Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please change mini-chart color back to white

Why this pointless change to black? You can't even see important parts of the chart now. Do you not have a Q/A process?

Instead of playing around with colors how about fixing the following long-outstanding issues:

AJAX search often retrieves the wrong stock (it used to work perfectly).
    Auto-refresh stalls out.
    Option chain price info often has no correlation to reality.
    Make everything real-time.

37th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

12 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "Report abuse" button not workin on spam and other abusive comments in Yahoo Finance Conversations

Dear Yahoo Staff, there have been an increasing amount of spam and other abusive comments throughout the Yahoo Finance conversation boards. I have repeatedly tried to use the "report abuse" dropdown option on the upper right-hand corner of the posts to no avail. These spammed and/or abusive posts are still around months later. Below are a few of the examples:

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/GLD/community?guccounter=1

Please look at the post history of the user Bullrage1. It is full of multiple years of youtube link spamming among other abusive posts. Many of his comments look like they're outright written by a bot.

"The Spooks have…

5th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Unable to load portfolio

When I click on My Holdings, I get an error message saying "Unable to load your portfolios. Please try reloading the page."

It doesn't work.

11th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  42 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Your Export Tool is Total Garbage!!!!!

My God Yahoo Finance!! Your Export Tool is absolutely Total Garage!! Quit replying to everyone to refer to some BS page somewhere and just fix the **** thing already!! Gosh!!

That has to be embarrassing to be masquerading as a Financial site and you can't even have a reliable tool to export pricing information.

If you want us to use your products, you have to give us something that works for crying out loud!!

Please fix it. Don't send us to some page......just FIX THE **** TOOL!! PLEASE!!!

687th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. FTSEE100 historical data issue

FTSEE100 historical data is missing and can only be found via Google 'FTSEE100 historical data' search. in addition, when attempted to dowload the data, only a fraction of selected sample is downloaded! Tried similar sample with other benchmarks - and all work fine!

304th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 687th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Get rid of "news" stories from Simply Wall St.

Get rid of "news" stories from Simply Wall St. These so-called "stories" are just spam that looks like it was compiled by some kind of bot.

304th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Import Export Icons

When viewing your portfolio, the Import/Export icons are reversed. Or is this intentional?

304th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Stock chart comparison feature no longer works properly

The Chart >> Comparison feature no longer works properly: The Y axis SHOULD represent % change over time, and all items we add SHOULD all start at the same place, at 0%, for whatever time-frame we are looking at, so that we are comparing how far each one moved RELATIVE to each other, but now, they no longer do.

This is one of SEVERAL ongoing bugs now with Yahoo! Finance. This used to be the best finance site, back when it actually worked. Now it's not even worth a visit. Please fix!

687th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. currency

On first load, au.finance.yahoo.com shows the correct total in AUD at the top of the /portfolios page under "My portfolios" but then displays the USD value after a few seconds when the data on the page updates.

687th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Fix visual bugs on full sized charts

Full sized charts have a few visual errors, both on Firefox and Chrome with Windows 10.

1) For all graphs, when you add Events (especially the premium ones), the dots on the graph have a hover bubble that show the event text. For events that are longer (such as Products or Corporate Deals) the text goes beyond the width of the bubble, and becomes difficult/impossible to read.

2) The sidebar that shows your portfolios and watchlists works just fine in Stocks (which at the top has a selector for showing Watchlists and Events). When charting ETFs however, (where there are…

687th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The Mexican "Bolsa de Valores" quotes show previous day until after 10:30 EDT

Mexican "Bolsa de Valores" opens at the same time as the New York markets but your information does not up-date price information until at least 10:30 EDT (New York time). At 929 yesterday's prices are still being shown as current.

687th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Incorrect Price data both on the display and exported stock prices

As the heading states, I can refresh my display say.....5 times and there will be a few stocks in a portfolio of say 90 that will change to a different price 2 or 3 times out of 5 refreshes. Obviously, the export tool is hosed also. This is a very big problem for me doing my personal finance on Saturday morning when I have to double and triple check the data I am getting from you guys. Please fix this problem. I noticed it last weekend as well; but, it seems even worse this weekend.

687th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Export function has a bug in it.

The data (Prices) exported is buggy and does not match the data in the Webpage. In other words, you have 90 securities in a portfolio. You can view that portfolio and the downloaded data does not agree with what exists within the webpage. This data discrepancy is not repeatable. If you export it again, it will export the correct data. This is very hard to detect in large portfolios. This is the second week I have noticed this problem. Please look into this. Data accuracy is obviously very important in Finance.

687th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Banner advertising Yahoo Premium is hiding part of portfolio value

The banner advertising Yahoo Premium "Get deeper portfolio insights to generate optimal returns while managing risk." is so wide that the value of the portfolio (to the left of that banner) is being cut off. Please leave sufficient room for the value of the portfolio to be displayed (maybe an extra 60 to 80 pixels).

304th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ticker info is missing on all symbols

Ticker info is missing from all stock symbols for nov 4th 2019

184th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to report this. We would like to investigate this further. Please contact finance.support@verizonmedia.com and provide specific examples along with screenshots so we can follow up on the errors you are seeing. Thank you again for your patience!

Regards,
    Yahoo Finance

17. Volume for all stocks on 10/31/19 high by 100X

All stocks on 10/31/19 have a volume that is 100 times higher than the rest of the volume data.

184th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 304th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. interactive chart w/comparison(s) - hover over values displayed are offsest relative to time stamp

When using interactive charts and adding a comparison, the displayed values for the equity and the comparison in the top upper left corner of the chart do not display the correct value with respect to the position of the cursor hover over position on the chart. It appears hover over values provided are offset relative to time stamp by about four steps behind the cursor position. This occurs for any time interval and seems to be in most chart types.
    I toggled settings to include after hours, and noticed the offset was now three steps off.

304th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. DEDR-L.TA symbol currency is wrong

Hello,
    The currenct for this sbol is USD. This is wrong. The currency should be ILS (Israeli Shekel).
    Please fix this.

304th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base