Fantasy Baseball

Fantasy Baseball

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we make Fantasy Baseball better?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create a Commissioner's Protected or Exempt List

We do farm club drafts each year in my 3-sport dynasty league -- baseball, football, and basketball and hold those players' rights for up to 3 years. If there could be a commissioner-controlled list of "protected" players we could put those guys on it would be very helpful. It would eliminate the failure to check the list and accidentally pick up someone else's farm clubber. Commish would just have to release the player/add him to a roster when someone wants to activate them. Also - for issues like the 45 newly drafted players (Mize, Bart, etc) that were posted, they…

64th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. support full/real keeper functionality

Yahoo should start actually supporting keeper functionality, where you can track rosters, years kept, salaries, etc., and can set how many years players can be kept, salary bumps, etc. CBS has been doing this for about 10 years already so it's very achievable technologically.

Forcing commissioners to enter (and calculate) all keeper info by hand isn't actually supporting keeper leagues - what Yahoo calls "Keeper Leagues" is really "recurring leagues", in which nothing other than team names and league settings are saved.

32nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create a new auction format like your waiver feature in auction leagues; Player gets nominated and all GM's have 10 seconds to make a blind

Create a new auction draft format...player gets nominated, all GM's have 10 seconds to make a blind bid...highest bid wins and is announced by computer within 5 seconds. Could auction 3-4 players per minute with this.

Yahoo already uses this on waivers, so technology is there. This format would drastically speed up time of auction drafts.

147th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow player for future draft pick trades (without the balancing draft pick)

Let me set this up. Draft is 25 rounds. Most teams have 10 keepers, so most teams have 15 picks.

Next--- Team A trades Joe Outfielder to Team B for a future 6th round pick (next year's draft). Why does Yahoo require that Team A include a draft pick? I recognize that Team A will have more draft picks than roster slots and that Team B will come up one draft pick short next spring.

With that established, why not "freeze" Team A's final pick due to a full roster just like Yahoo does during the season? Why not send…

413th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make a change to pre-rank settings to allow you to designate a position to be drafted in a specific round.

Allow the ability to select what position you want drafted in a particular round when you pre-rank players and have to auto-draft.

162nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Missing mock draft report card and results

I did a mock draft last night 4 March 2018 and did not receive the mock draft results nor is the mock draft showing up in the mock draft report card. Please fix this issue, it is not the first time this has happened.

200th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow Slow Drafts

Please add the capability for slow drafts. All you would have to do is up the draft pick time possibility all the way to 24 hours. CBS' website lets you do this and it's great for slow drafts. I see no reason why you can't do it as well...

100th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 413th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Immediate payment option for private cash leagues

When setting up a league as a cash contest, the commissioner is the only person required to pay immediately. Anyone else who joins can choose to pay now or pay later. There needs to be an option to require immediate payment when joining. It causes a lot of headaches with having to remove teams who haven’t paid and hoping to find enough players to fill those spots. I know that you can set a deadline for before the draft, but then if not everyone pays Yahoo just resets the league as a free contest.

279th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 14 Team Mock Drafts!

There needs to be 14 team mock drafts available. I have had a 14 team league since 2008 and can't believe Yahoo! still doesn't offer a mock draft bigger than 12 teams. I need a 14 team mock draft to prepare! Let's do it.

228th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Provide an option for Autodraft teams to opt out of being placed in Live draft leagues in order to fill

Provide an option for Autodraft teams to opt out of being placed in Live draft leagues in order to fill. If we wanted to be in a Live draft, we would have joined one.

413th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow teams to draft more players than there are position spots for

Since trading draft picks is allowed sometimes a team will have more picks than position spots. It would be nice if Yahoo allowed this to happen especially since you could draft some players that will start the season on the DL and you can put them in this spot. In the past on other site this was allowed and each team just needed to have a legal roster once the season started to gain points.

308th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 413th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Wrong draft again

Put in the wrong draft again,suppose to be autopick and got put in auction draft,you guys are the worst 3 years in a row.

228th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 308th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. If you want to kill free Yahoo auction leagues, don't offer them, instead of making them impossible to fill

I've had 4 drafts cancelled now because a conventional rotisserie auction league doesn't fill. There used to be functionality that allowed visibility to fill in leagues that were just short of teams, even up to 45 minutes before drafts. Now draft windows disappear two hours early, almost guaranteeing leagues will never fill when people try to join a new league as a fallback after a cancelled draft.

413th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. People NEED to be able to set a player's pre-draft value to $0 in auctions leagues.

If a player gets hurt in Spring Training (or you mistakenly assign a non-zero value to a worthless player), you should be able to set his pre-draft value to $0 to effectively remove him from your list. Forcing people into a minimum of a $1 value after they've edited the original value means that the player could be auto-nominated and drafted in the event the team owner cannot attend the auction.

In the Snake Draft format, there is an option when pre-ranking players to exclude someone your list entirely, which in essence makes it impossible for that player to be…

413th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Mock Draft idea It would be really cool if Yahoo set up a mock draft, against only computers, with your league's exact settings, keepers,

Mock Draft idea

It would be really cool if Yahoo set up a mock draft, against only computers, with your league's exact settings, keepers, etc.

Would help owners get a feel for deep/shallow positions.

308th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 540th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Putting in draft results

Can you please make hide drafted players the default setting instead of having to check the box everytime I go to the page. I'm sure plenty of leagues do slow drafts, and have to go to the page multiple times. Also can you please make it so that if I leave off in the middle of round 4, when I go back and put new picks in it goes back to Round 4 instead of what an individual teams' picks have been. I have to click the Round tab, then round 4 then click the box to hide drafted players.…

308th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base