Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. A full block tool

Hopefully Yahoo developers and staff are reading these suggestions. A tool to full block someone from viewing your posts and following you around is sorely needed in the Yahoo Conversations. This tool will allow users to essentially self-moderate which means less work for Yahoo's Abuse Team and most significantly, a guaranteed decrease in the overall toxicity within the Yahoo forums.

Just muting doesn't do enough because abusive individuals will still follow you around to smear you and make you look awful. There is just so much of this going on right now and it is making the Yahoo forums very…

12th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 7th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  34 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Get those "premium" offers off my site, I can't get to the views I need.

Get those "premium" offers off my site, I can't get to the views I need. I tried to delete them, but that didn't work.

74th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 47th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 26th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Freeze Panes - Header Columns/ Titles

Freeze Panes ( Columns and Rows) on Scrolling down/ sideways.
    Lets say I have 50 stocks in a potfolio and I am tracking multple indicators/ metrics for them. When I scroll below on a 15 inch screen, I lose the header columns. All I then see is a bunch of numbers.
    Can we have an option to freeze panes just like excel so that we dont lose track of it ?

116th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Feature to select which portfolios to include in My Portfolio totals

Just migrated from AOL. really miss the feature allowing users to select which portfolios to include in totals of main view page. There was a button to click to include in totals. This allowed you to select as many or as few of your portfolios to include in master page total. Please add this feature. Thank you.

41st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 55th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Adding Notes

When I monitor my stocks or option under my wathchlist and/or portfolio I would like to be able to add some notes on the page I guess this function can be added below part of the page.

159th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. links to financial news items need to change color after being clicked on

links to financial news items need to change color after being clicked on so i can track which stories i've already reviewed

159th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Check on open tickets

We used to be able to see the status of any ticket we entered. Also, we used to be able to scan open tickets and search for a Ticker that has been reported as having a problem so we don't have to keep bugging tech support.

Can those features be added?

258th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please can you make the Yahoo Finance Premium subscription available to people that live outside of America.

I live in South Africa and only trade the American markets. I am disappointed that the can I cannot sign up for Yahoo Finance Premium. I cannot pay with my credit card or use my PayPal account. There has to thousands of people like myself that would be willing to use the premium service that live outside of America. Think you might be missing out on a good revenue stream here by not allowing us to pay and use this service.

258th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. The app needs a way to deal with stock splits, either automatically or with the click of a button.

The app needs a way to deal with stock splits, either automatically or with the click of a button.

159th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Under "HISTORCAL DATA" you have plenty of space to have another 2 columns - "UP" and "DOWN" please, so we don't have to do the calculation!

Under "HISTORCAL DATA" you have plenty of space to have another 2 columns - "UP" and "DOWN" please, so we don't have to do the calculation every time!
    It would show if the close was UP or DOWN from the day before.
    Thanks,
    Phil.

258th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Interviews with Market Makers and Movers

Your Yahoo Finance live market day video QUALITY and RELIABILITY are LEGENDARY and 1000% better than CNBCPro, but you NEED to get interviews with more market makers movers and shakers like Jeff Gundlach, FOMC members, etc. because your content has too much "millenial blah blah blah" filler.

159th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability to 'save' chosen "reaction" in the Conversations drop down menu

In Finance 'conversations', you should be able to "SAVE" the reaction
    you pick from the drop down menu that you offer. Instead of defaulting to the "top" reaction over and over.

577th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. limit amount of posts allowed per day to 10 posts

People are taking advantage of the forums and are posting 100's of useless comments per day on the financial stock forums.
    By limiting to 10 post per day we might get more valuable information posted or at least not so much trash.

159th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Stock price alerts

I'd like to have a watchlist of specific stocks and designate a specific price for each one. When the market price reaches a specific target price, I'd like the option of 1) a pop-up message telling me that stock has reached that specific price, and 2) an e-mail alert with the same information. This feature should be available on both desktop and mobile versions of Y-F. Currently I have an Excel spreadsheet with each selected stock and a target price for each one, but I have to manually review my watchlist prices and compare against my spreadsheet targets. Having an…

258th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback . We’re always interested in opportunities to improve our products and services, so we appreciate when our users take the time to share with us. We will make sure that this gets to the appropriate team for review.

19. Tooltip for new investors

Hey guys,

I'm a product manager in a tech company and an investor in the market for some time now.

I would like to suggest the following:

Add tooltip to each financial number within the system, explaining to novices what it means.
    Example:
    P/E Ratio will have a tooltip such as: the ratio of a company's share price to the company's earnings per share.

You can also include a "learn more" link within the tooltip.

I think that many novice investors will benefit a lot from this very easy to implement feature.

159th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Show the dollar daily change for a portfolio.

In the app, it would be helpful to show the dollar daily change for a portfolio, not just the percentage change. This was available in the old version of the app.

258th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base