Fantasy Baseball

Fantasy Baseball

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we make Fantasy Baseball better?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Lock players

I made the playoffs, but unfortunately the chances of me winning are now slim because a player who didn't make the playoffs dropped all of his quality players. Since I was low on the waiver wire, I knew I was in trouble. If you simply lock teams who don't make the playoffs this wouldn't have happened. I more than likely won't be playing anymore yahoo leagues because if this situation. It is unfair and possibly took $250 away from me.....

636th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Cheating or Sportmanship  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Commishioners - Always LOCK out Non-Playoff teams from dropping or picking up players. in our

MK or Matt in my league dumped all his players during the playoffs. From now on, I will lock all teams not in the playoffs.

636th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Cheating or Sportmanship  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Remove Trades from Pro Leagues

Yahoo trade review doesn't work. A manager can admit to forfeiting and trade players for pennies on the dollar and Yahoo does nothing even when reported.

Here are some reasons to disable trades in Pro leagues

1-Minimize collusion. It is not difficult to join the same league with your friends to collude if you want. I have seen this happen many times.

the following two managers are just one example

https://profiles.sports.yahoo.com/user/2CGFK3LGHZ7GAK4IVAE6QUV4XE

https://profiles.sports.yahoo.com/user/ZQZQPMYWHW2IGQAG3U566HK4AE

These managers just happen to join the same pro leagues year after year. They both suck so they need to collude to give themselves a chance at winning.…

308th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Profane language for a team name in Public league 134723. Ban the owner!!

Ban owners using profanity, especially in team names. Example: Public league 134723

106th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Cheating or Sportmanship  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. You should have to have a full roster. Every position filled.

You should have to post a full team. By lets say not carrying a catcher but carrying an extra OF you limit my player pool in the OF position. The skill should be to use the best "team" not the best pool of players.

279th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Cheating or Sportmanship  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow only one pitching change Saturday.

Seen this few times now where someone is behind in pitching and will add 2-3 pitchers Saturday evening and beat you. I understand you can only 6 moves, but in addition to that there should be a rule to only allow 1 pitching move Saturday. This will prevent cheating your way to victory in the pitching stats.

308th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Vetoed trades should only occur as a result of collision and unaminous votes should be required to veto trade

I agreed to a trade with an owner yesterday where I gave up Bregman/Junis for Suarez in a $500 Yahoo Pro league where I need HR/RBI.Today I get an email from Yahoo saying my trade has been vetoed with no explanation. There is a lot of money at stake in this leagues and there should be some accountability on Yahoo's part to provide valid reasoning for vetoing a reasonable trade unless collusion is involved.

Too often in trading these days vetoes are used for the simple reason of not wanting to see other teams potentially improving b/c your team is…

413th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Cheating or Sportmanship  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Trades

Strasbourg and kershaw trade should it go thru.dodger fan trade kershaw day after listing kewsnew goes on DL tried to vote against it on 6th becomes official on 7th don’t think vote against worked.this trade does not involve me just don’t think it is good for league.dodger fan making trade is are commish

413th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Cheating Leagues

I played in a baseball league last year where the manager cheated since day 1, changed the draft time, locked all teams, etc. I understand it may require manual intervention not available to review reported leagues, so what if instead you enable an option where a manager can vote for a manager cheating and if half of the managers vote it will automatically delete the league or if not at least not count results in the manager profiles. Best!

165th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Retroactive Lineup and Scoring changes for Private Leagues only.

A team missed innings by .1 and realized they had a starter on bench before a pitch was thrown but the player was already locked onto the bench.
    As commissioner you should be able to edit a roster or a stat after the players are locked in if need be.
    While I understand why it would be unfair in certain circumstances (ie a public league) this is a private league where we vote on issues like this one. There should be a way to make your own stat corrections to provide a team with 1 more out to reach innings? …

308th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. cheating league owners

prevent league owners from automatically resigning your team to their league ... which they cheat on just to win a free game. Meanwhile, that teams record goes on MY PROFILE

228th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Create a MULTI-Commissioner Rule

Having someone with zero respect for other people's opinions is definitely something that should be controlled by Yahoo via multiple commissioners option, otherwise, we fall under a 3rd world sports dictatorship...
    Fuera Haydn...! #LosBuenosSomosMas #YorixesHenryFalcon

413th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Maximum innings pitched per week in Head 2 Head

Add MAXIMUM innings pitched PER WEEK in Head 2 Head leagues. This way managers can not "stream" pitchers.
    They can not add and drop pitchers every single day just to inflate their K's and W's to take those categories (ERA and WHIP may not be cared about).
    Especially with a cap on player acquisitions... if one team is capped it is unfair advantage for another team to abuse pickups only to gain stats the other team can not reciprocate.
    Teams should try to win with their team and not pickups daily.

Also, would like to adjust settings for ONLY PLAYOFFS…

100th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Minimum Innings Pitched for Rotisserie

Although there is a "minimum innings pitched" option available for head to head leagues, I believe there needs to be one instituted for Rotisserie as well. ESPN has already adopted this feature and I believe the season long minimum should be set at 1000 innings.

The reason this is necessary is because someone in my league employed a strategy of only drafting batters early then going after all the elite relief pitchers without having a single starting pitcher on his team. He also has many relief pitchers on his bench that he can activate during off days and some relief…

43rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  19 comments  ·  Cheating or Sportmanship  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Your recent waiver wire pick-up for my 1st round pick? Get dat outta here!!! BLOCK THAT ANNOYING MANAGER

Let me preface this by stating I have been a Yahoo fantasy player for 12 years, all 3 major sports and multiple teams each season, The one thing that really annoys me is that in almost every league there is at least one manager who insists on sending inane trade offers. I'd like to have the ability to "block" any manager from sending trade offers to me. I believe it would be simple to implement - only requiring a page similar to the Email League page.

204th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Cheating or Sportmanship  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. lower veto trade requirements

The requirements to veto should take into account the number of active teams. Some douchebag just traded his best players to the team in 1st place basically sealing victory.

177th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Trade Processing after games start?

This is more of a question. Throughout this whole year and in previous years, as the commish if a trade came through after games had started that day, I would not be permitted to let it process until the following day. EXCEPT, when I (the commissioner) made a trade after games had already been played that day, it processed immediately and I was able to use my new players in that nights games. Because of this, manager's in the league think I'm using special powers as it looks like only the commish's deal was able to be processed immediately. I…

540th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. custom veto%

I think being the commissioner, you should have the ability to set the % for which a trade can be considered vetoed. 4 players in a 10 team league can run who gets who or who can't trade. Or have the ability to see who vetoed to see if there is a pattern or issue with a team.

204th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Cheating or Sportmanship  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Kicking cheating Commish's out of Yahoo

IN League #23459 AND #2338, there is cheating Commish's. They have locked everyone out of all things in each League. This is the worst year I have had in Yahoo. I Play all sports and have the Max.allowed teams in each sport. I dont get why Yahoo can not or will not go to the Leagues in question just to look at them, This is so easy to see and STOP. Yes I know they just get a new profile and do it again, But it is so easy to stop.All other Sites I am In DO NOT allow this…

413th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Cheating commissioner

Cheating commissioner

Is there any rule to penalize a cheater commissioner?

Block any type of message or communication in the league and handle it arbitrarily
    STAR WARS LEAGUE (ID# 67018)

636th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Cheating or Sportmanship  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base