Fantasy Hockey

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Offseason Trading

There has to be an option for offseason trading for keeper leagues. Trading in the summer can be crucial. It's difficult to keep track of manual trades if it's done by the commissioner.

45th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Why hasn't Byfuglien's status actually been changed to IR?

Feb 23
    New Player Note
    Dustin Byfuglien Wpg - D
    Day-to-Day
    Beantown GSX

On Injured Reserve

222nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Byfuglien has been on IR since yesterday morning....what is taking so long for yahoo to acknowledge that move (transaction)?

IR....why don't you put Byfuglien on IR...usually it is the teams that linger on making a move...this time it is yahoo....why can't you stay up with the game?

222nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add Maximum Position Limits

As a commissioner, I would like to have the ability to limit the number of forwards a team can have on their active roster.

My current league setup has 12 starting forward positions and 6 starting defensemen positions. I have the bench set to 0. However, the system allows teams to drop defensemen and add additional forwards to their bench, even though bench is set to 0. If I could set the maximum number of forwards allowed on their roster to 12, this would resolve the issue. This maximum of 12 would not include players in IR or IR+ spots.

111th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 292nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Combine nhl bye weeks into a 2 week long Matchup

Combine the 2 weeks of nhl bye weeks into 1 scoring period for head to head

14th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. P

Please make sure you see all the statistics when you click the player info icon. The pop-up window has extreme FW stats and no hits and block visible.

194th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. IR+ for guys listed as DTD or Out

This is a fair play issue. If the team or yahoo can't, doesn't or won't put a player on IR, why don't you add an IR+ spot so that guys who are not placed on the IR for whatever reason can be replaced without dropping a good player.

343rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Site maintenance hours before 1st game???

Curious why Yahoo chose to perform site maintenance in the hours leading up to the 1st game on Feb 18/19? Seems like something that should be done in the middle of the night. And my commish says that he cannot go back and adjust lineups after games have been played, which seems ridiculous.

489th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Keepers

Please provide more keeper options;
    1 - Commissioner sets the number of keepers, including how many of each position are allowed
    2 - Commissioner can assign contract lengths to keepers

194th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Adding options for start active palyers button

I like the button start active players. Could it be improved by adding different options or "algorithms"?

For example - Starting lineup to

(1) maximize certain categories
    (2) optimize lineup based on categories - like rank the 5 categorizes in order or priority
    (3) start line up based on last 7, 14, 30 days, or projected daily stats
    (4) start line up based on "pct started" value

271st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Lets take the next step with Keeper League options. It is time to give us a minor league (farm team) option!

I have been involved in fantasy hockey as a commissioner and GM since 2007 Yahoo is my personal choice as the best platform with respect to aesthetics and user friendlyness however in my opinion along with many other users i know in forums and leagues it is significantly lacking in the Keeper League options, specifically the prospect management options. The lack thereof is causing 3 of my four leagues to consider 'Fantrax' moving forward because it allows you to have a minor league team and bring them up to your roster and send them down as you choose without an…

343rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Player Notes

I am finding it very frustrating that this season I have had this issue. Many of my player notes are updating a day late. For example Brad Marchand played on Oct 30th and had 2 goals. Now in the app and on the website it says the note was on October 31st at 10:21AM BUT i know for a fact that note was not there at that time. It only appeared to me on 11/1 in the morning when I checked my team. This has been happening only from the start of this season as I've been using yahoo fantasy…

473rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add metric for games played

Adding a column for games played would allow for us to distinguish between poor performance and injury related deficits in statistics.

343rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Viewing rosters by date

When viewing a team's lines on the desktop site, the farthest back that you can set a date on the drop down menu is 2 days prior to the current date (you can do this over and over to get to the first day of play). What I would suggest is that the drop down menu functions similarly to the drop down menu on the mobile app, and the user be able to scroll up and down to select any date from the menu, so as to more easily view teams' lineups.

343rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Downloadable/alternative stats

I would like to see free agent stats downloadable - I'd also like to see other statistical categories other than the ones in my league - at the very least games played. What you have now is pretty bush league.

343rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. i have 4 players on real life IR. just killing my season. why can't there be as many IR subs as there is players on IR?

if you have multiple players on IR you should be able to pick up a FA for all the IR players not just 1

343rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Max Comtois should be NA not DTD

He's not in the NHL, he plays from Drummondville of the QMJHL.

I play in a keeper league where we have a house rule that keepers are only players who have played less than 5 seasons in the NHL. Hence the value of acquiring prospects like Comtois and parking him on the NA roster position.

343rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Pre ranking players

Why can Yahoo not remove keepers from the player pool when we are doing our pre ranking? That's a lot of players we are ranking for no reason at all.

And give us a field where we can type in a name instead of making us search through hundreds of names of players. Heaven forbid if we want to pick up a player who is ranked 850th and has a last name that starts with 'Z'. It's going to take you five minutes to find him.

271st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 489th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base