Fantasy Baseball

Fantasy Baseball

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we make Fantasy Baseball better?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Yahoo should have consistent bar/ standard for prospects available at min

Not a vicious complaint at all but there are obvious inconsistencies in which players are available from year to year. Why not set a new standard?

A great one would be players from the first two rounds of the MLB draft, the top 30 international signings and then whomever is left from the more or less industry consensus of a top 100 prospect list. Roughly estimated 150-200 specific players.

Sure it would not include every prospect out there but it would greatly improve the current system and be easier for yahoo to manage.

Even better it would set a specific…

61st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Waivers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Reset player acquistion counter based on week/matchup player will be available

For daily transaction leagues: If I reach the matchup acquisition limit and attempt to pick up a player on Sunday who will not be available for my lineup until Monday, I should be able to complete that acquisition. That player add should count against the next week/matchup's limit as the player will not be able to be used in my lineup until the following day.

636th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Waivers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Streamline waiver claim priority: Tiles/Drag&Drop please! Dropdown rank menu is TERRIBLE!

This suggestion will only make the user experience better there is no downside. The drop down ranking menu to prioritize waiver claims is terrible! Please make each waiver claim a drag & drop tile like you do with editing lineups on the team page, i.e. I should be able to prioritize my waiver claim by dragging and dropping each claim into the order I wish the claim to be processed. Yahoo!'s current dropdown rank for each claim is hard to keep track of when doing multiple claims at once. After around 5 claims it's easy to lose track of the…

228th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Waivers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Connect Waiver Claims as X or Y or Z when not dropping a player...

Easier to explain with a scenario....
    I have three open roster spots, and we have waivers once a week. I'd like to pick up a MI/CI, an OF, and a SP. I need to make sure I get at least one player at each position, so i need to list multiple, but since the pickups aren't dropping a player, all 6-7 players I have in mind are all equal in the waiver system.

I'd like to make the claims like this with the first player in the list being the highest priority.
    1. Eduardo Escobar or Jose Peraza
    2. Tyson…

308th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Waivers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 413th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Inconsistent Waiver Procedure

Today is Monday 5/14 at 2:15 AM and I just tried to place a waiver claim for the standard 3 AM claim cycle. 3 AM has consistently been the cutoff to place claims except for today, the cycle kicked in sometime around 2 am...aka claims placed after 2 am now will take place on Tuesday 5/15. This is not only unfair to the night owls, but also those in the pacific and mountain time zones who are used to the 3 am cutoff.

While tolerable, it's disappointing that claims process at different times of the night unlike other servers. The…

540th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 413th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Waivers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Have reverse order of standings available for FAAB waivers

I play in a FAAB waiver league where pickups are only allowed once a week. If there is a tie in the silent bidding, the winning bid should go to who is lower in the standings. This is not currently an option and I can't understand why.

413th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. A standard waiver for hitters, continuous FAAB waivers for pitchers option

Would allow you to fill your lineup on day of games, while also preventing the "vulture pickup" problem that affects mainly closers.

The main problem with continuous waivers is not being able to fill your lineup on day of games when games are postponed and guys aren't starting, of course. The primary annoyance with standard is vultures picking up setup men for injured/removed closers. This would solve both of those...

Seems to give you best of both worlds and I wouldn't think that hard to implement...

308th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Maximum Adds Per Week

Just like in Yahoo Fantasy Basketball, there should be a maximum adds per week feature. I see a maximum acquisitions per season feature, but that is *not* what I'm referring to.

Our league is weekly -- as many are, I'm sure -- and we process adds only on Sat/Sun every week. We want a feature to limit the number of adds you can do each week (say, no more than 3-4 adds each week).

This should be easy to add given it's already in place for basketball leagues!!!

228th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waivers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Aaron, thanks for your feedback. This feature is already available in head-to-head leagues. There are no plans to add this to Roto leagues. Good luck this season!

Yahoo Product Support

11. Ronald Acuna....why is he not available even as an NA in yahoo leagues?

Why is the possible R.O.Y. not available in yahoo leagues, yet?

413th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. For leagues that use FAAB instead of the traditional waiver wire pickup,

For leagues that use FAAB to pick up players, there is not an option for a minimum bid and it still allows for players to be picked up without using tyour FAAB money which defetas the purpose of that setting.

My suggestion is for leagues that have that setting is for the only way to pick up a player is to use atleast $1 of your FAAB money.

When you pick up a player either via FAAB or a FA Pickup it still takes a day for the move to happen even after you find out you pick up that…

308th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow Waiver settings to be similar to fantasy football.

It would be helpful, especially in weekly lineup leagues, to have waivers be able to be set similarly to Fantasy Football. The idea would be the commissioner could select which day waivers run and which day all players go on waivers. All players are free agents the other days. ie. Waivers start at first game on Monday and process on Thursday, now any player who was not added via waivers is a free agent available for pick up on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

308th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow Waiver Order by Standing

Please add ability to sequence waiver wire pick ups by the opposite of the league standing just like in fantasy football. This would be allow lower placed teams the ability to improve their team more significantly creating more parity for leagues who would desire such.

228th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow manager to put in waiver claim on a player, even though they were the one who dropped them.

Sometimes when I drop someone and then during the days he's on waivers, something changes and I may be interested in having the player again. But for some reason, when you drop someone, you're not allowed to make a waiver claim for them, using the standard waiver system. You can make waiver claims in the FAAB system on your own dropped players. So why not in standard waivers, too?

78th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Waivers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Shohei Otani

Please add Shohei Otani to the player pool. U am in a dynasty league and would like to add him for possible rookie keeper in the off season.

540th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Waivers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Disappointment -- Waivers Weekly League

It's been a year now with multiple people commenting on this issue and yahoo still hasn't fixed it. Waivers --> Weekly --> FAAB Continuous --> Monday. If I put a waiver request in for a player x on Sunday, on Monday the waiver processes, but Yahoo's system doesn't allow you to include that player in your lineup for that week. You have to wait an entire week before you can include that player. This is absurd! So that means, we have to set the processing day to Sunday in order to include that player x in our lineup for that…

133rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Waivers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Include a max weekly pickup option for roto leagues

Our league likes to limit the number of pickups per week for our roto league. The max weekly pickup option is available to H2H league, but not roto. Please add the feature option for roto league. Max pickups adds another layer of strategy and stops owners from making unnecessary pickups.

413th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I have not been able to pick up Jacob Barnes for 3 days now even though I put Trea Turner back on bench

I have tried to pick up Jacob Barnes for 3 days now and replace Benoit but keep getting a message saying Trea Turner is on DL after I put him on my bench and put Logan Forsythe on DL. Something is messed up with your system somewhere.

636th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Waivers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. DL category on the waiver wire pick ups

Add a DL option just like the others, i.e. search by all players, waivers, teams, on other rosters, etc...

636th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waivers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base