US Yahoo News

HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
Hello and welcome to Yahoo News feedback forum and information center.

Your voice is important to us. This is a place for you to help shape the Yahoo News experience. Read below to learn more about our company, our editorial team and how to contact us. Our teams review the feedback from this forum to make positive changes to Yahoo News.

OUR COMPANY
Yahoo News is operated by Verizon Media, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Verizon. Yahoo, Yahoo News and all Verizon Media brands are part of the Verizon family of companies.

OUR TEAM
  • Alex Wallace: Head of Media and Content for Verizon Media
  • Lori Bongiorno: General Manager for Yahoo News, Entertainment, Life and MAKERS
  • Daniel Klaidman: Editor in Chief
  • Lauren Johnston: Head of Programming
  • Colin Campbell: Managing Editor
CONTACT US
To contact the Yahoo News editorial team to report issues or corrections, please email corrections@yahoonews.com.

SHARE FEEDBACK

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:
  • Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  • This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  • For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  • Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.
The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Yahoo news science page

The new format, as of Feb 5, 2020, is really horrible. Over sized pictures and hardly any text related to the pictures. Egads.

419th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show less news from the USA, there's a whole wide world out there, US news headlines misleading.

Show less news from the USA, there's a whole wide world out there, US news headlines misleading.

666th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Yahoo news article comment box "POST" icon precariously placed next to the down arrow

The "POST" (COMMENT) icon at the end of all of the Yahoo news articles, is extremely close to the down icon where you can scroll up and down as you write and edit your comment before posting. If I don't hover my little mouse arrow all the way to the extreme right side of the down arrow it will post my comment before i'm ready. Basically it is extremely hard and precarious to try to even use the up and down icons, most especially the down icon arrow if I want to scroll up and then back DOWN again while…

666th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 666th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fix the health section

The Health news section is suddenly not showing any health news at all. Please fix that.

522nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. STOP YOUR ANTI ISRAEL PROPAGANDA It is every day that there is an article criticizing Israel. Shame on you!

STOP YOUR ANTI ISRAEL PROPAGANDA It is every day that there is an article criticizing Israel. Each time it is not even true. Shame on you! There are so many other countries but bigger that you could focus on. Give THE ONLY DEMOCRACY in the Middle East a break.

175th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ensure that only US-related stories show when I click the US News "tab".

I keep getting non-US related stories when I select the US News "tab". That makes ZERO sense.

419th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. STOP YAHOO NEWS from popping up on my mail page .. Very Annoying.

STOP YAHOO NEWS from popping up on my mail page .. Very Annoying.

666th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. This is absolutely a horrid experience for mobile users. My phone locked out twice when trying to load your page.

Your advertisers attempt to lock out my screen and prevent me from even being able to scroll. This unacceptable. Your website has become unusuable over the years. A few minutes ago something on your website caused my phone to spontaneously restart. I've never had that happen before where the entire phone just dies because of a website. It doesn't feel like you have had any real people testing the experience of your website.

666th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. stop posting the reality show eliminations on yahoo news pages please, I watch on HULU and you're ruining it for me

Stop posting reality show eliminations on the news page please. the posts pop up when I check my email and you ruin the show for me.

666th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. stop playing the who's married game? you never show the couple mentioned so I stopped and just google who it is

I get sick and tired with your bait and switch where you mention a couple who is married but you never show that couple but tons of other ones. I finally gave up and googled the persons you baited me into seeing. Also, the same with weight loss bait and switch you never show the person so I just google it. Finally you all must be democrats because the bait and switch is a lie

666th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Place and Time stamps for stories. Identify who, what, where when for photos. Thanks

Place and Time stamps for stories. Identify who, what, where when for photos. Thanks

522nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. please return your news page setup to the way it was last week this new format really STINKS

PLEASE RETURN YOUR NEWS PAGE SETUP TO THE PREVIOUS WAY IT WAS THIS NEW SETUP REALLY STINKS!!!!!

358th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I agree WHY did you change the way the format from what it was? I was accustomed to seeing all the news as it was I don't give a **** about

put your format back the way it was! I don't care whats trending I just want my news in the original format or I will find my news from another source you guys had a great format and screwed it all to ****

419th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I am not a fan of Fox News, and I am quite offended by many of their articles and commentary. I want the option to delete or block their ar

I want the option to delete or block Fox News reports and articles. I notice there are many people who ask for the same and Yahoo seems to ignore these requests. Why? I suggest that you give users this option. I also suggest that we be able to swipe past articles or forward without scrolling down. Scrolling down a page is dated and slow. You see unnecessary junk and you don't have the freedom to breeze by useless information that only clutters the page. GIVE US OPTIONS YAHOO!!!

233rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. pop up ads covering news stores

I am switching to Chrome, the Sliding Ad boxes are too annoying. GOOD BYE YAHOO.

81st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Coronavirus RSS Feed

Can you get the Engineering team to add an RSS feed URL to the Coronavirus topic on Yahoo News?

example: https://news.yahoo.com/rss/coronavirus

Also add it as a topic to the Yahoo News app on iOS/Android with Alerts/Notifications.

666th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. why are there so many articles by the Guardian and The Independent on Yahoo news? These papers have the lowest circulation in the UK,

Yahoo news should reflect newspaper circulation in the UK - reduce the number of articles by the Guardian and The Independent

522nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. CAPTIONS

WHY do so many videos NOT HAVE captions? - mainly pertaining to news stories. Saw the same clips elsewhere and they had captions.

522nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Notifications

When I click "Replied to your reaction" it does not take me to the correct location of the comment.

666th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base