How can we improve Yahoo Finance?

yahoo finance sell

Feature request: ability to track sold stocks in portfolio. I'm tracking holdings but when I sell a stock I'd like to see that gain/loss reflected in my overall portfolio value. It would be nice to have a cash position as well but that's not as urgent for me.

9th ranked
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also noticed that.

Other bug, the day of the purchase and/or sale, the day gains are wrong, in the app they seem to work as supposed. In day gain shows as if the stock was purchased a prior day, in relation to the previous close rather than the cost basis. App does it right!

• C Y commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I used to used a lot with a negative number for number of a share \to reflect a sale, but it seems stop working recently. Without tracking the gain and loss, it becomes useless.

• Simon DeLaCruz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please create this feature. This makes it possible to track value of a portfolio over time through changes.

• Sweendoggy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is absolutely necessary! Yahoo Finance should immediately implement this. In fact, I do not understand why this was not included to begin with.

• Pedro Emerick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There should be a way to sell the stocks in my portifollio, not only delete the intire lot. As you could do in Google Finance.
    This way you can see your results through time.

• M Leonard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hard to find since Google Portfolio went away. Would be great if a sell could close the position, show the return, and update cash as appropriate!

• Olive Tree commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

a sell designated by negative entry in the number of shares should create a non-updating sale value as opposed to "market value" and this will make the average cost and profit calculation right.

Feedback and Knowledge Base