Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please change mini-chart color back to white

Why this pointless change to black? You can't even see important parts of the chart now. Do you not have a Q/A process?

Instead of playing around with colors how about fixing the following long-outstanding issues:

AJAX search often retrieves the wrong stock (it used to work perfectly).
    Auto-refresh stalls out.
    Option chain price info often has no correlation to reality.
    Make everything real-time.

34th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

12 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "Report abuse" button not workin on spam and other abusive comments in Yahoo Finance Conversations

Dear Yahoo Staff, there have been an increasing amount of spam and other abusive comments throughout the Yahoo Finance conversation boards. I have repeatedly tried to use the "report abuse" dropdown option on the upper right-hand corner of the posts to no avail. These spammed and/or abusive posts are still around months later. Below are a few of the examples:

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/GLD/community?guccounter=1

Please look at the post history of the user Bullrage1. It is full of multiple years of youtube link spamming among other abusive posts. Many of his comments look like they're outright written by a bot.

"The Spooks have…

5th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Unable to load portfolio

When I click on My Holdings, I get an error message saying "Unable to load your portfolios. Please try reloading the page."

It doesn't work.

11th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  39 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ticker info is missing on all symbols

Ticker info is missing from all stock symbols for nov 4th 2019

168th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Volume for all stocks on 10/31/19 high by 100X

All stocks on 10/31/19 have a volume that is 100 times higher than the rest of the volume data.

168th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. The mute button

Fix the mute button. I'm on Firefox on a Windows 10 desktop. I can't mute anyone. In my case, it's "ariadinvestor" I'm trying to mute. Others have complained about the feature not working. Please fix it.

277th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. interactive chart w/comparison(s) - hover over values displayed are offsest relative to time stamp

When using interactive charts and adding a comparison, the displayed values for the equity and the comparison in the top upper left corner of the chart do not display the correct value with respect to the position of the cursor hover over position on the chart. It appears hover over values provided are offset relative to time stamp by about four steps behind the cursor position. This occurs for any time interval and seems to be in most chart types.
    I toggled settings to include after hours, and noticed the offset was now three steps off.

277th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 277th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. mutual funds not updating for past 3 days

No updates on 9/25/19, 9/26/19, 9/27/19. Any thoughts on when this page will become reliable again?

277th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Why can't we get rid of the stupid info bar at the top of the page?

The info bar at the top is way too big - also it never goes away. I am not a moron. I can go to the top of the page if I want to see this stupid thing - which I never need to do because its totally useless. We use WIDEscreen monitors which means our vertical space is always precious. This thing is an abomination. To make matters worse there is almost nothing on it. Why not have it occupy 3/4 of the page while you're at it. Would make just as much sense.

60th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. DEDR-L.TA symbol currency is wrong

Hello,
    The currenct for this sbol is USD. This is wrong. The currency should be ILS (Israeli Shekel).
    Please fix this.

277th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. volume bars are not updated with time

When you open the full screen charts. the price is changing with time but the volume bars are not not plotted anymore with time.
    only the volume bars history exists but no update to them.

277th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. streaming quotes

streaming quotes

market time column doesnt get updated

all fields should update bid ask size etc etc

45th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thanks for your post!

Please visit our help pages (help.yahoo.com/kb/finance-for-web) and click ‘Contact Us’ so we can further assist investigating this inquiry by filling out a help form.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon!

Regards,
    Yahoo Finance

14. 277th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 277th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. day range before the open does not appear in many simbols

day range in many simbols is empty before the open.

277th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Financial Statements No Longer Import to Excel Following Most Recent Update

Following the most recent update to the Financial Statements (Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow) excel is no longer able to recognise the information as a 'table' and therefore it cannot be downloaded using the simple import from web function. My understanding is this is due to a change in the coding approach on the back end. I reached out to the finance customer service team and I was advised that this feature is no longer available because of the update and I was advised to post on this forum to try to gain support for this feature to be…

277th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Fix the S&P 500 Components view. They are important and they are broken for ages.

The S&P 500 components view is broken for more than half a year. I don't think they will ever get fixed, but can anyone tell me why it's so a low priority for you? It's an important feature though.

277th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. SUN.AX price eror

SUN.AX showing incorrect current price. Been like this for a while now. Not sure if the same bug is affecting other shares

277th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. historical prices no longer include dates

My idea is to include a column of dates with the prices. Groundbreaking, I know.
    I'd attach a screenshot, but I can't do that until a week from now when you ask me for one. Good job all around!

277th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base