam

How many times do I have to click NOT SPAM so that my emails do not go to the spam folder?

13th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Currently, a lot of advertisements appear when I sign in to Yahoo Mail Box, which seems very unprofessional.

Yahoo should avoid showing ads in the mail box to maintain its popularity.

27th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Poor functionality

I used to be able to use the trash can next to a folder in the left hand menu to empty the folder. Now it doesn't work. I just found out that I can right click and select, for example, empty spam, but that doesn't work either. Please fix this.

I also have a problem where I am in the middle of reading an email and it just closes! I can go back and find it by date, usually, but if I am trying to go through unread emails and sort that way, it's a pain to go down and…

34th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make delete option for week

Make delete option for week for each week ,so we can delete mails fast by selecting or without required mail

124th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow iPad web browser to use full desktop site, not mobile site

Please allow iPad web browser to display the full-featured desktop site, not the feature-limited mobile site.

The iPad is as big, fast and capable as a laptop computer, but you are currently forcing the iPad web browser to use only the mobile site rather than the more useful desktop site. There are many useful features in Yahoo mail desktop version which are not available in this miserable mobile version.

Clearly, some less-than-thoughtful programmer made a poor choice of criteria in forcing the iPad to only display the mobile version.

The iPad requests the desktop site, but your poorly conceived javascript…

54th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. cannot search mail

wheel keeps turning but nobodys home...WHY with this dumb new yahoo can i not search the inbox or anywhere else to find emails? SEARCH does not load any results at all. this is an important feature and i see many old complaints. is nobody working to FIX this or what? now i cant post comment because it somehow automatically signed me out? i am signed in, but it canceled that. also it opens a new window every time instead of changing pages. 4 yahoo mail pages open and still cant perform? bummer

124th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. increase blocked accounts number or remove 500 account limit

My account was recently added by a fraudster to hundreds of different mailing lists. The only way to keep my yahoo account usable has been to block all senders and current/future email...but I reached a limit at 500. This limit should be eliminated or your spam filter greatly improved.

Many of the list they added the account to are not in English and it should be obvious. Because they are often real products or lists, the Spam filter is missing them. I was hoping I would be able to keep using my account but I'm no longer sure.

124th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 124th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. New "Show Less From ..." is a big Failure

Jan 23, 2021

I see Yahoo took away the "Show Less From ..." option in favor of a link that does nothing, As Yahoo likes to support the FOX NEWS feed, as I can no longer remove FOX NEWS from Yahoo News I will no longer look at Yahoo News.

124th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Search not working correctly. Can't search for word "Winterthur" ... refused to find it!

"Search" should include the SUBJECT LINE not just the bodies of email. I could not find an email, sent today, 1/22/20, with word "Winterthur" in it. Searching for word "winter" did not work either. Very frustrating. VERY annoying. Now I don't know if I can ever trust your results - and I've been with YAHOO for ... 30 years??

69th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. YOUR ADS ARE HIGHLY IRRITATING... I DOES NOT LIKE TO USE YOUR WITH SO MUCH INTERRUPTION WITH THE ADS..

YOUR ADS ARE HIGHLY IRRITATING... I DOES NOT LIKE TO USE YOUR WITH SO MUCH INTERRUPTION WITH THE ADS..

69th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Get rid of your **** ads! and the 15 sec reminders!

Your email and your policies are driving me to move everything to gmail. I now use you only for my spam stuff that I still have to check occasionally due to your ad policy, your old policy of ****** email and your new policy of your 15 second reminders! You are clearly not interested in retaining any buisness!

69th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I did not receive my emails for my backup email account

I only use my backup email account for my xbox account. It's been a year since I last had a need to send an email to myself to the backup account. I just redeemed my Microsoft rewards points about an hour ago and also a few weeks ago. logged in to my backup email account and there are no emails. I'm asked to set up the account as if it's a new account. I've had this account for years. There's no way for me to get my points back. Took me a few moths to earn those points.

124th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Blatant spam getting through filter and into my inbox

At least weekly I receive emails from ridiculous, obvious spam emails that claim to be from Costco, CVS, or other major brands, yet have emails that are something this, which I one I received last week "jshjbqtzkpzw@edibsars.inexpensiveprogram." (.com removed intentionally). How can your spam filter possibly allow these emails through? I flag each one as spam, yet they continue to come. Why?

124th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. to long for open mail who arrived....

when i opened in chrome don't know others...

124th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 124th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Connect to yahoo using Facebook

A long time ago I lost access to yahoo mail, but not access to facebook.
    ideal would be to be able to do something to regain access to email using facebook.
    Such as connecting yahoo via facebook

465th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base