Fantasy Baseball

Fantasy Baseball

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we make Fantasy Baseball better?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Need to add maximum IP or limit starts per week in H2H points leagues

Need allow commish to add a MAXIMUM innings pitched or set number of starts per week.

It's too easy to win when you can stream starting pitchers in a points league (we do have a 5 transaction limit, but still need an innings max).

40th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow players to be benched or inserted during double header

Nothing infuriates me more than when a player has a double header and I lose a FULL DAY of production at the plate from a PINCH HITTING appearance. It's 2018, Yahoo. We've put up with this nonsense for too long. Fix it so I can either bench the player if he's not in the starting lineup after the 1st game or insert them for the 2nd game if they didn't play the first.

52nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. There needs to be a maximum IP limit in H2H categories baseball leagues

There needs to be an option to set a maximum number of innings pitched in weekly head 2 head categories baseball leagues

28th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  26 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. In head to head points league its nice to be able to limit starts at 10. So anything over ten stats stop counting. Its a feature espn has.

In points head to head league, pichers can help get you a lot of points. It would be great to limit the starts to what you wanted. We are able to limit pick ups, but a team could load up on starters and we want to keep it at ten. Its a feature allowed on other platforms.

672nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please create a "starting pitcher wins" category

Creating a category just for "starting pitcher wins" would eliminate RPs from racking up 'cheap' wins

672nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Net wins

Pitching Category Net Wins which is wins minus losses

556th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add HR/9

Great ratio stat for evaluating a pitcher

556th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Re-tool stat categories

Especially in the pitching department. Batting average against, slugging against, ground ball %, HR/9, etc. These are very basic stat categories that are currently not available.

556th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. “Maximum IP”

Need a “maximum IP” for Head-to-Head Points League or “Start Limit” to prevent excessive steaming.

556th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Wins + Quality Starts (W+QS)

This needs to be done. It is a simple concept.

53rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Count Pitchers' Batting Stats

If your player produces stats that your league selected for scoring, they should count. Your player's hitting stats shouldn't be omitted just because he pitches. You can make it an option to erase pitchers' hitting stats if people don't like that concept, but the default shouldn't be to erase stats arbitrarily.

I make this argument every year in some fashion, doing the same now. Yahoo wrote back to me many years ago on this, saying essentially that pitchers' batting stats aren't counted because they're not good. Unsatisfactory explanation, but since it's the only one Yahoo's provided, my response is where…

284th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Create a new pitching stat category; total walks allowed + total hits allowed (NOT whip)

I have been a Yahoo! user/fantasy participant since the year 2000. I play fantasy baseball, basketball, hockey, NCAA march madness, and football with you. I have never left yahoo! for any other fantasy sports site. I have a simple request of you and am very hopeful you are able to grant it asap, prior to the 2017 fantasy baseball season.

My long-standing head-to-head league is moving away from ERA/WHIP. We want to steer clear of ratio/percentage stat categories.

Therefore, I am asking that you add a new stat category for pitching which combines walks allowed and hits allowed.

On this…

1st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  91 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Retro-active Line-up Changes

Fantasy Baseball should, JUST LIKE other sports, allow the retroactive ability to change line-ups. The semi-final championship game of my baseball league had myself with Mookie Betts on the bench because the night before he was rested and didn't start/play. One of 3 outfielders in the line-up did not play that day and I tried several times to make the switch that day before the game. It wasn't allowed. I contacted Yahoo several times but to no avail. Due to THAT line-up change, I lost that game. The RBI's alone accrued by Betts would have put my team to win…

672nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Please allow players who's games are cancelled to be taken out of starting lineups

In many cases throughout the baseball season, players will experience weather cancellations. It would be nice to be able to replace a player who's game is cancelled with a bench player that can play so long as the replacement players game hasn't started yet.

7th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  42 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. ROTO leagues have Maximum innings, why can't we get Minimum innings also?

Allow commissioners the ability to set minimum inning limitations similar to setting maximum innings.
    Leagues that don't use limits or don't want them, just turn them off.

232nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please add a Net Wins category (Wins + Losses)

Add Wins + Losses as a pitching category, resulting in Net Wins

57th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Increased Minimum Innings Pitched from 7 to 20; Require x amount of SP starts; cap closers per team

I'm still new to H2H, and right off the bat I realized that by allowing an automatic draft to progress without making specific picks was a mistake. This specific game is all about who gets the most and best closers, maybe setup men as well. The game puts little emphasis on starting pitching unless we are talking about rock stars, because further, it's all about accuracy - ERA and WHIP. If you're going to put a SP out there, he better be accurate or he'll skew your weekly figures and you are hosed. Sure you can take K's any given…

9th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  83 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Combine Roto and H2H

I would like to see the option to have H2H playoffs in a roto league. I would like the option to choose the playoff format for my league. The goal would be to use roto scoring to determine the top 4-6 teams as a regular season and then play head to head for the final weeks of the season for the playoffs.

75th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Change default scoring settings from saves to save plus holds

Fewer baseball managers use one relief pitcher to close out games. More often, the best reliever is being used in the highest leverage situation,whether it is the 9th inning or not. Some relievers are the best on their team but are not used to close out games because real life teams want to utilize those relievers when it matters the most.

420th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Innings Pitched

If a person has 7 innings pitched left in Rotisserie, they should not be allowed to start 7 players and get credit for them all.

672nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base