Skip to content

US Yahoo News

HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
Hello and welcome to Yahoo News feedback forum and information center.

Your voice is important to us. This is a place for you to help shape the Yahoo News experience. Read below to learn more about our company, our editorial team and how to contact us. Our teams review the feedback from this forum to make positive changes to Yahoo News.

OUR COMPANY
Yahoo News is operated by Yahoo Inc. In 2021, Apollo Global Management, Inc. (NYSE: APO) acquired Yahoo (formerly Verizon Media, itself formerly known as Oath) from Verizon. Yahoo operates as a standalone company under Apollo.

OUR TEAM
  • Lauren Johnston, Executive Editor, Yahoo News U.S.
CONTACT US
To contact the Yahoo News editorial team to report issues or corrections, please email corrections@yahoonews.com. Email must include the URL for the article or video.  If your request is about a story published by one of our third-party publisher partners, please directly reach out to that outlet.

SHARE FEEDBACK

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:
  • Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  • This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  • Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.
  • When providing feedback on an article, please include the URL and story headline. This will help us find the article faster.
The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1470 results found

1. Yahoo News leaning left

Under current Yahoo leadership I have witnessed a distinct tilt to the left in reporting, story selection. It is imperative that your news pages reflect a unbiased and balanced reportage. At the moment they do not! You have strayed from the tenets of journalism in favor of endorsing a left leaning ideology. As a long time Yahoo fan I am disappointed. You have taken sides and are now alienating over one half of the US population. Big mistake.

1st ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Stop autoplaying videos on the Yahoo News home page

I see a lot of complaints about videos autoplaying when news articles are opened. That's annoying because it is unnessarily chewing up bandwidth. Recently when I first go to the Yahoo news home page, a video autoplays on the upper right side of the screen. I find this extremely annoying. I've used Yahoo News as my primary online news source for at least 12 years and now I think I need to look at less intrusive alternatives.

2nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Stop trying to mislead the viewers and sagatage the nation. This is the most left wing, Trump hating, sore ****** web site ever.

Stop it with all of the false and/or twisted news about President Trump. You are only hurting the American People. Shame on you. Stop being a sore loser and admit the American people's vote kicked you but. Accept it and strive to encourage Americas growth and not mislead the public with each Trump headline. Move out of my country and try to live elsewhere as free as you have been here. Why are you so ****-bent on hurting the American people? That's what you are doing with every lie you print. You lost! Get over it!

3rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Sponsored "articles" are ruining my Yahoo experience.

I have been a faithful Yahoo user since the 90s. One used to be able to find the account date in account information, but that seems to have moved, I know my account dates back to at least 1998 and I have been on Yahoo daily since that time.

I used to spend time browsing headlines and clicking through to read many articles from your home page. However since the inception of sponsored content, I avoid the Yahoo home page.

I understand the need to generate profit but when every other "article" listed on the home page is in fact…

4th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I want to READ articles, NOT WATCH videos

I click on articles to READ them NOT WATCH them. I am sick of clicking on a text headline online to be taken to a video. If you offer it in video, offer it in text too!! If I click on a headline and it takes me to a video I immediately close it.

5th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Quit having me click twice or more!

When I click an article to read, I don't want to have to click another link to 'read more'. Why do you think I clicked the link in the first place, to hopefully have to click more links? I immediately leave the page and never look back. Same with a full page ad, I just close the browser window and move on. If you want readers to stay on your site maybe you could make it easier without the annoyance of redundant clicking.

6th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. too many unwanted adds

adds, adds and more adds.. Really!

7th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. quit allowing comments only on specific articles. quit trying to be the feelings police. allow free and open discussion

quit allowing comments only on specific articles. quit trying to be the feelings police. allow free and open discussion on all articles.

16th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Stop embedding sponsored links to look like real news.

Yahoo used to have a well organized news section. Now it's a joke.

8th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. PLEASE stop posting news on the Kardashians.Read the 2000+ negative comments on every article posted about them. Please spare us from them

PLEASE stop posting news on the Kardashians.Read the 2000+ negative comments on every article posted about them. Please spare us from them

10th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please stop publishing leftwing opinion pieces, as "News"

Your leftwing opinion pieces are NOT news, they're just opinion. News pieces have been verified and come from a professional journalism organization.

17th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Start putting real news in the news section.

Most articles are from liberal blogs like Daily Best, Atlantic Wire, AFP, NCC and etc. It's long past the point where I'll click on an article because it's on a subject that's interesting to me - you get too much garbage that way. It's gotten to the point where I can't find anything to read from a source that won't just print lies to push their ideology.

9th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Try to be more bi-partisan.

We get it you hate the president, Republicans, and white Christian men. Respect the office and stop grouping individuals into hate groups. Not all liberals are retards and not all Republicans are racists. Your love for North Korea over our own country is disgusting. The hollywood elite are nobodies, stop treating them like they are experts on anything but make believe.

11th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Bring back comments section !

Bring back comments sections. Show some fortitude !

23rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. tell the Truth for once there has been a lot of people who has recovered from Coronavirus and you say no one has recovered

tell the Truth for once there has been a lot of people who has recovered from Coronavirus and you say no one has recovered

21st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 12th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Rejecting of comments

Telling someone that their comment was meanspirited, should have not resulted with a rejection to post. There are some insulting and demeaning comments that definitely should have been rejected, but weren't. But, Hey Yahoo, it's your platform! I'm out!

22nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. A Block button

A block button to prevent other users from seeing your posts, going into your post history and continuously attacking you everywhere you go would be incredibly useful. The mute button stops you from seeing people's posts but it obviously doesn't stop others from seeing your posts and post history. People with ill will just goes through your post history and constantly attack you even after you mute them.

Cutting off interaction between two very hostile parties with a block button will save everyone a headache in the short and long term. It will also improve the article comments section tremendously.

26th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I want to customize the stories on my news feed! I am REALLY sick of getting stories about murder, animal abuse, genocide, etc. ENOUGH

I don't want to get depressed or outraged every time I check the news feed-- 90% of the stories I get are gruesome, and if I had young ones around while scanning my news- they'd be traumatized. Some of them traumatized me, and I am an adult!

14th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Give us a choice if we want to see News or not. I want to pick my news organization. Yahoo News is TERRIBLE

All news agencies are not the same. I don't want yahoo choosing my news source. Where's Fox, where is Fox Buisiness?

27th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 73 74
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base