US Weather

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The Weather Homepage should not have the News search-bar. Many people put addresses in here thinking it will change the location.

Why have the News Searchbar on the weather homepage? I don't know how many times I and others I know type a zip code or city in that bar expecting the weather page to update and show the current weather for that location. Instead it runs a standard search and leaves the weather page altogether. I think the main search area on a WEATHER page should allow the user to search for weather, not news. I know there is a Change Location button further down the page, but it is not intuitive or user friendly based on other websites.

42nd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 42nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix the Weather app so its works!!!! Can not add a location after all my favorites disappeared. Hellooooo, are you even paying attention?

Fix the Weather app. You deleted all my favorite locations on my Weather app and now I cannot add any locations. Do you even read these ideas????

32nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Your weather one day summary icons don't match the predicted (or observed) weather

How about you link the current weather forecast to the national weather service (which I know you dont use) or any other private weather provider beside whoever you are using now.

91st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Your yahoo weather on your Apple tv isn't showing warnings on the yahoo weather & a idea.

Yahoo weather on the apple Vizio tv is not showing the weather warnings. It would be nice to see that showing on their weather apps since it is from "The Weather Channel" that the weather is coming from. Also I like it if I can place a local channel I like on the app from my area. My area has the local channels as our weather updates is WAAY 31, WAFF 48, and WHNT19. Just a notice on one of your apps and some ideas. Thanks for reading.

91st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. My hometown photo missing.

SAD to see My hometown Bajpe - 574142 has no photo on the Yahoo Weather app. I have photos, FLICKR submissions NEVER worked! how to send the photo? It's really sad to see big cities have hundreds of thousands of photos and not one of my hometown.

42nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Wrong and false temperatures and forecasts

Hello, to my shock I've have seen year after year, back to several years ago, that you give erroneous and false temperatures to colombian cities, especifically let's talk about the city of Ibagué, wich is a hot city most of the times excepting when there is certain rainfall or cloudy conditions, nevertheless everyday your website blatantly understimates the city's temperatures, and make believe the people who check your weather forecasts that the city has a temperate weather most of the times, facts that are completely false and it's so shameful for a website of your renown that you don't take…

42nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I live in Little Canada, MN but Cedar MN always come up in the weather. I can't delete it How do I fix it.

I don't have an idea I have the same problem with the wrong city coming up on the weather and can't change it of delete it.

91st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. iOS app v1.5.8 stopped working

About two weeks ago your iOS Yahoo Weather app (v1.5.8) stopped working. It no longer updates the data for each of the locations I have followed for years. An error is reported, "Cannot Get Weather", and "There may be a problem with your connection." However, there is not a problem with my connection; this app is the only one that won't connect with the Yahoo Weather service. It is ANNOYING, because the app was GREAT before it provided this error report. Please fix the app, and restore my Yahoo Weather information! Thanks!

32nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Fix it

the location that keeps showing (for weeks now) is 120 miles away from where I live.

91st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It would be nice if an allergy index could be added. Like pollen, dust and mites, etc. Thank you

add allergies to the web page so we could see what the allergy index is like Accuweather has and then I could only use this weather app.

42nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Your weather forecast suck.

You should REMOVE this stupid weather forecast.

42nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 42nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Ошибка в названии города

Пожалуйста ,исправьте ошибку в название города.Джезказган -это не верно.Верно -Жезказган. на главной странице Yahoo Джезкзаган

42nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 42nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. CRAZY temperatures ( 18C BELOW ZERO in the CARIBBEAN tonight, +49C in 10 days)

Currently, Yahoo weather shows a low temperature of 18C BELOW zero for Santo Domingo, Dominican Rep (a Caribbean location).
    And 10 days from today, the LOW temperature is forecast to be +49C (way way too high). I could send you a screenshot if the system allowed it.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/weather/dominican-republic/santo-domingo/santo-domingo-76456

42nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Constantly logging offm cming back to a silly page

It id constantly logging off and going back to the same silly page (https://guce.oath.com/collectConsent?sessionId=3cc-session33c7faa2-ad21-4867-a79d-47a13f961d01&lang=en-GB&inline=false&jsVersion=null&experiment=null) with this text:
    Oops, something went wrong
    Please try again later

There is no reason at all for even logging off. This is new for about one week. It never had this behaviour before Oath started destroying Yahoo. Please put this back to normal as soon as possible.
    Also, temperatures are often wrong and locations change erratically.

42nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. get me back to my home state

can not change my locations, I'm in the wrong city

68th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 42nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Something is very wrong. Your detailed weather for Traverse City, MI says sunny & 83F but today in weekly forecast says 90% rain & cloudy

Something is very wrong. Your detailed weather for Traverse City, MI says sunny & 83F but today in weekly forecast says 90% rain & cloudy

42nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base