Yahoo Homepage

Welcome to our Yahoo Homepage feedback forum!

If you would be interested in participating in User Research studies for Yahoo Homepage, please fill out this form.

This is a place for you to help shape the Yahoo Homepage experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Homepage.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Hi, please share your suggestions, we are listening

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. There needs to be an easier way to see reply's and old comments.

There needs to be an easier and more efficient way to see reply's, likes, and a person's old comments. Yahoo lists "reactions" and "comments." Before adding "reactions" one can easily click "my comments," and all the comments would pop up. But I can't do it with "reactions." Your notification bell thingy is horrible. I barely get notified of any of my comments.

126th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Customer Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stop promoting guns

Articles touting guns should not be in the news feed. If the gun nuts want to read about which one is supposedly better, I am sure they know where to find these reviews.

187th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Editorial Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. STOP with the spam maleware links and the ******* click baite

I getting sick and tired of these malware filled clickbaite links, and the constant popups to make your shittty site my homepage.

70th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Ads Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make your content relative to today.

It's June. Why are you posting Fall articles? Halloween, cooking Fall fruits & veg, Thanksgiving recipes?

197th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  My Yahoo  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. If you don't stop all of these ads for ad blockers bombarding my screen, I am leaving Yahoo for good.

I have been a loyal Yahoo user since the 1990's, but it if you don't stop all of the ads for ad blockers bombarding my screen, I am leaving Yahoo for good.

153rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Ads Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Cap your advertisers' tracking,

All of the excessive javascript from adds really makes my expirience UNENJOYABLE.

158th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Ads Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I want to have the sports stories that constantly show up on my pages to go away. I used to be able to click on a yes/no option

I want to have the sports stories that constantly show up on my pages to go away. I used to be able to click on a yes/no option, but that option has disappeared. I do not care about sports stories. I want to remove them from my news pages.

69th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. need a "report" feature for articles

We need a report feature for articles. There seems to be waaaaay too many articles that are completely biased and provide no facts. Case in point this recent article about a pregnant woman being shot and killed by a police officer. 1. she wasnt pregnant. 2. she had multiple warrants out for her arrest. and 3. she tried to take a officers taser and use it on him. All of this has been confirmed by the family and the police yet the editor of the article just sent out whatever he wanted. That writer/editor should have legal action taken upon…

187th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Editorial Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. change basketball on homepage.its over. let us decide what sport should be highlighted

change basketball on homepage. let us pick what sport ? baseball is here, basketball is over

215th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Block foreign trolls

I am a long time user of Yahoo. I read and comment on your articles daily. I am very concerned with the many comments are clearly from bots and trolls from foreign countries and posted to create division or spread dangerous propaganda. Most of these comments are on politically oriented articles. Most of these are likely from foreign origins or routed through proxy servers. To protect American from foreign influence (as google, facebook, etc are doing) Yahoo! should block comments sent through proxy servers and only accept direct server to server postings.

143rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. More "Feel Good" human interest, non-celebrity, non-political stories please!

Yahoo used to carry more feel good stories before the 2016 campaign heated up. Lots of comments in yesterday's CBS story you carried about the lunch stealing labs had people saying they wanted more. We all can use the reprieve from the constant political and celebrity stories. We can all use stories about regular people like us doing nice things. Please consider adding MORE upbeat content like about the dogs or the boy in foster care who wants to be adopted. We're overloaded with the famous!

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/m/a966dabe-957c-30a3-8b38-04cc2c03cdc0/dogs-steal-mail-carrier%27s.html?messageId=1d91ecab-2313-4802-8cff-022fba03e9f5&replyId=fc8a8653-8952-4e26-b95f-65458f8f3399&bcmt=1

57th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Are you honestly OK with your writers using the term "AF" in your headlines? You should be ashamed and embarrassed.

When you allow your writers to use the term "AF" (as ****) in your headlines, it makes your entire company less credible.

118th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Your website has NO ORGANIZATION! Why don't you categorize your context like every other website?

Go back to categories so I don't have to see headlines for the Kardashians on every other story!

93rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Please allow us to use our own wallpaper for Yahoo Mail. You don't give us enough nice choices.

Most other email providers allow background changes of the user's choice, either from a provided list or the user's own graphics. Personally, I'm not fond of any of the choices you provide.

197th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Yahoo Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Realtime news

Why are both your finance & sports news always several hours late compared to other web sites? For example all your early morning news articles are always 6 or more hours late. Is this intentional?
    My idea is to post current articles...

Thanks

187th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 197th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 187th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Editorial Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Stop putting LGBT rainbows on my home page

I noticed that YAHOO is in rainbow colors today. Why can't yahoo stop forcing their ********** agenda down everyone's throat?? Many people like myself who have morals and values are offended by this. There should be a way for us to remove the rainbows from our home pages. Of if this is not an option, maybe we should choose a different homepage.

197th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. stop using such poor writers.

Your stories are interesting, but the one about the doberman showed a picture or a boxer on the front page, and it sounded like it had been written by a middle schooler for an assignment. Your articles are a insult to any moderate intelligent adult.

197th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Take all opinion articles and put them in their own category.That way the real news can be read by people.

Sorry, opinion pieces are being read by people and they consider it fact. We need to try to idiot proof the process so people can make good decisions for their lives and others around them.

215th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base